51 ~ My Blessing

At Present

Sumedh couldn't continue further. His eyes were shut, as teardrops slid down in his eyes, reaching his cheeks.

Mallika was numb after hearing him. She was scared what if anyone had seen their intimacy. They both were lying on the terrace with their fingers intertwined with each other, gazing at the moon behind the clouds.

"Do you see that video?" She breathed out. He nodded his head, feeling worried about her reaction.

"But I deleted it. No one else had seen it, Jaan." Sumedh turned to her and cupped her cheeks in his palms, whispering, "I am sorry, baby, I never had such intention. I didn't know..."

Mallika kept her index finger on his lips, "You weren't at fault. I had initiated that. So..."

"You weren't at fault too! We love each other." He cut her off and kissed her forehead.

Mallika curled up, snuggling into his bare chest, "Then why didn't you come to me? Do you know what happened when my dad came to know about my pregnancy?"

She paused, feeling the huge lump formed in her throat, "He called me a slut! He threw me out of my... sorry, his house!! I was all alone. There was no one for me. I stood in the street. Slept at the park. Starve for food. In those all, I let our baby starve too."

Mallika cried, remembering all those dark days of her life. Sumedh felt immeasurable pain in his heart, just by imagining her state. He hugged her more tightly and kissed her hair continuously.

Seven Years Back

It was raining mildly. Mallika was sitting on a park bench. She was drenched in the rain, which reminded her of her college days. At that time Sumedh dried her hairs off caringly, but today who would?

She kept her palm on her tummy, as she cried in pain, "I am sorry, I let you starve for two days. I don't know who's sin you are, but my blessing. I will love you with my whole heart. Just wait until morning, Mumma will do something for you."

She closed her eyes being exhausted. But Sumedh's face flashed in front of her face, making her sigh.

"Just forget about him, Miku. You are a sinner. Impure like you shouldn't think of angel-like him." She cried and got up to leave that place.

She didn't have anything in her hand. She thought of approaching Shivani. But unfortunately, she had left Mumbai two days before Mallika came to know about her pregnancy.

She was scared to go to her parents. So, skip that idea. Her mind was just around Sumedh, how much ever she tried to avoid.

She was confused as well, as she didn't know how she had gotten pregnant when she didn't have any relationship with anyone.

Above all, she was broken. Her pampering dad had broken her soul into million pieces. He wasn't ready to support her. He thought of her as a shame and disgust, which killed her.

She choked as her tears slipped into her nose along with raindrops. Being hungry for two days, made her dizzy along with pregnancy hormones.

Her leg slipped from the ground. Meanwhile, there was a car from the opposite side, which she wasn't aware of.

~~~

Sumedh came back from Jaipur after a huge argument with his dad. Riyan and his dadi had forced him to marry their family friend's daughter, Shakshi, as per his dadu's promise to their family.

He tried to make them understand that he was in love with another girl but all went in vain. He left his house after they didn't give him chance except for his mother, Shreya.

He straightaway went to Mallika's house to get her to marry, as he had already warned Mahathi, Anirudh and Hameer that Mallika shouldn't know about their intimacy and it should be only he, who should reveal that to her.

So, he didn't wish to keep her blind anymore. He was ready to accept his mistake and marry her before anyone could point their finger at her.

He stepped into her house desperately, as the anger surging inside him due to his family made him wild. His eyes searched for Mallika when he bumped into her mother, who was looking pale and weak.

"Who are you? What do you want?" She asked him in a soft voice, which indicated that she had been crying.

"Aunty, are you okay? You seem weak." He held her shoulder and made her sit on the couch.

She was touched by this young man's care. She smiled at him and was about to ask him, who was he before that her husband came.

"Who is he?" His voice was harsh, which made her stand immediately.

Sumedh looked at her and turned to him, as he continued, "Like your daughter, you are also behind a guy for pleasure!"

She closed her eyes shut, hearing his meaningless accusation. He had turned psycho since he came to know about Mallika's pregnancy. After throwing her out, he abused his wife physically and mentally accusing her of such things.

As a mother, she worried for her child. But this psycho didn't let her even out of her house. Sumedh punched his nose without thinking of anything, as he dared to badmouth Mallika.

"Shut the fuck up! Don't you dare to say any word about her!! If you say so, there will be no tongue in your mouth to say anything about anyone." Mallika's mother helped him to wipe the blood off his nose, but he pushed her away and took his mobile to call the police.

But Sumedh didn't fear, as that fool didn't know that he was from the royal family.

"Where is Mallika? I want her right now!!" He shouted, flinching them both.

"She must be begging somewhere." He hissed, making Sumedh angrier.

Before he could hit her husband, Mallika's mother pulled him out and told him about what happened to Mallika.

"You seem to like her friend and good guy. Please bring me back my daughter. No! Please take care of her, don't bring her here to this hell." She pleaded with joint hands.

But Sumedh was too numb to react to anything. His heart beat frantically upon hearing Mallika's pregnancy. He was going to be a father.

Now he should find her no matter what! He determined!!

~~~

Now you all might have known what had happened to Mallika's father after Mallika's novel launch.

You might wonder, why I made Mallika pregnant once again. Because I wish to see him dad again and again. Also, children are god's blessing. Above all it's just a fiction, so let them have as much as children they want.