08 ~ I am your Dad

"So, you and Shakshi were forced into this wedding due to your both grandparents," Mallika said, as she fed the last morsel of aloo puri with kheer to Sumedh.

He nodded his head and held her wrist and sucked her fingers one by one slowly, enjoying the taste left behind in her fingers. She closed her eyes, feeling shy and blushed hardly.

"These are all new to me, Miku. Except for my Aai and Dadi, I am having food from your hands. I can't even explain how I am feeling now. I feel so lucky!" He exclaimed and leaned forward, picking her up in his arms and twirled her around.

She smiled at him, who was behaving like a kid. She was feeling new too. The chapter, which she thought, had closed long ago in her life, was opened once again. She felt blessed to get him.

He slowly dropped her down and got hold of her waist. She encircled her arms around his neck and looked at him. He smiled softly, looking into her eyes. His image reflected in her eyes, made him feel surreal.

Wasn't he think that he would never get a chance to live his life with the girl in front of him just like any other human being?

But this day, made him understood that good things take time. Destiny might make one separate but cupid would unite them finally.

Here they were united after the crucial play of destiny.

He didn't care whatever struggle he needs to face to entangle his fingers with hers forever. He was ready to face them. But all he wished was his love and daughter's safety. He would make sure about it.

Mallika bit his cheek and ran away from there giggling, which made him come back to his sense.

He rubbed his cheeks, smiling at her retreating figure, "Jaan, come soon. We have to go to school to get Madhi. I had promised her for ice cream and chai today."

"5 minutes." She replied while washing her hands and plates.

That's when something hit her brain. Sumedh was also a chai lover just like her daughter. Her greyish eyes were just his replica. Not to mention her maggie curls. Both of their attitudes match perfectly. Above all, Sumedh mentioned that her baby picture was just his xerox.

What did all this mean?

"Miku, what are you doing yet?" Sumedh's words brought her back to the world.

"It must be just coincidence." She convinced her heart and rushed out of the kitchen, "Let's go."

Once making sure, she was presentable, they both left her house in Sumedh's car.

"Are you sure, Sumi? Should we lie?" Mallika asked him nervously, as they neared Madhi's school.

"I wish to be her dad, Miku. I don't want to be a stepdad. Chill, Just one lie. I will explain her the truth when she grows up." Sumedh assured her.

"Won't she get hurt, if she knows that you are her stepdad when she grows up?" Mallika asked worriedly.

"She won't." He replied curtly and ended their discussion, as it wasn't the right time to carry that conversation, which may take the wrong route in their life.

Mallika bit her nails nervously, looking out through the window. She knew that she wished to share her life with Sumedh but would it be fine with Madhi?

"Baby, relax! I will make everything fine. Our life will be beautiful. I know we have to hide our relationship for few days until I get a divorce from Shakshi. But it won't take so much time. Everything will over in just a few days. Maybe two to three weeks. After that, I will take you and Madhi to Jaipur. I will reveal the truth. You will be the queen of Jaipur and Madhi will be the princess of Jaipur. Also, of my heart." He winked at her, which made Mallika smile lightly.

"But will your family accept us?" She was scared to lose him once again.

"They will." He smiled at her.

He parked the car at the parking lot once they reached Jasmine School of Talent and Talent Only.

"Let's go," Sumedh said, getting out of the car.

"Sumi, Parents aren't allowed inside. You can go and bring her, as you are a teacher here." Mallika remembered him of the rules of the school.

"But the owner of the school can go inside." He winked at her before continuing, "So, come."

He went to her side and opened the door for her. She got down while looking at him confused, "What do you mean by that?"

"It's our school. So, you have the right to come inside." He took hold of her hand and started walking.

"It means, is it your school? It must be! Why will a billionaire work in another school as a teacher? My stupid brain!" Sumedh chuckled at her.

That's when something hard struck Mallika's brain. She stopped in her track, looking at Sumedh.

"What happened, Jaan?" He looked at her terrified face.

"Sumi, I think we don't need to lie to Madhi." Sumedh moved close to her and held her shoulders, "Why?"

"Because we can't be together. You are a billionaire. I am nothing except my pen and diary. I can never be equal to your status. Also, I am the mother of five years old girl. People will hurt my Madhi that I used her to get close to you and I am a gold digger and all. I am already hurt. My life is just hurt. I can't take up anymore. Just leave my hand." She looked away to hide her tears.

Sumedh left her hand as she asked. She turned back and started leaving without expecting anything from him. The life, she imagined with him, collapsed this soon.

"I am your dad, Madhi. I am not your uncle." His words reached Mallika's ears, which made her turn back.

Sumedh picked up confused Madhi in his arms and started walking towards the canteen ignoring Mallika. Her words had hurt him a lot. How could she think that he would leave her hand when he holds it to intertwine throughout their life.

"Mumma!" Madhi called Mallika, who was standing like a statue.

She was happy that Sumedh would never leave her and her daughter. But what about this wicked society?

~~~

So, guys, our society has a lot of bad qualities to be called a society. One of those is status. Can Mallika overcome her inferiority complex and insecurity?