47

"On second thought... would you like some soju?"

Jihyo waived him goodbye but no more than two steps ahead, she turns again and invited him to drink. She knows it's already late at night and she's aware he needs to drive back home but one look at her empty house made her crave for company. 

"Nevermind, you probably need to go--"

"I can stay! It's no big deal."

Staring at his flustered face, Jihyo realized that she really wanted him to stay so instead of making him leave, she invited him in with a smile. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So, how did it go?"

After downing a glass of soju, she softly asked Yoongi without meeting his eyes. Her gaze is fixated on her now empty glass glistening under the moonlight. After Jihyo brought liquor and snacks from her kitchen, she asked Yoongi to drag the coffee table in front of the open door and settled there. She didn't bother turning the lights on; maybe to camouflage the unadulterated expression she had on her face. 

It's a bit dangerous but Yoongi settled just fine.

"It's a refreshing experience. Your family treated me like I'm a normal person. Your sisters ordered me a lot, I barely have rest but I like it. I feel like me, not Suga but Min Yoongi."

She smiled, though hidden, Suga still able to see the fading smile on her shadowed face.

"I saw you talking to him, both of you look serious. Did you guys talk about me?"

Jihyo turns and stared at him for the first time that night. Her eyes are filled with hesitation and curiosity and it only urges him to be honest with her. 

"We did and now I think I understand you more than ever."

"(bitter smile) So he did tell you, huh? Isn't it crazy? They are my family but I don't belong to them. I love them so much though, Yoongi."

Her eyes start to glisten, as she keeps downing more glasses of soju, she becomes more honest with herself. She cried the second time in front of him, however, this time it is a silent weep. The woman in her is crying instead of the little girl she used to be.

"(in tears) Park Min Chul is the best father I've ever known. I'm sure he told you that our older sisters are not born with his blood, right? But never did he mistreated them, they were loved as if his own. The younger ones were never given a special treatment too, he is fair to all of us."

"That kind man deserves all the love and praise in the world. He was never lacking as a father and a husband, I believe but... she still left him, a gem like him. How rude, isn't she?"