33 ~ How Could You!

Sumedh was bewildered at her statement. Time stopped for him. The earth stopped rotating. He badly wished it to be some bad nightmare and wished to wake up to see his girl's angelic oily face in his arms.

But truth slapped right on his cheeks.

"All the while I thought that you were loving me. I never felt uncomfortable with your gaze and touch. I loved you purely. I yet love you to make me burn alive for my heart's betraying nature. I feel ashamed of myself for falling for you. How could you! How could you do this to me!!" Tears fell from her eyes but her gaze was firm on Sumedh, killing him each passing second.

"Do you know something? I trusted you more than myself. You become my breath unknown to myself." Her index finger pointed at him, making him feel more guilt though the sin was not just his.

"I believed you blindly. I believed your words that Shakshi was just like your sister and you both were going to get a divorce." She closed her eyes and cried weakly unable to bear the truth.

"Jaan, t..."

"DON'T CALL ME, JAAN!" She shouted, making him jerk back.

"Don't you dare to play with my feelings once again? Did you want my body right? So, you had lied that your family forced you and got you married to that girl. Then that child isn't yours, but her lovers. Didn't you feel single per cent guilt to say your blood as someone else's, Sumedh!" She turned her face, feeling disgusted to see his face.

Something struck his mind. He understood that someone had to feed wrong things about him when he was away from her. He knew who that person would be. It was all due to him, as he revealed in front of the media when they questioned Mallika that he was going to divorce Shakshi and marry her.

Mallika didn't know about this, as she had left for car parking before Sumedh could shut them up. But now all over India, the news had spread like wildfire. He knew that his family might be on their way to Mumbai.

He didn't think about all these consequences before. All he cared was just about Mallika's self-respect. But now it had cost his love for her.

When he was lost in thoughts of what other consequences they have to face and how to save her and his baby, Mallika threw her saree over his face, being half-naked in her blouse and petticoat in front of him.

"You want this only, right?! You were acting all the while just for your body over mine, right?! Come! Come and fuck me, you cheap beast!!" A huge lump formed in his throat, as he held her saree and removed it from his face, dropping it to the floor.

He bit his lips, didn't wish to break down, as he knew that she would need him in end, being broken already.

"Didn't you feel ashame for lusted me all the while in the name of lovemaking?" Tears spilt from her eyes, reaching the floor, but not more than from his eyes.

She stepped forward and held his collar tightly in her grip, "Don't shed those crocodile tears! It's pulling me towards you though you had cheated me years ago by raping me and leaving me pregnant with Madhi."

Sumedh didn't say anything, wrapping his arms around her weak body, as she collided into his chest, feeling his warmth.

He knew that whatever he say now, wouldn't reach her ears. He wanted her to be stable to listen and understand the real truth behind the events that happened in their life years ago.

"I wonder, why I feel security in your arms yet. I feel my heart flutter and stomach tickle at your touch yet. I love you yet. Say something. Say that all that guy told was fake. Tell me that you aren't Madhi's biological father. Love me like no one." She whispered feebly, whimpering in his embrace, weeping over his chest.

He caressed her hair, picked her up in his arms, taking her to their room. He placed her on the bed and covered her with the blanket.

She looked at him with longing eyes, which just need truth and explanation. He sat behind her and caresses her hair softly. He just wanted this night to get over to show the world, which just contain Mallika in his life.

"I don't know why. But I trust you yet. I need an answer, which you had told me that you would reveal at right time. I just hope that the right time comes very soon. But until then don't make me feel like I am a slut, who reacts to your touches." She turned her back to him, moving away from his reach.

He cried silently though he understood her state. It wasn't easy for any girl to bear the pain when she came to know that the person, who she loved was no other than the one who had played with her virginity unknown to herself.

If she loved that person yet after that, it was like betraying her pure soul until she get over that guilt and knew the real truth.

On the other side, Mallika was also crying silently. But she didn't know the exact reason for crying. She didn't know either the pain he gave to her or the pain she gave to him hurt her the most.

She didn't know when she had fallen asleep. When she woke up the next day, she felt a hand wrapped around her waist. A smile erupted on her lips, seeing Madhi hugging her waist and sleeping.

She kissed her princess's forehead and got up without disturbing her sleep. She went to get ready and turned on the shower undressing.

Flashes of last night and the anonymous call remembered her about Sumedh. She didn't see him in the room this morning. She didn't know when Madhi had come to their room.

Ignoring the thought of him, she got ready in the simple salwar and went down to the kitchen, since she didn't have anything for dinner and felt dam hungry.

Seeing the nasty kitchen she understood that father and daughter had their dinner peacefully last night.

"Selfish giants! Didn't think about my appetite for once." She muttered under her breath and opened the fridge to take milk.

But something else caught her eyes. Strawberry flavoured cake with the caption, "Happy Birthday, Madhika, My little angel!"

~~~

So... draw your conclusions💞