35 ~ Madhika Raichand's Father

Mallika felt exhausted and felt pain in her wrists, as she tried to get out of those lady demons when she tried to get out of their hold, as they didn't answer any of her questions.

"Why are you dragging me? What is the issue?!" Mallika shouted and hissed in pain.

"SHUT UP YOU BITCH!" One of them shouted, making her shiver. Their appearance and behaviour scared her.

When she felt like blinded and left in the forest, they reached the court. Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. In no time, she was taken into court and came face to face with the girl in her mid-twenties.

"Is she Mallika?" The old man along with her asked in a cold voice.

She shook her head negatively and replied, "I don't know. I haven't seen her."

Mallika looked between them confusedly and asked in a mere whisper, "You are Shakshi, right?"

She nodded her head and her eyes were bloodshot red. Before she could interrogate anything else with her, Mallika's name was echoed in the courtroom thrice and she was thrown into the dock to her shock.

"What are you doing? What is happening here?!" She shouted and looked around everyone.

"SILENCE!" Judge silenced her and asked her calmly, "Are you, Mallika Mishra?"

Mallika nodded her head nervously and he continued, "Weren't you informed why are you here now?"

She shook her head negatively, making the judge look at the police with raised eyebrows.

"We didn't want her to escape from our hands by taking time to explain to her about the summon, Your Honour." One of the fat and dark lady said in her rough voice.

"I didn't tell you to arrest or treat Miss Mishra as a criminal, Mrs Varma. I just ordered you to inform her about the complaint made by Mrs Raichand against her and ask her to be in court within an hour." The judge said in a clear and confident voice, which made Mrs Varma drop her head down, muttering a sorry.

Mallika shifted her head to Shakshi, who turned her face to another side, avoiding Mallika. The judge looked at Mallika and said, "Miss Mishra, Mrs Raichand had complained to you that you had seduced Mr Raichand and looted his money. I would like to hear your perspective."

Mallika felt her feet were rooted to the ground and shot her head in the direction of Shakshi, but she had a neutral expression on her face.

"That was right, your honour. Because we found in her Raichand Mansion. So, we don't need any other proof." Another lady police said instead of Mallika when she felt like being in a maze and struggling for words to explain anything due to sudden shock.

"Interfering the judge between the interrogation isn't manner. I guess you aren't Mallika Mishra." Mallika felt thankful to the judge for giving her a chance to explain.

She understood that only she could stand for herself right now. But She was confused on why Shakshi had made a complaint against her when she was ready to divorce Sumedh in a matter of days.

That thought gave her fear, what if that anonymous caller's words were true.

Was Sumedh cheating on her and his wife?

Whatever she had to speak up now to get herself out of the bad circumstances. She wiped away her fallen tears and looked at the judge, "It wasn't true, your honour. I never tried to seduce Mr Raichand. I love him and he loves me. He and his wife are going to divorce. That's why I am living under his roof. If he were in a good relationship with his wife, I swear, I wouldn't have been stepped into his life."

The judge listened to her carefully. Advocate of opposite party smirked at Mallika and got to his feet.

"So you are agreeing that you had seduced Mr Raichand for money and separated him from his wife?" Words of the Advocate pierced her already fragile heart.

She didn't expect this. She didn't know how to react or what to say. Her mind was blocked. She wished Sumedh to be there but next second cursed her heart for that wish.

He had cheated her. That thought made her vulnerable, though she couldn't believe that. Yet, the question, why Shakshi could make a complaint against her when she was going to leave with her lover.

Those thoughts ached her brain and struggled her to answer back, which just become plus point to the lawyer.

Standing inside the dock for the accusation of an extramarital affair, Mallika was dying each passing second.

All she could do was shook her head as no. But it wasn't a justified explanation according to the so-called law of justice.

"Since she doesn't have an answer for any of the accusations, Mrs Raichand, raised on her, it is proven that she is a gold digger by selling her body. It is proven that she had used her illegitimate daughter, Madhi Mishra, in pursuing her goal by letting that small girl gel up with Mr Raichand." Those words killed the last piece of Mallika's soul alive.

That was the last word she would hear about her daughter. Illegitimate!

Was she?

"SHUT YOUR BLOODY MOUTH! MADHI ISN'T ILLEGITIMATE!" Everyone's eyes turned to Sumedh, who was standing there with eyes full of rage.

Mallika felt a rush of happiness when she thought that finally, someone gonna support her. But when she looked at him, her ray of hope vanished.

She wasn't ready to trust him. She felt enough of trusting him.

Shakshi, who turned to Sumedh, hearing him, smiled widely, seeing the small bundle in his arms. She ran to him without minding anyone and took the baby from his hand and kissed it with tears brimming in her eyes.

"Really?" Advocate's voice carried sarcasm and he continued, "Who is that little gold digger's father?"

This was enough to push the anger limit of Sumedh when Mallika laughed sarcastically, looking at Sumedh which eventually pierced Sumedh's heart and confused the people presented there.

He relaxed his tightly closed fist and moved towards Mallika, but her one glare made him stop in his track.

"My husband is Madhika Raichand's father!"

~~~

Opinion on today's chapter...