18 ~ Wouldn't Mind Hurting Twice

"Mumma, where are we going? Why are you packing our clothes?" Madhi asked Mallika, who was packing all the things.

"Somewhere, where your dad won't get disturbed by us." Madhi understood what Mallika meant, leaving Sumedh forever.

"No, We can't! I can't leave dad and hurt him once again!!" Madhi shouted, startling Mallika. This was the very first time, she talked against Mallika's words.

"Madhi, please. We are leaving, that's final. Now keep quiet." Mallika said weakly and continued her work.

Madhi pulled her dresses from her mother and threw them on the floor, "Daddy will get hurt if we leave him again. I wanna be with dad. Please, Mumma."

Anger rushed through Mallika's nerves, seeing Madhi's behaviour. She raised her hand to slap her but stopped abruptly, seeing her fear-filled eyes.

"Baby, please. Your daddy's life is different from ours. We will become a burden to him once others know about our presence in his life. It will hurt your daddy a lot than our absence in his life. You want him to be happy, right?" Mallika cupped her baby's cheeks with hopeful eyes.

"Yes, Mumma, I want my daddy to be happy. And I know his happiness is being with us. So, we aren't going anywhere." Mallika sighed and left Madhi, which made her stumble.

Before she fell from the bed, pair of arms held the little angel in his arms. Mallika didn't realise it, as she continued taking things out from the cupboard while scolding Madhi, "Since when you became like this, Madhi? I showered you love and protect you from this cruel world since your birth but you are talking against my decision for some unknown guy, who became your dad just a week before. Even if you shout or cry, I don't care. We are leaving India before your so-called daddy comes here. Just forget that there is someone named Sumedh who was your father. He isn't your father and he can never be!"

"ENOUGH!" A rough and hoarse voice reached her ears, making her silent.

She wasn't dared to turn up to him. She became fragile. Teardrops are ready to trespass her eyelids anytime.

"What the hell you are thinking, Mallika! How could you tell me as a so-called father of Madhi, when you couldn't even handle my daughter carefully! And what did you say? You were showering love on my girl since her birth but she is against your decision for an unknown guy, whom she knew just for a week, right? But you had shattered my delicate doll today with your stupid rude behaviour. Keep it in your mind, if anyone dares to hurt my princess, even if it is you, I will not spare. Thank God, that she didn't fell from the bed and get hurt due to your careless behaviour. Else, I wouldn't mind hurting you twice. Let me see, how you are taking my baby away from me!" Sumedh shouted and took shivering Madhi in his arms.

Once looking at Mallika, who was yet showing her back to them, clutching her saree tightly in her fist, trying to control her tears, he left her house with Madhi.

Madhi didn't dare to talk any word, seeing her mother and father's anger. She wished to be away from both for some time until they both calm down. But she didn't dare to open her mouth when she saw her father's red eyes.

Silent hiccups escaped her lips, as she cried silently in fear. Sumedh sat inside his car and kept Madhi in his lap, rubbing her back soothingly, "Princess, relax! I won't leave you and your Mumma ever. We will go to our house. Your Mumma will come in some time."

Madhi nodded her head and snuggled into her father's chest. He caressed her hair softly and closed his eyes while recalling Mallika's trembling body when they left her alone in Madhi's room.

He understood that there was something that bothering Mallika. But they both weren't in the right state to talk about that. So, he decided to come back to Mallika's house after some time and told his driver to take him and Madhi to his mansion.

Here, Mallika dropped herself on the floor and hugged her knees close to her chest.

"I am sorry. I hurt you both today. But I am scared. I am scared, Sumedh. I and Madhi, both are longing for love... your love. If we don't get it someday, it will affect us a lot. I had faced that loveless life. I can manage even if you leave us. But Madhi can't, Sumedh. She will break totally if you leave her. Also, you can't live peacefully without us, if you get attached to us more and someday, you have to leave us due to circumstances." She ended up crying heavily.

Time passed and it became dark. Sumedh made Madhi have dinner and made her lay on him, as he rests his back in the recliner near the swimming pool.

"Daddy, shall we go back to Mumma?" She started missing Mallika badly.

"I will go and bring Mumma, Madhi. You sleep, you look tired." He kissed her hair and caressed her hair, gazing at the stars in the night sky.

"Hmm. Today we practised for Talent Hunt Festival at school, daddy. I missed you a lot." Sumedh smiled and hugged her tightly.

"Hereafter, daddy won't leave you anytime. Now sleep, I will go and bring your Mumma. Don't be scared, dear. Maids and my bodyguards will be here. We will come in 30 minutes." Madhi nodded her head and fell asleep on her father due to tired of dancing.

After making sure that Madhi had fallen asleep, Sumedh took her to the room, which he had arranged for his baby girl and made her sleep there in the princess bedroom.

He held his breath and kissed her forehead, "love you, Madhi. Will come back soon with your Mumma."

He turned on the night lights and closed the room door behind him silently. Once ordering the bodyguards to take care of Madhi properly, he left in his car to Mallika's house.

~~~

So, guys, What will happen at Mallika's house?