37 ~ Godfather and Godmother

Madhi hissed, as the needle trespassed her skin and sucked out the blood. Sumedh closed his eyes, being not able to see his daughter getting hurt and held her firmly in his grip.

"I am fine, daddy." Madhi smiled assuringly at her father and snuggled her face against his tummy.

Meanwhile, Mallika was holding Shakshi's baby in her arms, as the same process went through. Shakshi caressed the baby's little hairs, as it let out a wild cry unable to bear the pain.

Mallika cuddled the baby and calm her down, "That's it. My brave little girl."

She placed a warm kiss on the baby's forehead and kept on cuddling her. She looked at Shakshi's face, which was lifeless. She could understand the pain of being betrayed by her father and left out in this big world with a baby.

Moreover, the pain of being used by the love of life would kill each passing second. She neither cried nor talked anything.

"You should feed the baby now. She needs you since the blood was taken, she will feel dizzy." Mallika gave the baby in Shakshi's hands, remembering her that all her lost happiness would be returned to her.

Shakshi hummed in response, taking the baby in her hands and moving towards her car. She could hear her fathers shout against her. He was arrested by the police for being an underground mafia.

Shakshi didn't look up to meet her father. He was her superhero once. She didn't wish to get melted even by chance, though he was cursing her.

"I will become a witness to all your crimes, dad. I won't be afraid of you hereafter. I will show you hell for touching my daughter." She thought, as she shut the windows of her car and kept the baby in her lap.

Mallika went to Madhi and kissed her forehead, "Is it paining, baby."

"Nope, Mumma. But what place it is? Why do they take my blood?" Sumedh and Mallika looked at each other at Madhi's question.

As usual, Sumedh took a charge to handle her and picked her up in his arms, "First you should have an energy drink, then dad will answer you."

Though she pouted, she agreed. Sumedh held Mallika's hands and took them both to his car. The three sat in the back seat and Sumedh gave a bottle of drink to Madhi.

She took that from him and started drinking it. Mallika touched Sumedh's cheeks, who was adoring his little princess, antics for drinking that energy drink.

He turned to Mallika feeling her soft fingers. She smiled seeing him with tears.

"I am very proud of you. I love you so much." Sumedh took her palm near his lips and kissed it.

"I am sorry for not informing you before I leave. I didn't know what to do when Shakshi called me early morning and said that she was cheated and blackmailed by her father that she should file a case against you or he would kill her baby. I didn't know what to do. Because her baby is also like our Madhi to me. Also, she is not even a week old girl. Do you know I couldn't even drive properly, thinking about the possibilities of any harm to the little soul?" Mallika sensed, he was getting hyper and shivering.

She hugged him and rubbed his back, "Jaan, relax. She is safe and sound. You saved her."

"D...do y...you..." Sumedh's face started sweating, as he shut his eyes tight. Also, he closed his fist tight, as anger raised inside him.

"Sumedh, relax. Just forget all these for a while. Madhi is also getting afraid, seeing you. We will talk about this later." Sumedh realised that Madhi was also there and looked at her.

She was standing there, looking at Sumedh's bad condition. Sumedh was glad that he had dressed up his wounds before his bodyguards brought Madhi to the court. He strictly avoided bandages and applied concealer instead, so that Madhi wouldn't get scared.

Because he knew that Madhi would be in confusion already on why she was taken to court. Then she would be wondering, why the blood was taken. He didn't wish to make her worry by being injured in front of her.

He took Madhi in his lap and kissed her cheeks, "So, daddy has a big surprise for you in the evening, as a birthday gift, Princess."

Being a child, she got influenced by her father's sweet words. She exclaimed in joy and started anticipating various surprises from her father.

"Are we going out for dinner, daddy?" She was longing to go out with Sumedh, which wasn't technically happening due to Sumedh's precautions of not revealing about Mallika and Madhi in his life.

"I told it as a surprise, right? Then..." Before he could complete it, his bodyguard knocked on the window.

"Sir, you and mam are called for hearing." Sumedh nodded his head and turned to Madhi, "Princess, you should stay here until Mumma and papa come. Then I will take you to the surprise."

Ordering his bodyguard to take care of Madhi, he went inside with Mallika. Shakshi also came along with her baby.

After the court assembled, Judge took out the paper from the envelope and started reading it out loud, "It is crystal clear in the conducted DNA test that Miss Madhika Raichand is Sumedh Raichand's daughter. Since Mrs Shakshi Raichand is ready to divorce Mr Raichand, the court announce that Sumedh Raichand is free to do his will and wish. As it is a sensitive issue about two illegitimate babies, we can't force Sumedh Raichand to accept Shakshi and her baby, when he has his baby with another woman. Yet, as per Shakshi Raichand's request for alimony from Sumedh Raichand, he and his to be wife, Miss Mallika Mishra should be Godfather and godmother of Shakshi Raichand's baby." The judge announced the judgement clearly and looked at Sumedh and Mallika.

"Do you guys accept the requested alimony by Shakshi?" Sumedh looked at Mallika.

She blinked her eyes, smiling at him and forwarded her hand towards Shakshi, asking for her baby. She smiled and gave her baby to them, muttering, "I just trust you both after me towards my baby."

~~~

So, guys, how many of you want me to show their past in this book itself?

Or should I make a prequel to it?

Did I say that there is a sequel to this book, which is technically Harry Potter cum Sumellika fanfiction?