48 ~ Six Months Over

Mallika shut her eyes close, as his dead view crossed her mind now and then since their performance.

During their practice, Sumedh just told her it would end like this. But when she saw it on the stage, she was beyond shocked. Pain stitched her heart, making it hard for her to breathe.

On the other side, Sumedh had stayed back in the hostel though it was study leave for two weeks. He thought that Mallika would come to the library to study, but she didn't come to college at all.

It had been a week since he had seen her. His longingness increased with each passing second. He couldn't concentrate on his studies being disturbed.

Mahathi, who noticed that he was looking somewhere instead of his notes, held his hand softly, "Sumi, just a week more for the exams. You should do it well. If you feel restless like this you can't do it at all. Why don't you go and meet Mallika once? Just let out everything in your heart. Don't think about her reaction. Whether positive or negative, her happiness matters. You should lighten your heart."

"I am thinking of proposing to her at Anirudh's wedding. It's just I am longing to see her smile." His lips curled into a smile, remembering her smile.

~~~

"Miku, stop crying. He is totally fine. If you love him this much, why can't you just confess your feelings to him?" Shivani, rubbed Mallika's back to calm her down.

Currently, they two were sitting in the public library and preparing for their exams. Out of nowhere, Mallika started crying, as Sumedh's dead body came into her vision.

"But he loves Mahathi. Besides even if he isn't in love with her, I won't say. Because my dad has so much trust in me. I can't let that ruin. I love my dad more than I love Sumedh." She wiped away her tears.

"Did he ever say that he loves, Mahathi? Above all, your father is selfish, Jaan. Just choose the thing which gives you happiness." Shivani cupped her cheeks.

But Mallika shook her head as no, "Then there will be no difference between me and my father. He may be selfish but in end, he is the reason I am in this world. I will sacrifice my feelings for him."

~~~

The rest of the month passed in a quick motion, as the exam tension occupied everyone. For final year students, it just added to their responsibility, because after the exams, their life will take a different dimension.

Though Sumedh wished to spend some time with Mallika, he didn't wish to disturb her, as he was scared that he might end up confessing her feelings to her.

He understood that she was in some trouble. Especially she didn't wish to hurt her father's feelings. So, he controlled himself, to not let out his feelings affect her. That too in this exam time, he wanted her to do the exam without any pressure.

It was the last day of their exam. Mallika came out of her exam hall and took her backpack. She started walking towards the pond, where she usually hangout with Sumedh.

It had a lot of memories there. Especially, whenever she was feeling low, Sumedh gave her immense hope and confidence in her life.

She sighed, as she felt unlucky to miss him in her life. She bit her lips, controlling her tears, as the thought that there would be no more time with Sumedh in her life, gave her immense pain.

There will be only one more time in her life she could see Sumedh. Anirudh and Bondita's wedding. She wasn't sure whether she should go there or not. Because she was scared that she might break her father's trust in her by giving the importance of her feelings.

But she decided to be selfish in her life for once. She wished to spend a little more time in her life with Sumedh. So, she decided to go no matter what her father do.

When she was lost in her thoughts, she saw Sumedh coming towards her. She smiled at him and waved lightly to which he responded.

"Hi! Couldn't get time to talk with you due to exams." Sumedh said as he sat beside her.

"Same here," Mallika said and hugged her knees close to her chest.

"It seems like just yesterday, I had seen you at the intercollege competition. Today six months over. Inbetween the things that happened are just unbelievable." Sumedh smiled, as he reminded Mallika's shy smile in every place.

"I am glad that I could study here. Lots and lots of memories. Few bitter and few happy. Above all, it's about meeting you. You are a gem, Sumedh." Mallika kept her head on his shoulder and intertwined their fingers, shocking Sumedh.

He looked at her face, just to find her eyes closed and a faint smile on her lips.

He kept her head on his and whispered, "You are not less, Mallika."

~~~

Sumedh was walking desperately, as he expected Mallika's arrival. It was the day before Anirudh's wedding.

"Stop blushing, Ani! Keep something left out for your tomorrow's night." Mahathi teased him.

"What is tomorrow night?" Anirudh acted like an innocent boy, "Sumi, see! These guys are spoiling me."

Hameer and Mahathi laughed but they looked at each other when they didn't get any response from Sumedh.

"He will neither reveal his feelings nor be happy." Hameer sighed.

"We should only do something," Anirudh said, as he couldn't see Sumedh restless day by day.

"What about... we spike his and Mallika's drink and record everything in the mobile? They will confess without their knowledge and can also witness it." Mahathi said though even she knew that it was highly risky.

"No, we can't do that!" Anirudh shook his head negatively.

"Do we have any other idea?" Hameer askes him.

"Look, Ani, they both love each other. As far as I know, if they don't open up even now, which is officially their last meeting, they may fall apart forever. So, we should do this to make them confess their feelings." Mahathi said and the other two agreed without any option.

~~~

Happy New Year, guys ❣

I wish you all to achieve success and live a healthy and happy life. May this year be a blessing of Lord Krishna.