36 ~ Enough, Sumedh!

Mallika shot her head at Shakshi, who stood there with the rage in her eyes, holding her small bundle of joy.

Her eyes were pooled with tears, yet held the power to burn anyone come in her away alive. Her father approached her hurriedly, shouting, "What the hell you are talking, Shakshi! Have you lost your mind?"

"I had lost my mind once when I had fallen for the backless cheating fellow! I had lost my mind when I gave my virginity to him!! I had lost it when I trusted you that at least you wouldn't harm my baby though she is illegitimate!!!" Her loud voice echoed around the room, as she shouted like an angry Mahakali.

The whole hall went into silence witnessing the girl, who had never talked aloud in front of her father, was shouting at him now. The silence was broken when the baby cried in fear of the harshness in her mother voice.

Mallika, who witnessed this, got down from the dock and rushed to her, taking the baby in her arms. No one dared to stop her, since Shakshi announced that her daughter was Sumedh's blood.

Mallika cooed the baby to calm it down, meanwhile, Sumedh held Shakshi's arms to control her, but she jerked his arm away, "Enough, Sumedh!"

Her voice said that she was at the peak of anger and lost her patience completely. He blinked his eyes, assuring her and about to open his mouth, but she showed her palm to him.

"Enough of tolerating this venom, Sumedh!" She glared at her father, making him angry. But he couldn't do anything other than gritting his teeth, since they were in front of the public.

All of a sudden, coming back to his sense, Judge knocked the hammer on the table thrice, making everyone turn to him.

"Mrs Raichand, can you give me an explanation by coming to the dock?" Shakshi nodded her head and went there.

Shakshi's father's gaze turned to Mallika, who was holding Shakshi's baby. Sumedh put a protective hand around her, bringing her close to him while giving a warning glare at Shakshi's father.

Mallika, who didn't realise it, pushed his hand away, glaring at him. Sumedh sighed and turned to Shakshi, thinking how to handle the current situation.

Already his parents and relatives were calling him since yesterday after the book launch function was telecasted. In between all these lots of things happened, making him tired. He didn't know how would he make Mallika understand all the misunderstandings.

"Your honour, Before marriage itself, I was in a relationship with my collegemate, Aashiq. I didn't wish to marry Sumedh. But my father forced me, as no one can question him if he gets to be a close relative with the royal family. Because he is a mafia." So many gasps echoed around the room, as soon as they heard the word 'MAFIA'.

Shakshi's father, who didn't expect her father to reveal his identity, tried to go out from there without anyone concentration but the police caught him. He glared at Shakshi but she cared less.

"After marriage, I confessed my relationship with Aashiq to Sumedh and he never touched me. We lived in separate rooms only. We are more like siblings. We never dared to confess our fake relationship to anyone. Because my father had an eye on us all time. My boyfriend got a job in Canada and settled there. I and Sumedh, occasionally go to Canada to spend time with him. We didn't wish my dad to doubt us, as I don't want him to harm my boyfriend. Because my dad would go to any length to keep me with Sumedh for his selfish reasons. Later, I got pregnant. Everyone thought that was Sumedh's baby. But it isn't. She is mine and my boyfriend's baby."

"We both decided to get a divorce secretly so that I can elope to Canada with my daughter and can live happily with my Aashiq." She took a deep breath as tears slid down her cheeks.

Everyone was watching her keenly to know the truth behind the wife of Prince. They were shocked and few were covering it on their camera to earn money by revealing her personal.

But she wasn't at the stage to care about others view on her and her baby.

She wiped away her tears and continued, "But he cheated me. He revealed about our baby to my dad and blackmailed him for money that he would reveal about our daughter's identity as illegitimate."

She cried hard by that time. The person, whom she loved and trusted blindly and took as her life, had just used her for money. Her hold on the railing got tightened, as the last sight of him, showing the blank cheque in his hand as the cost of her love.

Mallika's eyes pooled with tears unknowingly. Sumedh moved towards her and rubbed her back, assuring her, he would be with him, no matter what. He had always taken her baby as his. He would give all the love to the baby, just like to Madhi.

The judge gave her time, understanding her condition. She excused herself and continued, "Then my dad kidnapped my not even one-week-old baby and blackmailed me to give complaint against Mallika since my so-called lover had revealed about Sumedh's relationship with Mallika, which I shared to him by trusting him."

"My dad didn't wish anyone to come between me and Sumedh, as he wanted to be safe. But Sumedh could never accept me. Because he is madly in love with Mallika. Madhika is his blood. I don't know the backstory behind it and it is his personal. But I wanna make sure everyone that I break my all relationship with Sumedh today. I want him to marry Mallika right now. Because I wanna payback Sumedh for saving my baby from the devil, before it become prey."

That's when Mallika noticed Sumedh's dishelved hairs and tore shirt. There was dried blood clots on his hands and face. She bit her lips, controlling her tears.

She felt very proud of him, meanwhile stood there confused on Shakshi's words.

The judge heard her patiently and said, "Fine, Mrs Raichand, if you want to divorce Mr Raichand, you can. But you know that you have to prove whatever you said as truth. Because if by chance the baby is yours and Sumedh's and you were forced to lie like this, then it will be of my guilt. So until then, the court is ad..." Before he could complete it, Shakshi interrupted him.

"I can prove it right now."

~~~

So, guys, what do you think about this chapter? Does anyone feel like I rushed it?