52 ~ J. K. Publications

"Jaan, relax! Everything will be fine. Within a few minutes, our baby will be in your arms." Sumedh tried to divert Mallika's mind from her labour pain.

They were currently in the labour room. Doctor and nurses were trying their best to make it a normal delivery.

"Push, Mallika! Little harder, the baby will be out." The doctor said, but Mallika felt her energies were withering off.

"And they will give the baby in your arms. She will be soft, delicate and also so small like a doll." Sumedh's words induced desire inside her and diverted her slowly.

Using that opportunity, he kept his hand on her palm and pushed it when she was saying, "But how do you know it as a baby girl? It may be... ahhhhhhh!"

Her scream echoed in the room and was followed by the melodious tune of their baby's cry. Mallika closed her eyes with a sigh and smiled weakly.

Whereas Sumedh peeped his head a little forward and looked at his angel, who was covered with water and little blood.

His eyes filled with tears, as his lips curled into a smile, "My baby."

He extended his arms to take her but fell on the floor. He opened his eyes only to realise that he was dreaming about Mallika's delivery.

He was just inside his room, locked up. It had been nine months since Mallika had gone missing. He had searched her insanely almost all over India. But she was nowhere.

Finally, he gave up his search when his dadi had a severe heart attack and requested him to marry Shakshi for her sake at least.

He agreed to her without any other option, as the doctor said that only he could make her healthy like back. And today it was his wedding day.

He was in guilt. First, he was doing injustice to his love. Second, he was going to ruin another girl's life knowingly. He thought of dying so that he wouldn't bother anyone's life.

But the thought of Mallika struggling alone with their baby stopped him from doing so. He determined to find her any means, even if she had gone to another end of the world.

But he even hoped that "Better she should have aborted the baby. I don't want her to struggle without me."

~~~

"Chris, you had done a lot to me and my unborn baby. I don't know how to thank you. If you hadn't come for my rescue that day night, I would have died at that day only." Mallika became emotional, remembering when she had been alone on the street that day.

Chris, who was a London born Indian, became a friend to this lonely girl and gave her another life.

Currently, they two were at Chris's maternity hospital in London for Mallika's delivery. Since she didn't get over the loneliness of her life, she was weak to survive the normal delivery.

So, his mother suggested surgery. She was admitted to the hospital and Chris was there with her.

"Even I was the one, who was about to dash with you that midnight, Miku." He chuckled at her to lighten her mood. Since it wasn't good to be emotional before surgery, it may raise her blood pressure level.

She chuckled along with him when his mother came and kissed Mallika's forehead. She always had a soft corner for Mallika, as she took her as her daughter.

She had even asked Mallika to marry Chris, but Mallika denied it, as there was no one in her heart except to Sumedh.

After that Mallika started to live independently and write novels. With the help of Chris, she become a little successful and earned well, by tieing up with publishing houses.

Though she was living stable life with her little one in her womb, there was an emptiness in her life, which only Sumedh could fulfil.

"Ready, dear?" Mallika nodded her head and soon everything went blank for her, as anaesthesia spread in her blood.

~~~

As Mallika held Madhi in her arms for the first time, Sumedh tied the mangalsutra in Shakshi's neck.

As Mallika kissed Madhi's forehead, Sumedh filled Shakshi's hairline with sindhoor.

As tears of joy slipped down from Mallika's eyes, tears of pain slipped out of Sumedh's eyes.

Mallika kept her child in her chest, giving her baby her warmth. Sumedh gazed at the holy fire in front of him, thinking that he might become a father by now.

They both thought, "Will never let anyone or anything harm you. I will protect you from all the evils."

At Present

"Then I engaged myself in the school since we both love to dance, I taught dance to the kids there. Also, I named it in your remembrance." Sumedh kissed her temple and said, "Jasmine School of Talent and Talent Only."

"Then how did you come to know about me?" She turned to him in his embrace.

"Fallen from Heaven! That novel depicted your life, which I very well know as my Miku. Then I searched about its author and found you on Instagram. But you just wrote quotes there. So, I hired a detective to find you. Meanwhile, I stepped into a book publishing company. Since I wanted you to be a queen of the world of the book. Even I named it after our love." Mallika smiled and asked, "But how?"

"J for Jasmine. K for Krish. Jasmine denotes your name. Krish denotes my name. So, J. K. Publications." He pecked her lips.

She blushed and intertwined his fingers with hers, "Wish everything had gone smoothly since before. We would have lived a perfect life."

"Also, now we would have five more kids. One for each year." Sumedh teased her, as he didn't want her to be emotional now.

"You dirty head!" She hit his chest with her tiny palms.

He held her palms and pulled her above him and whispered in her ears, "Only for you!"

She blushed more and was about to get down from him. Before that, he took her lips for a passionate kiss.

Sigh of getting over all the odds kept them happy. But she pulled back from him soon, feeling her throat surge to throw up.

~~~

Finally past over!

I will complete the book within next week.

Hardly a few more chapters.

Thank you for 5K votes, dear readers.