54 ~ I Am Not Ram

Sumedh tried to get a hold of Madhi, who was about to hit the floor. Mallika screamed her name, being shocked.

But her shock was increased when Madhi floated in the air near the air or she was hallucinating. Sumedh sighed, seeing Madhi land on the floor without even any scratch.

He picked up Madhi immediately and hugged her tight and rubbed her back, "Are you fine, bacha?"

Madhi smiled and rubbed his back, who was breathing heavily, "Daddy, I am fine. Relax!"

Sumedh looked at Mallika, who was standing like a statue in shock yet. He shook her, "Jaan, baby is fine. See here."

Madhi looked at Mallika and hugged her, bringing her back to sense. She looked at her and took her in the embrace.

"J...Jaan, d...did you see? M...Madhi..." Sumedh thought that Mallika was yet tensed about Madhi, so he side hugged her and kissed her temple, "Miku, relax! Madhi is fine."

Mallika convinced herself that she was just hallucinating and shook her thoughts. She kissed Madhi's cheeks and said, "Let's go and pack your things, Princess."

"Dadi had done it, Mumma. She had packed Shakshi aunty's baby's things too with mine." Madhi said.

"Shall we go then?" Sumedh took the luggage, as Mallika nodded her head.

~~~

Mallika parted the curtain of the room, which was provided to her temporarily at Jaipur Palace. Madhi was playing with the kids there with Sumedh's dadi.

There were relatives already for Sumedh's wedding. Few of them purely despise Mallika and Madhi, but they didn't dare to raise their tongue, as they were living in Riyan's shadow.

People of the Jaipur were announced about what had happened at Royal family. Though it was shocking to them, they didn't oppose this relationship. Few out of fear and few trusted Sumedh.

She looked at the Pink city, which was silent and beautiful at that time of night. Numerous thoughts were running in her mind and she missed her mother, though she didn't wish her father's presence at any cost, after hearing Sumedh, how her dad had treated her mother after she left.

Her chain of thoughts was broken when the door of her room opened. She turned and found Sumedh with sleeping Madhi in his arms.

"You aren't supposed to come here." She said while walking forward to take Madhi from him.

"And I love to break the rules for my beautiful wife." He winked at her, making her blush.

She made Madhi sleep on the king-size bed and placed Shakshi's baby in the cradle so that Madhi wouldn't hurt her in sleep.

Sumedh back hugged her and watched both the babies silently. Mallika knew that he had already decided that he was now the father of two girls and highly possessive of them.

She felt very proud to be his soulmate and kissed his hair, "Enough of adoring your kids. Now go and sleep in your room."

"Nah! I will sleep here only." Before she could protest, he picked her up and made her lay on another side of Madhi and he lay on another side.

"Jaan, what others will think if they find you sleeping here?" Mallika worried.

"Baby, Mom, dad and dadi knew that I would be here with you only. About others, I don't mind. But for your sake, I will manage to go to my room before anyone could notice in the morning. Now come let's sleep. Tomorrow we have to go to the event where people of our Kingdom had arranged the gifts for our wedding." He closed his eyes, wrapping his one arm around Madhi and Mallika.

"But gifts should be given after wedding only right?" Mallika becomes curious.

"Jaan, you have to wear the ornaments and dresses they present you throughout the wedding. It will make them happy that their Prince and Princess wear the things they gift. And few will gift some other things too. You should accept whatever it is with a happy face." Mallika smiled and closed her eyes.

~~~

The next day, Mallika wore a simple yet grand lehanga given by her mother in law and went down to the common room where the guests were present.

Sumedh was sitting amidst them with Madhi in his lap. Madhi looked at Mallika and shouted, "Mumma, came!"

Everyone turned to look at her and was indeed mesmerized by her beauty.

"Sumedh, you even gave birth to a second baby before your wedding." Vengence talk started, seeing a small girl in Mallika's arms.

"I had said, right? Shakshi's baby is here with us. Madhi dear, go and see whether dadi got ready. Or else she will do her makeup the whole day." Shreya said in a slightly high voice, trying to keep the situation in her control. Madhi nodded her head and went from there.

"So, Sumedh, this baby is yours too." One of the ladies said. Before Sumedh could answer them back another said, "Only she is Sumedh's baby. This girl Madhi didn't even slightest like Sumedh."

Okay, that was enough for Sumedh, as he got her intention. He got up from his place fiercely. Mallika, who knew his anger level, said, "Sumi calm down. This world had even doubted Sita Ma. This is common in every girl's life."

She gestured him to take that light, but before his anger reduce even an ounce, another lady said, "So, you are thinking yourself as Matha Sita. Do you think you are equal to God?"

"AND I AM NOT RAM TOO, CHACHI!" Sumedh shouted.

None were aware that Sumedh could go to any extent for Mallika. Baby in Mallika's arms cried, waking up from her sleep.

Sumedh took the baby from her and rubbed her back, kissing her forehead. Meanwhile, Mallika's parents came there, which Mallika didn't notice, as her focus was just on the baby.

After calming down, he gave her back to Mallika and moved to Mallika's father while glaring at others, "I am not Ram to test Sita's purity to make others believe or send her to forest for any rubbish talks. One more word, I will cut down your tongue just like his!"

His hands pointed to Parvesh Mishra, making Mallika numb and others shut their mouth.

~~~

Now you guys got what Sumedh did to Mallika's father.