13

Meeting Bang PD

---------------------------------

Jihyo came to Bang PD's office the day after they came back to Seoul. She walks inside with a nervous heart after receiving a signal to come in. Bang PD was on his swivel chair reading some documents. Jihyo gulped secretly and remain standing by the door. 

"Please be seated Jihyo."

"Ah, yes PD-nim."

"I've heard a lot about you. You quite made a name on the news too even landed a part-time job during BTS CF filming..."

Am I in trouble??

"Ah, that...sorry Bang PD, I was asked to do the job."

"Of course. I was the one permitted it in the end. But my point is, aren't you taking advantage of the situation? The kids seem to like you and so as their fans but, don't you think you're taking the spotlight too much?"

"I'm sorry Bang PD."

"Aahhh... please enjoy yourself while you're at it. You only have a month anyway. The contract will be due soon enough. After this, please cut ties with the boys and ensure not to show up again. These days, both the idols and the fans might be appreciating you but I feel like somehow, it might backfire to the kids. If that happens, you know it will be unfair for them. They worked so hard for their fame and they earned their name fair and square."

"Yes PD-nim, I understand."

*****

Jihyo felt that it was all unfair for her too. She didn't ask for the attention she's been receiving from the members. She didn't ask the fans to adore her too. She's only diligently doing her job and never did she thought of taking a spotlight away from the boys. She held her tears and faked a smile until she finally came out of the building. While walking on the sidewalk heading to the bus station, her eyes start to sting and she can't hold back anymore. As soon as she took her seat on the bus, she let her tears fall. She's looking outside and again, got reminded of how loved BTS was by the whole nation. Wherever she looks, their faces or names are there; printed on each commercial buildings or displayed in LED screens. She smiled bitterly. Of course, she knows how the boys worked so hard and she can understand why Bang PD said those things to her. She does understand... it's just that she cannot accept it because she will be the last person who will cause them harm.

*Manager Hobeom calling*

Hello?

📞 Jihyo, I thought you're meeting with Bang PD today?

Ah, yes... I did meet him Oppa.

📞 Oh? Is that so? What did he tell you?

Just... he just told me to take good care of BTS, that's all.

📞 Eehh?? Are you sure? He could've told it by phone though.

Isn't it? I don't know... maybe he just wanted to say it personally. By the way Oppa, since BTS has no morning schedule today, can I go to university for a bit?