46 ~ You Are A Little Nerd

"Here I am done with this essay. Now, let's have something, I am starving." Shivani said, as her stomach let out a growl, embarrassing her.

Mallika chuckled, "Just eat before someone thinks that rats are living inside your tummy. Also, get me a veg roll and orange juice."

"Haha! Very funny!!" Shivani rolled her eyes and went to the counter, whereas Mallika continued writing her essay.

Sumedh, who was watching Mallika till now by sitting with his friends at another table, got to his feet and went to her as soon as Shivani went from there.

Anirudh and Hameer, who understood those unsaid words by Sumedh, went straight inside the canteen kitchen and asked the worker there to delay in providing the menu by Shivani.

Sumedh sat opposite Mallika and cleared his throat, "Hey, hi!"

Mallika looked up from her notes and smiled, seeing Sumedh, "Hi!"

"It seems like you are busy." Sumedh gestured the books spread on the table and winked at her.

She nodded her head with a smile and replied, "Yes, just writing the essay for the project. In the evening I have dance class, so can't do projects at home."

"Seems like you are a little nerd." Sumedh made a face that made her chuckle at his antics.

"Cool nerd! Because I know my way to have fun too." Mallika said, pulling her imaginary collars and laughing along with him.

"But I am super cool, you know," Sumedh said, to which Mallika laughed out aloud, making him confused.

"What?"

"Never say that you are cool. Because remember, that day you were angry with me when I was drenched in the rain. Cools will enjoy it, won't get angry." She grinned at him.

Sumedh felt tongue-tied, as he didn't know what he should reply to. He had an urge to say that if it was anyone else, he wouldn't mind at all. But when it came to her, he cared about everything related to her wellness.

He could sense her sadness at that moment, that's why he got angry when she did stupidity be drenching in the heavy downpour.

Mallika snapped her fingers in front of him, bringing him back to his sense.

"Well... I am here to give your and your friend's library card." He passed the cards to her and saw the unlimited joy in her face.

"Wow, now I can take as many books as I want!" She exclaimed in happiness.

He adored her smiling face and asked, "Seems like you are a bookworm."

"Small correction, I am a book lover." Mallika pressed her lips together and shrugged her shoulder, "Anyways, do you wanna have anything. Shivu had gone to get us food. You also join us today."

"Fine, ask her to get me a cup of chai." He slumped his back into the chair and hummed a song under his breath.

"Chai?"

"Yes, Chai!"

"Enough?"

"Enough!"

"It's lunchtime!"

"Yes, it is lunchtime."

"Stop repeating me."

"Yes, stop repeating me."

Mallika puffed her cheeks with childish anger. Sumedh chuckled at her and pulled her cheeks, "I just love chai all the time. Also, I will join for lunch with my friends. Else, they will tease a hell out of me that I had forgotten them after meeting you."

Sumedh blushed for no reason. But Mallika didn't realise at all. She was dumbstruck since he pulled her cheeks with his hands. He had barely touched her soft skin, but that was enough to spend sparks in her body. She was petrified and a shiver ran down her spine.

Now it was Sumedh's turn to snap his fingers in front of her face. She jerked as if coming back from dreamland and smiled sheepishly turning to another side.

"I will ask her to get tea." She mumbled before he could ask her anything and took her mobile to call Shivani.

Sumedh, who understood her state by her rosy cheeks, adored his effect on her by keeping his face on his palm with the support of his elbow on the table.

Mahathi was covering the whole scenario in her mobile, despite Hameer's warning that Sumedh would break her mobile one day for her habit of covering videos and teasing others.

~~~

Days passed like clear water with Sumedh and Mallika's friendship growing little by little. But they weren't like best friends, since Mallika never shared her personal and close relationship with him.

Same goes to Sumedh, he had never shared his real identity with her, as he believed that she should love him but not his identity.

First, she didn't wish to upset her father by developing feelings for him. Second, she never got the courage to ask Sumedh, that whether he was in love with Mahathi.

She was scared to hear the word, 'yes' from his mouth. It would break her into million pieces. She silently wished for his happiness and prayed that a few more months of their college should end soon.

She immersed herself in her studies more than anything. Meanwhile, there came an announcement of a farewell party for the final year students.

It would be conducted before their final semester exams. There were a lot of programs in which students could participate.

One such day when Mallika came out of the library with handfuls of books, Sumedh came to her running from nowhere, "Mallika."

Mallika turned to him and saw him panting heavily. She rubbed his back and forwarded her water bottle.

"What happened? Why are you running like this?" She resumed her walking along with him.

"Did you see the notice board? Farewell is coming." They both were nervous, hearing that word. But shrugged it off.

"So?" Mallika's voice was neutral. She had learned to facade her emotions well in these few months.

Sumedh was taken back at her reaction. He thought that she would be upset just like him. Though Mallika had never told him that she had feelings for him, he could see the love for him in her every behaviour.

The way, she scolded him when he injured himself during his football tournaments. Way, she encouraged him to do what he wish after their studies were over instead of doing his father's business. The way, she felt overwhelmed at his success.

Everything told him that she loved all the cells and single soul in his body. But what was the problem in showing it out?

He quickly answered for some reply to facade his emotions as well and said, "Shall we dance together on farewell?"

~~~

I have to rush this past, dearies so that I don't need to drag the story.

Sorry, if anyone couldn't feel the fulfillness in it.