43 ~ Winner of Dance Competition

"And the winner of the dance competition is..." The host looked at the crowd of the audience with a questioning smile on his face.

Sumedh was excitedly waiting for the result and he was somewhere sure that he would win it for his breathtaking performance. Whereas Mallika was just looking at Sumedh from far away and whispered, "He should be the winner."

"...Sumedh Raichand from XYZ college..." The host shouted, making Sumedh jump with a victorious smile from his place. Mallika smiled, seeing his happiness.

Sumedh's friends and his back dancers congratulated him, while the host continued, "... and Mallika Mishra from ABC college. They both are going to share the first place in the dance competition."

It was unexpected!

Mallika gasped with her mouth hung open. Her friends crushed her in their embrace, congratulating her. The whole hall erupted into loud applause. Sumedh looked at the part of the hall, where Mallika was being hugged by her friends and collegemates.

The smile on her face crushed his emotions. It was so pure and innocent. She was jumping and thanking everyone congratulating her.

"We request Both the winning teams to come on the stage." The host announced, gaining Sumedh and Mallika's attention.

They both made their way towards the stage along with their group dancers. They both shared an eye lock for a second with a formal smile before facing the audience.

Chief guests gave them both the trophy, which they both received together with nervous smiles on each other faces.

"My crazy mind is imagining that this is the sign from my Krishna that we both are meant to share our lives. But I know that my creative brain and adolescent age never stop me from having a crush on you." Mallika mentally chuckled at her thought and looked at Sumedh, who was looking at the crowd with a proud grin on his face.

"C...Congratulation." Mallika stuttered, feeling highly nervous to talk to him.

Time stopped for him for a second. He didn't expect this. He didn't think that she would talk to him.

Before he could look at her and reply, they were called down by the committee people. Mallika felt bad and embarrassed that he didn't even acknowledge her wish.

"Maybe I shouldn't have taken advantage." She thought to herself and kept her face neutral.

They both were given separate trophies so that they could take to their colleges and asked to go and join their collegemates.

Mallika thanked them and left from there. Sumedh tried to call her but hesitation killed him. He had never been behind any girls. It was almost the end of his college life. One more semester to wind up.

He had never seen any girl in such a way and no one had affected him like that. He ruffled his hair being frustrated at the thought though Mallika had given him a chance to talk to her, he had ruined it.

Seeing her going away from him as if forced by an unknown power, he shouted, "THANK YOU AND SAME TO YOU!"

Though he shouted, his voice was muffled in the huge crowds voice. But she had heard him. He closed his fist tight and it started sweating due to his hastiness.

She turned and looked at him with a smile. She walked backwards, saying, "Thank you. But you deserved it more than me."

She turned back and walked away without waiting for his reply, as her heartbeats speed was at peak and she couldn't see his hazel orbs anymore without being fallen into them.

He smiled like a mad and walked to his friends, handing over the trophy to his representative professor.

His friends didn't notice his constant dreamy smile throughout the event, as they were drowned so much into enjoying by teasing and making fun of everyone around there.

~~~

Mallika laid down on the bed on her stomach with the support of her elbows. She couldn't take out, Sumedh's gaze on her when she was dancing, of her mind. She blushed remembering his dreamy gaze on her.

"I don't know will I see you in my life again or not. I don't know why I am feeling shy, remembering your gaze on me. I just love this feeling." She said and took her tab.

Her hands automatically turned on Sumedh's dancing video, which she had recorded today and watched again and again.

In these all, she didn't realise that her father was looking at her with unpredictable emotions on his face.

~~~

A week passed after the intercollege meet. Sumedh and his friends were in their college at their usual hangout place.

Sumedh was playing with his note, by turning it into a spinner. Mahathi was taking down notes from the library copy sincerely, as her friends would beg her last day before the exams for the notes.

Meanwhile, Anirudh was standing, facing the garden, showing his back to others. Hameer was carefully watching a group of girls passing them.

"Anirudh!" He shouted purposely to gain the attention of a particular girl from the gang, who was Anirudh's love interest.

"Did she see me?" Anirudh hissed to which Hameer shook his head negatively, "No... but that girl..."

Hameer stood there shocked and failed to respond to Anirudh, who asked, "but what?"

Upon receiving no response from his friend, Anirudh turned to him and looked at the place where his gaze was fixed. He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion and looked at Sumedh, who was yet playing.

"What did happen? Whether Bondita blessed you by looking at you finally?" Sumedh teased Anirudh to which Anirudh made a face.

"No, but..." He held Sumedh's chin and made him look at the person, who was walking in front of him.

"But what, yar?" Sumedh asked irritatingly but his eyes popped out of his sockets when he witnessed the sight in front of him.

"I guess, you were only blessed with someone's presence today." Anirudh teased, which made Mahathi look up from her notes and look at the person, whom her friends were pointing at.

"OMG!" She kept one hand on Sumedh's shoulder, "Your angel, Sumi!"

Sumedh blushed and muttered, "Miku."

~~~

Hey guys, do you feel like I am rushing up this past. It's just that I don't wish to drag the book.

Book will come to end soon but with little twists. Maybe 20 more chapters or 25.

Hope I didn't leave any loopholes in this book for now.