Chapter 35

Alex POV

"There's something I'd like to ask you, Alaya. You texted me the night I was attacked, saying you wanted to speak with me. Did something happen? "

Alaya appeared agitated as she set her plate down on the coffee table and turned to face me. She appeared to be hesitating as she twisted her fingers and kept glancing at her hands.

"What is it Alaya?" I inquired as I snatched her hands and cradled them in mine.

"Alex, you were right about Zayn.  The day you were attacked, he told me he had feelings for me and he tried to propose to me. Of course, I turned him down, but he's been causing me problems at home ever since. I'm not sure what it is, but he's turned into this spiteful person. He had requested my dad's permission for my hand in marriage, and when I declined, he went home to sulk to my dad, who is now refusing to speak to me. He even grabbed my arm and hurt me yesterday. He spoke to me in such a harsh way. Don't worry, I've put him in his place."  She tried to reassure me by saying, "He won't bother me again,"  but it didn't work.

"I'm fucking going to kill him!!"  I said, as I stood up from the sofa, outraged by the revelation. "He hurt you!! What did that bastard say to you exactly?"

"Please, Alex, calm down. I told you I've taken care of it. I'm okay. Look at me. Please take a deep breath ", she requested, as she placed both palms on either side of my face. I could only see red. He has no right to hurt my sweet girl. I put in so much effort to keep her happy, and that bastard had the audacity to manhandle her.

"He knows where he stands with me now. I'll be quite surprised, if he attempts anything else with me. We won't have to worry about anyone once I tell my parents about us."   She went on to say to try to calm down my anger, which wasn't going away any time soon.

"I swear, Alaya, if he even looks at you the wrong way, I'm going to gauge his eyes out. If he tries anything else with you, so help me."   I couldn't control my rage and was yelling at Alaya, even though she wasn't the one who had done anything wrong.   "I'm sorry for shouting, baby, but I can't bear seeing you in any pain. That dickhead is certainly bringing out the worst in me."

I softly took Alaya's hand in mine and gently drew her close to me, her cheek against my chest. "I promise I won't let anything horrible happen to you. I'm sorry for cursing in front of you."

She burst out laughing. "I'm no saint, Alex. I curse as well. You've met my brothers, right? They bring out the worst in me."

"I have yet to see your bad side, Alaya Khan," I replied.

THE NEXT DAY

I returned to Uni the next day since I felt well enough. Aside from that, since Alaya told me about Zayn, I've been compelled to stay near her in case he decides to cross the line again. I sensed something wasn't quite right about him when I first met him. I know Alaya won't like it, but he'll regret it if he tries anything else with her.

Since she changed her major, Alaya and I have been able to spend a lot of time together. I was based in the art studio next to her classroom. I would enter the class whenever I had the chance. Professor Green wasn't thrilled about it since he thought I was a distraction to Alaya, but I've never cared about what the professor thought before.

My evenings were spent tutoring the boys, which was ideal because it allowed me to be with my girl. Kamran and Harris, the twins, and I seem to get along splendidly. We have bonded over our shared interests in wrestling, fortnight, Minecraft, and nerf guns.  I can tell I'm the family favourite, despite my desire to be just one person's favourite in everything.

It's been eye-opening to spend so much time in Alaya's home. I've been able to see her put her faith into action. At different times of the day, she and her family pray together. I'm finding myself calling Amar for help understanding certain topics on Islam so I don't look stupid in front of Alaya. Despite the fact that Alaya has never made me feel this way, I am eager to learn everything there is to know about her. What she enjoys and what she dislikes. One positive thing that has come out of this is that my relationship with Amar has deepened.

 The fact that Alaya is totally herself is something that impresses me about her. She isn't scared to wear whatever makes her feel most comfortable, such as her traditional Asian clothes and be without make-up. It's been a turn off for me to be around girls who are so self-obsessed with appearing flawless. I'm grateful to have met Alaya, who looks lovely without even trying.

 I met Mr Khan last week briefly. This week when I saw him I overheard him and Alaya having an uneasy conversation. Because of Zayn's spitefulness, I could see this was causing Alaya a lot of suffering. My hatred for Zayn grew even deeper when I witnessed how much pain Alaya's father not speaking to her properly is causing her.

The last few days had flown by, and tomorrow was the day we set off to attend the art program's weekend trip away. I was ecstatic that Alaya was coming. Her birthday is on Sunday, so we'd have the entire weekend to ourselves. I'll have to do something huge for her because I want her to feel special, despite the fact that she has stated that she dislikes birthdays. Nothing is going to stop me from spoiling my girl. 

Hey Lovelies,

Please vote and comment- S