58 ~ Love Him Unconditionally

Sumedh's cousins chased him throughout the palace, as they tried to pour haldi water on him. He was already showered with haldi from top to bottom.

He was escaping from everyone and accidentally went to Mallika's side. He hid there behind a pillar and sighed in relief. Just then he realised, where he was and looked at Mallika's side from the corner of the pillar.

But there was a huge crowd around her, which made it impossible to get a glimpse of her. He stood on his toes and tried to look at her. But to his bad luck, he was caught by his dadi and mentally cursed himself, "Among all the people, should I only fell in her eyes. She will announce to everyone that grandson does mischief with my granddaughter no matter how many prohibitions we imply on them."

He rolled his eyes and silently moved out from there before she got a chance to pull his legs. Once again bad luck hit him when his cousins were standing at the entrance with haldi water.

He looked at them and gulped, seeing their evil smirk. They didn't give him time to react and poured nearly 15 mugs of haldi water all at once. Ladies, who were doing the haldi function of Mallika witnessed the scenario and laughed out loud.

Hearing them, Mallika looked at Sumedh as well and started laughing. Madhi was about to run to Sumedh, but she held her hand, "Baby, you may slip due to water there. Stay here, daddy will come here."

Sumedh and Madhi pouted together. He was about to enter the room but dadi stopped him, "Now you shouldn't meet Mallika until the wedding. I know you didn't follow this rule until morning. But now I won't let you. This is important. Now go back. You can see your wife and daughter in the evening."

Sumedh looked at Mallika with a puppy face. She controlled her laugh and gestured him to go, giving him a flying kiss. Looking at her, Madhi also gave him a flying kiss.

He looked at them both and went from there after giving them back a flying kiss with both hands. Mallika blushed, after seeing so many people teasing gaze on her.

She was carefully taken to her room by her mother along with Madhi.

~~~

Sumedh felt like each second passing like an hour. He had never felt this much impatient to see Mallika. He was excited as well.

On the other hand, Mallika felt immense happiness. Unlike other girls, she didn't feel any nervousness or worry. The only new thing was her pregnancy.

She was feeling blessed and excited to see a different version of Sumedh during their pregnancy. Also, Shakshi's baby already gave her the new feel of motherhood, though she was a mother already.

She completed her makeup by wearing her nosepiece. Shreya applied kajal behind her neck and kissed her forehead, "Miku, you will be my daughter officially in a while. As much as Sumedh loves me, he loves you more than anyone. A life partner is a special person in everyone's life through how much ever relationship cross your paths. Each relationship will fill your life with memories and your soulmate is the only one, who will be in all those memories. When we attain teenagers, we grow up with the dream about our prince charm. We develop crush and love towards our soulmate. After marriage, usually, you will be bored of certain things. Even if you deny it, it will indeed happen. But when you try to keep out of boredom in your relationship and succeed in it, your love also succeeds then only. Never let anything ruin your dream and happiness along with Sumedh's. You both are a cute couple along with Madhi, the cute family. Take care of our unborn heirs too."

Mallika nodded her head smilingly and she felt short of words to describe her reaction. She could feel how much Shreya loves her boy and she just assured her, "I may not take care of him like you do, Aunty. But I will take care of him as much as I love him and I will love him unconditionally."

She caressed her cheeks with a smile and left from there, giving mom and daughter privacy.

Mallika's mother kissed her forehead, "No one's evil eye should fall on my daughter."

"Mumma, I know I had been away from you for six-year. After coming back to India too, I didn't come to you. I miss you so much. I might not tell you this unlike I had told dad that I love you. Will you stay with me after my wedding?" Mallika's eyes pooled with tears unknowingly, as she hugged her mother tightly.

Mallika's mother hugged her back as well and kissed her hair, "I will, Miku. But like your Sasu mom said, I can't be with you forever. I will come to meet you once a week. Because staying with you, will affect your privacy with Jamai Babu. I want you guys to be happy with your little ones."

Mallika nodded her head and wiped away her tears, though it was coming out non stop.

~~~

She walked down the aisle with her neck adorned by garland along with jewellery. She was wearing pale yellow with peacock blue wedding lehanga embroidered with golden patchworks.

Madhi was walking along with Mallika, wearing a fairy gown of the same combination. Sumedh's eyes were just fixed on Mallika and he had even forgotten to breathe.

Mallika's head was bowed down, seeing his intense gaze on her. She wished earth to swallow her, as she couldn't control her blushing machine.

She bit her lips to control it but couldn't when she heard Sumedh's cousins. Though she got used to it in these two days, today it was different.

She sat beside him with Madhi inbetween them. But Madhi ran to Dadi from there, as soon as saw her. They had developed such an unbreakable bond within a few days.

"She separated me from my daughter!" Sumedh pouted, making Mallika chuckle.

"She should someday get married like us and go away to her hubby's house like us, Sumi," Mallika said.

"Speaking about our wedding, you and Madhi are looking like an angel dropped from heaven." He whispered and kissed her cheeks.

~~~

1 more to go...