55 ~ I Am Lucky

Mallika spent quality time with her mother. Though she felt hurt to see her father dumb, she couldn't go and talk with him like before.

Another side, she ignored Sumedh, which hurt him. He felt guilt for making Mallika hurt by giving her father cruel punishment.

Neither his parents nor dadi talked in his favour to Mallika and asked her to forgive. They didn't wish to force Mallika, as to see her father in such a state due to her love wasn't easy.

She smilingly accepted the citizens gifts, which gave them happiness. Her mother in law had gifted her a few jewellery and dresses, as a part of the tradition.

Besides, the part of the palace was turned into a boutique and jewellery shop for the wedding, where Mallika could select clothes for her events.

These were all new to Mallika. She wasn't a royal person and she neither wished to be. She loved the simplicity. But she didn't wish to hurt her in-laws with her attitude. So, she accepted everything.

Right now, her mother was getting her ready in the room, whereas Sumedh was with Madhi, as he didn't wish to leave her to anyone around there except to his family members, which just had his parents and dadi.

"He is a good choice. You could have approached his parents then only. Now all these commotions wouldn't have happened." Mallika's mother told, pinning her lehanga to the blouse.

"Then I didn't know that he is my baby's father, Mumma. I didn't wish to ruin his life along with mine." Mallika smiled, as she continued, "But everything happens for reason. Anyways, I am lucky to have him. He is a gem, Mom. Also, great father."

Mallika's mother smiled weakly, as she could feel her daughter's inner turmoil about her father. He didn't deserve this angel, who had given her daughter unconditional love when she didn't even know who was her father. But even when he knew that she was his daughter, he was cruel to her after knowing her pregnancy.

"I am sorry for what had happened to your husband. Though I could never forgive him for what he did to me and you, I never wished him to be punished like this. Above all, he is my dad without him I couldn't be here. Yet I will say, if anything happened to my love, I would have done the same. So, I can't blame my husband too. I don't want you to forgive him, but please bless us. I don't have anyone except you from my side."  She joined her hands and pleaded with her mother with tears.

Her mother got tears as well. She pulled Mallika into a hug and rubbed her back, "Mallika, you don't need to be sorry. Though I never wished him to be punished like this for whatever he did, he deserved it. I am so happy that finally my daughter got her love and I am leaving her in safe hands. My blessings will be always with you. Above all, Your Krishna Ji is with you, that's why you got him as your soulmate."

She kissed her forehead and wiped her tears, "Now come let's go."

She took her down to the royal garden, where the Mehendi ceremony was arranged. Sumedh was there in the middle of everyone in his red colour kurta with matching golden colour pants.

He was applying Mehendi to Madhi's palm, though others said that bride should be applied at first. Mallika smiled, seeing his love towards their daughter.

"He is such a spoiling dad," Shreya complained, taking Mallika's side.

Mallika chuckled, as both the mothers made her sit in her place beside Sumedh. Hearing her voice, Sumedh immediately looked at her and his mouth slightly opened due to her mesmerizing gorgeousness.

In the red lehanga with golden patchwork, she looked like a girl, just made to be a queen. Her little, yet rich make-up, kindled his heart with desire.

Dadi observed Mallika and found that she was wearing the dress gifted by Shreya and jewels gifted by her mother, then a few small pieces gifted by citizens.

She indeed felt proud, seeing the way she satisfied everyone. The best quality to be a queen resides in her nature.

"Bhai!" One of Sumedh's cousins, clapped her hand in front of him, diverting his attention to her.

Mallika looked at her as well, when Sumedh asked, "What had happened? Why were you shouting?"

"If I haven't shouted, then this mosquito would have been entered your mouth and laid eggs and hatch them inside your tummy." Others burst into a laugh, hearing her teasing.

He scratched the back of his neck in embarrassment, looking at Mallika, who was also giggling.

Sumedh's mother applied a little bit of henna on his palm before giving it to the mehendi artist to design Mallika's hand with that.

"Mumma, see here. How beautifully, dad had designed it." Madhi showed her palms to Mallika and smiled widely.

"How many talents, your dad has in hidden, Madhi baby?" Mallika asked, yet didn't talk to him directly, which hurt him.

"He is a superman, Mumma. He has a lot of talents in hidden." Madhi widened her hands, showing that Sumedh has a lot of talents.

Sumedh smiled and kissed her cheeks. He gestured for dadi to take Madhi with her and moved close to Mallika, as he watched her palms.

"I am sorry, Mallika." He whispered, finally getting the courage to face her, "I know you are hurt. I will accept whatever punishment you give to me. But I will never say that I did a mistake or I shouldn't have done that."

"And who asked you to say that?" Mallika smiled at him lightly, as she continued, "I love you, Sumi. I know that you had done that out of love and I know you would have done the same to anyone, even if the affected person wasn't me. But I don't want my love to become beast-like others."

Her words choked, as she controlled her tears. He immediately said to make her smile, "I didn't do it, Jaan, it was doctor, who did surgery to remove his tongue."

Mallika chuckled lightly, though it hurt her and she said, "Yet crime is yours, Jaan. I don't want you to be like that. God will punish them. Please, don't do this ever. Always try to be truthful to your conscience."

"If it so, then my conscience told me to do something else. Now leave that." He kissed her temple, ignoring her father's gaze on them both.

"By the way, thanks. Thanks for bringing my Mom to our wedding. I missed her a lot." Sumedh smiled at her and said, "Anything for my angel."

Her father, who had heard their conversation, silently left from there. It hurt him to see his daughter prioritise her mother and husband above him and there he realised, he didn't deserve this angel.

~~~

Only four more chapters left!