44 ~ Dying Each Passing Second!

Sumedh stood frozen on his spot, as his eyes gazed at the walking beauty towards him. He got irritated when Hameer kept on nudging his elbow and hissed, "What?!"

"Just look around." He whispered.

Though Sumedh didn't wish to take his eyes off from her, he looked around as said by his friend only witnessing all the Romeos of his college were gazing at his girl.

Few were blushing and few were ruffling their hairs handsomely. He didn't know what he was feeling right now. He immediately turned to her and watched her walking uncomfortably under so many stares.

"Let's go." He said and without waiting for others reply, he left that place, as he didn't wish to be one of those people, who makes her uncomfortable.

"This boy!" Mahathi shook her head and took her stuff before following him.

Anirudh and Hammer were about to follow them back but when they witnessed that Sumedh was going to their classroom, they both shouted in unison, "No ways!"

They both decided to spend their quality time by sitting simply waste at their hangout.

~~~

"Good morning, Students. I guess you all knew that our college founder had bought ABC college since the renovation work was going on there. So that few students from that college had been transferred to our college. These two girls and three boys are among them. Hereafter, until this semester end, they will be with you. It's your responsibility to keep them comfortable." Sumedh's heart fluttered in joy, as he thanked his luck and destiny to give him such an opportunity to be with his angel for solid six months before his post-graduation.

Then his eyes travelled to the girl with waist-length silky hairs, which was tied into a high pony, which suits her white fit top and black jeggin.

He could understand that she was nervous. He felt something different in her from which he had seen her on their inter-college meet. But he couldn't find it.

He shut away that thought, as he wished to enjoy the moment.

"One by one introduce yourselves. Start from that last." Their professor sat behind her desk, asking all the students to give their introduction so that the new students could know about their classmates too.

One by one everyone introduced themselves. At last, it was she. Sumedh looked down to control his excitement when she stood up from her place.

"Hi, This is Mallika Mishra." She just said that and sat down in her place silently.

"That was it," Sumedh said but Mahathi voiced out. Their professor looked at Mallika for a second but didn't say anything, sensing she wasn't ready enough to be open yet with her classmates.

Throughout their class, Sumedh was glancing at Mallika very often but she didn't look at him even for a second. He knew very well that she knew him because they had shared their prize, which couldn't be easily forgotten.

He wished to give up watching her, realising it was useless. But he couldn't help himself to stop from glancing at her.

Finally, the bell rang, announcing the break period. Few went to their professor to ask doubts. Whereas few left the class lazily.

"Come, Miku. I guess you need some time to relax. Let's go and find where is the library. Books will keep you distracted." Shivani said, packing her books, after knowing that it was free period next.

Mallika just nodded her head and packed her bag too before following her friend out of their class. Sumedh wouldn't deny if he had noticed that Mallika looked at him through the corner of her eyes before leaving.

~~~

"Why this should happen to me? Why can't I be just like everyone?" Mallika sighed, as the corner of her eyes pooled with tears.

As for now, they were standing in the deserted corridor of their new college. Shivani wished that she could comfort her friend if she just had any good idea.

But there wasn't anything she could do to make her smile. Precisely when her friend was pretending to don't know the person, whom she loves with her heart.

She moved forward and wrapped her hands warmly around Mallika, who was right now sobbing.

"I was so happy that I had found my Prince. We shared our trophy. I don't know anything yet about my feelings for him. I just love it whenever he looks at me. Do you know, Shivu? Destiny had brought me to him only to get hurt. First, my father, who is my superhero, who had never even shouted at me, now blackmailing me that he would disown me if I loved any boy. Here he had walked away from me on the very first day. Didn't he even remember that we had shared our prize? He just like that walked away when I was walking towards him despite my control over my legs and heart. Besides all, I am dying each passing second being around him physically and trying my level best to stay away from him mentally. Why this should happen to me?" Mallika wiped away her tears though it came out like a river fall.

Shivani observed her keenly. She knew about her father's orthodox behaviour for long period, since he had warned her to keep Mallika away from boys. But Mallika never knew it and for her, her father was a practical and supportive one.

Taking a deep breath Shivani kept her hand over Mallika's head and patted it softly, "Then don't compromise yourself for anyone. I shouldn't say this, but to be honest, your father didn't deserve your sacrifice, Miku. He has been selfish all through his life and kept you and your mum in dark by behaving sweetly in front of you both and digging a grave to your freedom behind your back. He didn't deserve your loyalty towards him. Just get out of that cage."

Mallika stopped crying, as she listened to her friends earnestly. For once she thought that she could cheat on his father and live her life. But her heart didn't give space to that. No matter what she loved her father, howsoever he was.

"I don't wanna do it." She said blankly, crushing her love towards her crush even before it blossom.

~~~

What should Mallika do now? Getting out of the cage or saving the situation or ruining her life?