03 ~ Chai With Ice Cream

Students started leaving once the class over. All of them were just gossiping about Madhi on how she got close to Sumedh just in a week. It seems like they both knew each other for a long.

Sumedh came and sat near Madhi, who was sitting leaning against the wall.

"So what's up with my girl? Didn't wish to leave?" Sumedh scooped her up in his arms, making her sit in his lap.

"Mom will come to pick up me, Uncle. I should wait inside the classroom until the watchman call me out if my mom comes." Sumedh had insisted that she should call him uncle the rest of the time after school hours.

"Means you listen to your mom's every word." Sumedh wondered how a girl grew up in London, listens to her mother's order patiently that too at such young age.

"Because she is my everything. Sometimes she cries a lot, uncle and whenever she sends me out with any other or to school, she tells me 'n' number of times to be safe. I don't wanna give her tension on my behalf when she herself has a lot of things to deal with." She replied maturely, which made Sumedh admire her.

He wasn't that mature until six years back. But she was at the age of five.

"What about your dad?" He forced his gaze to stay on her but he couldn't help, rather than looking away.

"He is no more." Sumedh's eyes gawked at her unbelievably. Was he hearing right?

"What happened, Uncle?" Madhi shook him by his shirt.

"Nothing, dear. Your dad..." Madhi cut him off, "Uncle, I don't know anything about my dad. All my mum said to me when I asked her about my dad was that he is no more."

Sumedh hugged that innocent girl and kissed her hairs. He didn't know how he became this much emotional towards Madhi. But he loved this feeling.

Madhi wrapped her little arms around Sumedh's neck and patted his back, trying to console him, seeing him getting sad for her. Sumedh chuckled at her action and stood up with her in his arms.

He twirled her in the air, making her giggle. He laughed along with her and brought her down close to his chest.

She leaned her head against his chest and both panted for some time.

"So what about ice cream for Madhi baby?" He asked her. But before she could reply, there came the security guard, "Sir, Madhi's Mumma had come to pick up her."

"Oh!" He pouted at Madhi and dropped her down.

She took her backpack and turned to leave. But stopped near the door and turned to Sumedh, "I don't mind having chai along with Ice cream with you tomorrow, Uncle."

He smiled at her. She flashed a quick smile at him and gave her a flying kiss before disappearing out of the classroom.

"I love this feeling of being..." Before he could finish, his mobile let out a ringtone. He smiled to himself and moved towards her mobile, which was kept for charging. Soon his smile vanished and sighed, seeing the caller Id.

~~~

"Then tomorrow after class we both will go to the canteen for chai and Ice cream." Madhi licked her lips when she completed telling about her day to her mother.

"It seems like someone had taken my place in my princess life." Mallika faked a pout while making a hot tea for her tea addicted daughter.

"Aww, my bachi! You are my first, Baba." Madhi imitated her mother's words which Mallika use whenever Madhi pouts to her if she gets close to any other kids.

Mallika gasped at her and laughed at her daughter before taking her in her embrace, "You are becoming naughty day by day, Princess."

"Well, Because I am Princess, hainna?" Madhi tried to smirk at her mother but she couldn't, which made Mallika chuckle at her baby doll.

"Do you know what, Madhi? You remind me of my college mate, whom I met today. He is self-obsessed just like you." Mallika teased her, making her sit on the kitchen counter.

"Mumma." Madhi pouted. Mallika smiled and pecked her lips, "You are cute while pouting."

"That uncle also said the same, Mumma. I look cute while pouting." Madhi said about Sumedh, which made Mallika roll her eyes.

"Can you stop talking about your THAT UNCLE for once?" Mallika said out of jealousy.

It was so new for Mallika to witness Madhi got close to someone this much. Madhi wasn't a kid, who gets close to anyone just like that how much ever others try to get her to talk with them. But here, she was talking about her 'that uncle' since her first day of joining the school.

Probably Mallika should be happy or scared to see her daughter getting close to someone else other than her. But here she was feeling jealous, why she didn't know.

"Yeah, fine, Mummy. But can you come late tomorrow, so that I can have my chai with uncle?" Mallika nodded her head, smiling at her.

"Now here, have your chai and then sprouts." Even before Mallika could take sprouts in the spoon, Madhi's nose wiggled.

"I don't want sprouts at least today, Mumma." She said making faces.

"Then give up the chai at least for today," Mallika smirked at her, as she knew that Madhi could never be without her chai.

"Huh! Fine, I am defeated." Mallika laughed at her munchkin's antics and gave her teacup and started feeding her the sprouts in between her sips from the teacup.

~~~

Sumedh drove towards his mansion straight from the school. He got a call from his wife, who had informed him that his mom, dad, dadi and her mother had come to their house.

As much as Sumedh didn't wish to show up at his house, he wished to see his mother. It had been so long since they had met. His family was at Jaipur, as it was their tradition to live in their palace, being the royal family of Jaipur.

Whereas Sumedh broke away from that tradition and live far away from his home town for some reason. Throughout the drive, he just kept thinking about his time with Madhi and he didn't realise how and when he had reached his house.

~~~

So guys, what was the thing in this trio ~ Sumedh, Madhi and Mallika's life?