47 ~ I Love You, Miku

Sumedh and Mallika were sitting under the same tree near the pond, where Mallika was drenched in the rain that day.

They were tired after their long session of dance practice. Chilling out after their practices became part of their routine.

Mallika threw stones in the pond, whereas Sumedh enjoyed the silence of being with his love. But suddenly something struck his mind, "Mallika, you are also coming to Anirudh's marriage, right?"

Sumedh looked at her with hope. Anirudh had approached Bondita's parents instead of proposing to her. Her parents liked him instantly and they talked with his parents.

Due to Bondita's parent's request, they arranged their wedding soon after their exams were over. Anirudh and Bondita had invited their class students to their wedding, which was going to be held in Goa.

Sumedh wished that Mallika could join them so that he could spend some quality time with her. Eventually, he had a plan to propose to her at Goa.

"Yes, But my dad just allowed me to come there before the day of the wedding and I should return as soon as their wedding is over the next day." Mallika threw another stone into the pond, which created waves in round form.

"But why can't you come earlier? All of our friends are coming. It will be fun." Sumedh pleaded with her within his heart to agree but she shook her head as no, "Nope, Sumedh. My father is kind of orthodox. He won't let me. You guys enjoy it. However I will come there before the wedding day, so we can enjoy ourselves at that time."

Sumedh sighed in disappointment. Meanwhile, he thought about her father. He was a little nervous, thinking how could he approach his father to hold Mallika's hand in marriage.

"Shall we go and rehearse once? Tomorrow we have to perform in the farewell." Mallika's words disturbed his thoughts.

"Yes, okay!" He got up and held out his hand for Mallika to get up.

She smiled at him and held it back. He pulled her up, she resulted in dodging into his chest due to loss of balance.

Her hands grasped his shoulders automatically, whereas Sumedh held her waist. Mallika's heart beat frantically in her chest, as her cheeks heated up.

He tugged the fallen hair strands behind her ears and kissed her forehead softly. She closed her eyes, feeling his lips. Her breath hitched, as she lost in the moment.

He rubbed her cheeks with his thumb and whispered, "What happened?"

She just hummed, snuggling into his chest, feeling cosy in his embrace. He wrapped his arms around her in a comforting manner. She felt the world's happiness and comforts in his embrace.

Sumedh smiled as he confirmed that she loved him too cent per cent. Now nothing mattered to him nor her father. But he was determined to not hurt Mallika's feelings by any means.

"I lo..." Mallika started subconsciously but stopped abruptly, realising what she was saying.

She pulled back from him and turned her back to him being embarrassed, "Sorry! I didn't mean to do that."

She ran from there before he could say anything. He didn't mind stopping her or forcing her to stay with him. He understood that she wasn't wished to hurt her father's feelings so she hid her feelings from him.

So, he thought of informing his parents first about his love for Mallika and approaching her family. He smiled at her disappearing figure, muttering, "I love you, Miku."

~~~

Adhi adhi raat meri aakh khul jaave
Yaad teri seene vich khich jehi paawe
Das phir meinu hun neend kive aiwen..
Soniye...

Sumedh was lying in the middle of the stage, like a lifeless soul...
Mallika walked gracefully with the never fading smile on her lips, looking at Sumedh...
Once the soft piece of her chunni covered his face, he opened his eyes with longingness in his eyes...

leke tera naam dil arzaa guzaare
Aakhiyan de athru vi sukk gaye ne saare
Teinu bhull jaan wale disde naa chaare..
Soniye..

He jumped to his feet and held her right hand in his before she could go away from him...
With a jerk, she was pulled into his chest and engulfed in his mighty arms...
They both swayed to the tune with his intense gaze on her and her blushy cheeks caressing with his one...

Nee dus ki kasoor metho hoya
Tu aakhiyan toh door mehto hoya
Nee dil majboor kyu hoya
Ik waari dus de zara
Dil waale puch de ne chaa
Ik waari dus de zara
Dil waale puch de ne chaa
Ooo...
Ohh..Ooooo

As he twirled her and looked into her eyes, her hand slipped away from his, leaving her in shock...
His eyes glistened with tears, as she disappeared in the darkness...
He fell on his knees and did painful floor movements...

Tarle kara zidd te aada
Mannda hee nahi dill ki kara
Har waar ae dhadke jado
Lainda rave ikk tera naam
Dil meri mannda hee na
Takkda phire teri raah
Ikk waari dus de zara
Dil waale puch de ne chaa

When he drowned in her painful remembrance, she came back to him and placed a warm kiss on his forehead...
She held his hand and made him stand on his legs...
She danced around him, making him believe that she was around him only...

Nee dus ki kasoor metho hoya
Tu aakhiyan toh door mehto hoya
Nee dil majboor kyu hoya
Ikk waari dus de zaraa
Dil waale puch de ne chaa
Ikk waari dus de zaraa
Dil waale puch de ne chaa

He held her by waist and before she could fade away once again...
She moved close to him and kept her head on his chest...
He wrapped his arms around her, as they moved to the rhythm...
But this time, before she leaves him, he had fallen to his feet, poison bottle slipped out from his pocket...

The curtain closed, indicating that he had died due to his mad love for her to unite with her soul... his soulmate...

The whole auditorium was silent and few had tears in their eyes. When the curtain opened and revealed Sumedh and Mallika, there was a big round of applause for them.

It was just acting for them but for Sumedh and Mallika it was a feeling. They lived it and Mallika was too numb to react when she saw immense love in his eyes for her and performed like a dead.

~~~

I don't know any other way to describe that performance. How was it?

By the way, I have an announcement.

After the 50th chapter, there will be a bonus chapter for the golden jubilee, so here is something for you all.

If you guys write a two-line letter for your favourite character in Beautiful Sin, what will you write?