05 ~ Your Boyfriend, Khargosh!

After dinner, Sumedh was walking on the terrace. He was all alone in that big mansion after Shakshi left with his family and her mother.

He enjoyed his loneliness like always under the shrine moonlight. He was smiling like an idiot while thinking about his time with Mallika. He was feeling new after these many years.

"She had turned into a more beautiful woman from a cute young girl." He whispered, taking his mobile out of his night pant pocket.

As soon as his face came in contact with the camera his mobile unlocked, revealing Mallika's picture as wallpaper.

"You had made me crazy girl since I saw you. So, Miss Mishra, be ready to be Mrs Raichand soon. It may take time but before that, I will make you mine." He kissed the picture.

Soon his naughty brain sent him a message to do a prank with Mallika. He dialled Mallika's number without any second thought.

On the other hand, Mallika, who was washing the vessels after dinner, picked up the call after thinking for a lot, as it was an unknown number at untime.

"Hello, who is this?" Her slow and sweet voice dripped honey in his ear.

He closed his eyes and smiled widely. Mallika checked the display once to see whether the call was disconnected, as she didn't get any reply.

She thought of try once again and cut it if she didn't get a reply again.

"Who is this?" She asked again.

"Your boyfriend, Khargosh!" Sumedh muffled his chuckle and waited eagerly for her shout.

But Mallika recognised his voice as soon as he spelt the first word. She bit her lips while her brain worked a lightning speed and forced her to backfire his prank.

"Hey, Khadoos. I was waiting for your call for a long. How are you, buddhu?" She moved the mobile away from her ears and laughed silently, hugging her tummy.

Here, Sumedh's face fell, hearing her. His face lost its colour and tears brimmed in his eyes. He didn't know what to talk about or how to react. So, he simply disconnected the call and started walking towards his room.

Mallika looked at the disconnected call and twisted her eyebrows. She wondered what had happened to him. She ignored her thoughts and dialled his number.

Sumedh, who was about to descend the stairs, picked up the call reluctantly, wiping away his hot tears.

"Hello." Mallika's eyes pooled unknowingly, hearing his feeble voice.

"Sumedh, are you okay?" Her trembling voice reached his ear, which made his heart skip a beat.

"Miku, I am fine yar. Relax!" Mallika wondered again how did he know her pet name and also how did he understand that she was tensed.

"By the way, how did you find it was me, who had called you?" Sumedh asked, getting back to his normal state, as he realised that Mallika had just pranked him back.

And he knew something about Mallika, which she didn't know, which gave him the courage to proceed forward in his feelings towards her.

"Your voice, dumbo. Can't I even identify your voice?" Mallika chuckled, settling on the kitchen slab.

"Oh! I thought that you would have forgotten my voice, as it had been more than six years since we talked with each other. Besides, I don't think we had talked much during our college days. And if you say that you remembered my voice due to our little talk in the morning, we talked very little, that too after so long. Then how did you remember it?" Sumedh smirked knowingly.

Mallika bite her lips and remained silent, which made Sumedh's smirk grow wide.

"Mallika Ji, where is my answer?" She could feel his smirk very well, though she couldn't see.

"Just like that, Sumedh. It's not hard for me to remember your voice. By the way, you say, how did you know my pet name?" Now Sumedh zipped his mouth as if someone had glued his lips with fevicol.

"At your office too you called me by my pet name when you were in a hurry to go. Now too when you heard my worried voice, you called me by my pet name. How did you know?" Mallika was determined to get the truth out of his mouth.

But who is he? The one and only Sumedh Raichand.

"But what is your pet name?" He asked her innocently.

"Miku!"

"Really? See what a co-incidence! I just like that called you Miku but it turned out to be your pet name. What an intelligent am I? Sumedh Genius Raichand, right?" He smirked, which made her roll her eyes.

"Huh! Stop your self-obsessed attitude, Sumedh. Don't play smart. Why did you cut the call when I replied that I was waiting for my boyfriend call?" Mallika asked him seriously.

"Then why did you get worried when you heard my feeble voice?" Sumedh smirked more.

"Don't fool me with your counter questions," Mallika said.

"Then you don't ask any questions." He replied.

"Ugh! Fine!!" Mallika sighed, as she didn't want the conversation to go where she didn't wish to go.

"That's my girl!" He kissed her through the phone, which startled her.

"Sumedh, wh..." Before she could say anything, he cut her off, "I called you to hear your honey-sweet voice before going to sleep and now my mission over. So, good night, sweety."

She gasped at his behaviour. He disconnected the call before she could say anything and ran across the terrace like a small kid, who achieved his biggest dream.

He started twirling and started dancing in joy. Tears of happiness brimmed in his eyes.

Whereas Mallika couldn't even move from where she was sitting. She was beyond shock. She couldn't understand what Sumedh was up to.

She wouldn't deny that she felt happy with the way Sumedh talked with her. But what bothered her was, he was doing the wrong thing. She was scared that she might do the same if he behaved the same again.

"Mallika, don't use your creative brain here. He is a prankster generally, he just pulled your legs. He won't do anything stupid. So, chill and go to bed." Her brain advised her.

Though her heart said otherwise. She dismissed both her heart and brain and went straight to shower.

~~~

So guys, What is the secret between this duo?