74

A month later...

"Kitty, did you learn the song I gave you?"

"Yap, how couldn't I when you keep reminding me?"

"(laughs) It's because we need to record it today so I can submit it as my project."

"Why do you always need me to record your composition? You have a great voice, to begin with, but you'd rather use someone else's voice, I cannot comprehend why."

"(whisper) I do not want our professor to fall in love with my voice."

"Huh! I shouldn't have asked, Jae!"

<Jae's laughter echoes around them>

Jae Park is Jihyo's classmate and her first friend in her new College. Because he is half Korean, they can communicate well with each other. He also helps her in most things; from finding locations to understanding their lessons and that's why they immediately become close friends. He is also the one who popularized her name as Kitty. He told everyone that it is the English translation of her Korean name and since then she goes by the name Kitty unintentionally. 

"Yow! Jae, Kitty, we have band practice this afternoon, don't miss it."

"We'll be there after we finish recording my project, Bribri."

"(playfully chokes him) You always says you're coming but you rarely show up!"

"(laughs) That's because I'm busy doing my part-time job these days but don't worry, I'll definitely attend today's practice I promise."

"Huh! Part-time job, my foot! If I know you're just playing games."

Brian Kang is Jae's friend and also a member of their College band called Day6. He is an offspring of Korean parents but currently living in the US because of his father's job. He is also a good friend of Jihyo and often times helps her write her lyrics.

"Jihyo, you're coming to watch our practice, right?"

"Yeah, sure I have nothing else to do after class anyway."

"Nice! Make sure this guy (points at Jae) will not go MIA, okay? See you around then."

After he left, the two sets forth to record the song for Jae's project. Jae composes great songs regardless of genre and every time Jihyo spends time with him, she learns something new about music. Apart from composing, he also writes beautiful lyrics, and together with Brian, the two become an undefeatable force. With them in the band, their tagline Trust and Listen to Day6 cannot be any truer. 

Day6 is an all-male band with five members and Jihyo is almost their sixth member. Ever since she moved to Manhattan Music Academy, she had featured in their self-composed songs thrice already, not to mention her impromptu performance whenever she watched them busk and got to sing alongside them.