16 ~ Will Miss You More

"Daddy, please, don't go. Please!" Madhi cried, hugging Sumedh's knees, which pained his heart.

He picked up his daughter in his arms and kissed her forehead, wiping away her tears.

"Princess, Daddy will come by tomorrow night to take his little princess for a midnight stroll without knowing to your Mumma." He whispered in Madhi's ears, inducing the desire in her so that she would let him go for a day, as a compromise.

"Really?" She shouted but Sumedh gestured her to be silent, as Mallika was standing very close to them.

"Yup, just daddy and princess tomorrow midnight, if you let me go now. I promise, one day will go in the blink of your eyes if my girl sleeps without disturbing Mumma and go to school like a good girl tomorrow." Sumedh cuddled her in his embrace.

She widened her eyes sarcastically, before blinking her eyes once and looked at her father with raised eyebrows. Sumedh chuckled and kissed her forehead lovingly, "My Intelligent Princess, What I meant was time will flee soon and papa will be in front of you tomorrow like now. You will feel like I had been away from you for just a millisecond."

"Oh! It means, we can say that it would get over soon as in the blink of an eye. Am I right, Daddy?!" Madhi exclaimed in the happiness of learning something new.

It was indeed true that kids would learn from elders a lot than they learn from their books. So, it's elders responsibility to speak and do positive and encouraging things always.

Sumedh adored his little angel and moved towards Mallika, who was silent since evening and avoiding eye contact with him.

He dropped Madhi down from his arms, "Baby, you had told that you have something to gift for your Bua, right?"

"Oh, yes! Wait I will come, daddy!" She ran to her room, leaving the couple alone in Mallika's room.

Sumedh hugged Mallika from the back and nuzzled his face in the crook of her neck, inhaling her fragrance. Though Mallika felt, going weak on her knees, she didn't show anything on her face, as the pain of being away from him was more than the pleasure of being intense.

Sumedh sighed!

He was tired of seeing her sad face.

"Just one day, Jaan." He tried to console her but he was undergoing the same pain as Mallika inside his heart.

It was just a few days since he felt a complete family and love in his life. He didn't wish to leave them this soon though it was just a single day.

Mallika just hummed, looking down, fighting with the tears that were ready to explode out of her doe-like eyes any second.

"Mallika, please..." He turned her towards him before continuing, "Are you gonna send off me like this? I will miss you more if you do like this."

His voice cracked at last, as he couldn't control his emotions anymore.

His hands enveloped her petite figure and pulled her into his tight embrace, as he wept over her shoulder. Mallika's lashes got wet with her tears, as she hugged him back tightly.

Though it was just one day and not even twenty-four hours totally, it seems like lots and lots of Yugas for them both, as they had united after being separated for six years. They didn't wish to be away from each other even for a second. But here, they had to be separated for one whole day, which pained their heart more.

Mallika pulled back from his embrace and cupped his cheeks in her palms. Before Sumedh could understand what she was up to, she smashed her lips against his.

Time stopped for him for a second. His heartbeats picked up their pace at the speed of light. It was the very first time, he was feeling her soft velvety lips against his lips.

He wasn't expecting this from her. It took him one complete minute to realise the sweet tune composed by her lips on his.

He lifted her to his level by encircling his arms around her waist and captured her upper lip between his lips. He sucked on her lip passionately, making Mallika stop her sweet kissing tune and melt in his dominance.

He switched her lower lips in the place of her upper one and sucked it like there was no tomorrow. Her hands encircled around his neck, as her eyes closed.

Being breathless, he left her lips slowly before pecking on them once full of love and passion.

Mallika's eyes were closed yet, as her cheeks called a basket of tomato for pigmentation challenges.

"Thanks for this!" Sumedh whispered, kissing on either side of her cheeks, "The only mine to make it glow like this."

She blushed more, hearing his words. He chuckled at her and kissed her forehead.

"Keep remembering this moment until you come back tomorrow. You won't feel like I am away from you." Mallika pecked on his lips once, making him dazed.

"You are unique, my girl!" Sumedh sucked her lips once and parted away from her to pick his bags.

"That's why I am a novelist." Mallika smiled and went down with him.

"Sumedh, at least let us come till the airport," Mallika asked him with a pout but he denied firmly.

"Jaan, this isn't a safe time to be out for girls. It's nearly ten in the night. If you guys come to send off me, I will be worried about you guys until I land there to know whether you guys reached home safely or not. So, you guys stay at home and think about your attack on me. You can feel me near too." He winked at her, making her blush.

Just then their little angel came there with a neatly packed small box. It was wrapped in a shining gift wrapper.

"What is inside this, Madhi baby? And what took you this late to come?" Sumedh sat on his knees to match her level.

"That is a surprise, daddy. It is only for Shakshi bua. Then I got late, as I forgot to wrap the gift cover and wrapped it now. It was a bit difficult, as I forgot how Mumma had taught me. But finally, I got it." She clapped her hands in excitement.

"Achaa! You had wrapped this." Sumedh looked at the cover in astonishment, complementing his daughter, "This is amazing, Madhi! You had made it perfectly."

"Thanks to Mumma." She hugged her mother's waist, making Mallika smile.

Sumedh smiled at her and kissed her cheeks and forehead before getting up to his foot. He placed a kiss on Mallika's forehead and smiled at them both, though feeling weak to get out of the house.

"Will miss you both. Hope to come back to you guys soon."

~~~

Happy Eid al-adha to everyone❣

Cherish the happiness with the almighty's blessings. Pray for innocent souls. Spread love❣