Chapter 68

Alex POV

It was the day I'd been looking forward to. My and Alaya's Nikkah ceremony. I couldn't believe the time had finally arrived. Today was the first day of the rest of our lives.

Text on Nikkah day:

Alaya: Good morning 😍

Alex: Good morning Baby

Alaya: We still up for today? 😉

Alex: Yes, I'm not busy. ❤

I donned a classic Asian suit in a cream colour. I wasn't sure what Alaya was wearing, but she had given us clear instructions to match, and she had requested that the boutique we visited only present us clothing in the colour she had specified. I didn't mind what I was wearing as long as we got married.

In the Nikkah ceremony, surrounded by our loved ones, we exchanged vows

In the Nikkah ceremony, surrounded by our loved ones, we exchanged vows. When we uttered our vows, I couldn't help but feel emotional. Alaya didn't hold back. We had been looking forward to this day for a long time, and it well exceeded my expectations. Following that, we had a reception. We had made the gathering memorable and distinct by incorporating both of our cultures.

"Alaya and Alex, please accept my heartfelt congratulations. I'm delighted for you both. Didn't I tell you Alex you'd find your way back to each other?" Professor Green twirled his moustache and murmured this to us both. I noticed he had trimmed it because it wasn't as long as I remembered.

"Professor Green, thank you very much. You did say that, didn't you? I'm so glad you knocked some sense into me that day. It's been a long road but we finally made it." replied to him, staring at Alaya and holding her hand in mine to sneak in a kiss.

"Professor Green, I just wanted to thank you for all you've done for me. Thank you for not giving up on me and for encouraging me to complete my studies. Also.... thank you for the advice you gave Alex. He told me what you said and I will forever be grateful to you." Alaya added.

"Well.... I'm at a loss for words. I wish you happiness and the best of wishes. Please keep in touch, and I hope to see the gallery soon. I've heard nothing but good things about it." Professor Green remarked, before departing and taking a seat at the table .

The wedding day had passed in a flash. We had a wonderful time. For our honeymoon, I had planned to take Alaya on a European tour. Our first trip will be in France. I had intended to show her around the Louvre because she had always expressed an interest in seeing it. We were to travel to Italy, Spain, Germany, Malta, Greece, and the Netherlands after France. I figured that being the boss has its perks, and we were due for a month off. What better way to visit these destinations than on your honeymoon? After we returned from our honeymoon, we decided to have a registry ceremony as well.

*************

4 YEARS LATER

Alayas POV

I told Alex, "Babe, would you kindly wake Maya and Aden while I cook breakfast." I was pressed for time. We had two children, a boy and a girl. We grew from two to four. Our family was complete. The twins had just turned three and were about to start pre-school for the first time. I was quite jittery. They have been with me every day since they were born. It was my first day back as a curator at the gallery as they started pre-school.

Being the boss's wife had its advantages. I was able to take off longer then my maternity leave allowed me as I wanted to be there for the twins. Alex was an amazing father. He was quite hands-on. I'm not sure I could have done it without him.

"Say good morning to your wonderful mummy, Maya and Aden," Alex murmured as he held both twins and knelt down to kiss me.

"Goooo.. marnin... Mama," Maya stated in a cute voice.

"Goo... morn... mama," Aden said sweetly.

"Good morning my bubbas." I said, as I kissed them on the cheeks and tickled them, the twins chuckled in unison.

"Babe, is there anything else I need to do before I leave?" Alex inquired, as he sat down at the dining table with the twins.

"No, I've already packed the lunch boxes and only have to tidy up before we leave. I'll get something at the gallery because I'm short on time " I said, as I set the twins' breakfast bowls on the tables.

"Okay babe, You're going to smash it today. Say bye bye to dada" Alex muttered in his baby talk voice as he kissed Maya and then Aden, before leaving for work.

I never imagined my life would be so idyllic. My life was complete as I had the love of my life and two wonderful kids. Alex has saved me in more ways than I could ever imagine, and I will be eternally grateful for his love. As the saying goes, we did, after all, live happily ever after.

Hey Lovelies,

I hope you have enjoyed reading this story as much as I have enjoyed writing it.
P.S. I couldn't not say a massive thank you to Shel for supporting me throughout this. -S