Chapter 49

**********

Warning/Reader Discretion: Some readers may find this chapter not suitable if they have been a victim of sexual assault. Please read with caution.

*********

Alayas POV

Alex had gone home for the night. When I went to check on the twins, they were fast asleep. I tucked them in and turned off the lights in their room.

I decided I'd finish cleaning up so I wouldn't have to do it in the morning because I had University and had to take the twins to school. Grabbing the bowls and glasses from the coffee table in the living room, I went to the kitchen. When I finished washing up and walked to the dining room to turn off the lights, I found Alex's wallet on the table. "Oh, crap! Alex has forgotten his wallet", I said to myself. 

The key to his flat was visible in one of the slots. "Great," I said to myself, "he won't be able to get into his flat now." I took out my phone to dial his number, but there was no answer. I then sent him a message.

Alaya: Hey babe, you've left your wallet here and your keys in it. You'll need to come back and collect it. I'll wait up for you. x

I heard a knock just as I set my phone down on the table. That's got to be Alex. He has realised he's forgotten his wallet and key. With a smile on my face, I went to open the door and took his wallet with me to hand over to him.

When I opened the door, it was Zayn who greeted me. My smile had vanished. He stood in my doorway with a menacing look on his face, holding himself in place with his hand against the door frame. "What are you doing here Zayn?", I questioned him, because it was late and I wasn't expecting him.

"What's..ss the matter Alayaaa? Were you.. expecting your.. boyfriend?" He replied in a drunken manner. I'm sure he's been drinking alcohol. His words were slurred, his eyes were bloodshot, and he couldn't keep his balance.

"What are you talking about Zayn? Are you drunk? How dare you come to my house this late and in this state! You need to leave!", I shouted, my rage consuming me. I attempted to slam the door shut but was unable to do so because his foot was wedged in the doorway. He pushed the door open with his hand so hard that my body was propelled back a few steps and I fell on the ground.

"Zayn, what the actual fuck!!! You need to leave my house right now" I demanded, pointing to the door and yelling at him.

"You see the thing is Alaya, I'm not going anywhere. I am sick of you playing games with me. I know all about your dirty relationship with that loser, Alex! Do you really think I'm stupid and I'm going to accept that you want to be with him rather then me? I've been following both of you for the past few weeks now", he confessed to me as he knelt beside me on the floor, glaring at me with a disgusted frown on his face. I'd never drank alcohol before, but I knew the fragrance emanating from his mouth was it because I'd never smelled anything like it.

"Please, Zayn, you need to leave.", I begged him. I was feeling increasingly terrified and apprehensive as a result of his behaviour.

"I'm not.. going anywhere, Alaya. Your boyfriend left a while ago. Do you have no shame going to his flat and spending the whole day there! You fucking slut!! So you're sleeping with him as well?", he continued, his voice brimming with venom and rage.

"Please, Zayn... leave... I'm begging you. I'm not sleeping with Alex. We both love each other." I pleaded with him to go once again. This time, tears streamed down my cheeks. But it was in vain. Zayn had no intention of leaving.

"What did you just say? You fucking love each other! Is that.... is that.... the reason you turned me down? Because you love that bastard!" His speech was still slurred as he yelled at me squarely in the face. "That day... I should have fucking... killed that bastard, a whack... to the head wasn't enough!"

"What did you just say? Were you the one who assaulted Alex?" In an enraged tone, I inquired.

"Yes... it was me. When I... dropped you off... that day, I saw you both hugging each other. You know the day you crushed my heart, you deceitful bitch! I'm going to kill him!", he continued, his voice threatening.

I was overcome with rage as I managed to stand up and push Zayn away, fleeing towards the stairwell. I needed to get away from him. As I rushed towards my bedroom, he chased me and managed to grasp my hair, yanking me back to him.

"You fucking bitch! I'll make you wish you'd never said no to me! ", he whispered in my ear as he yanked my hair, which I clutched in my palm due to the pain he was inflicting. He dragged me into my room, spun me around to face him, struck me across the mouth, causing it to bleed, and pushed me onto my bed.

As he looked around, he added, "I forgot how nice your bedroom was."

"Please don't do this, Zayn. My brothers are asleep next door." I begged him by raising my hand in an attempt to defend myself.

He began untying his belt and undoing the zipper on his jeans. "Zayn, what are you doing? Please Zayn! Please, don't do this. Please..." I pleaded as tears streamed down my cheeks.

He slapped me across the face once more in an attempt to silence me. It worked. "You need to shut up, you whore, or the boys will wake up. And if they wake up, I'm going to kill them in front of you and finish what I'm doing now!" He told me in a menacing tone with a slight smirk on his face.

"Please, Zayn, don't do this. Please...."

When he kicked the door to my room shut with his leg, I knew my life would never be the same.

Hey Lovelies,

I didn't want to go into detail about the sexual assault as I didn't want to glorify it.  I'll throw in some flashbacks now and then. Please vote and comment- S