88

It was the third day of their trip and Jihyo received a phone call from her roommate; Jennie. Apparently, a letter has been delivered to their apartment (they still choose to live together after college) and as she expected, it is the draft she's been waiting for. Before she left for Korea, she received an offer to star in a mini-series that will be televised on Netflix. The original series is about an Asian teenage girl who migrated to the US to live her dreams as a singer but her parents are totally against it. Then she'll meet a guy who will support him to achieve her dreams and later becomes the man of her dreams. The story will revolve around her struggles to convince her parents to let her do what she loves and a hint of a love story as well to spice up the series. She asked Jennie to email her the contract and the script so she can study them carefully. 

"Yoongi, I have something to tell you."

She said early that morning.

"What is it, you look excited."

He asked as he observed her reaction.

"Well, I've got some news to share."

"Is it something good?"

She nodded and show him her laptop.

"I received an offer as the main cast for a mini-series produced by Netflix."

"Netflix? For real?"

"Yap! Here's the script, would you like to read it with me?"

Yoongi stared at her for a moment. It is not the first time that Jihyo informed him about her new projects. The girl really learned from her previous mistake and every time she informed him, she still got him good and makes his heart flutter.

"How many times do you have to kiss the guy?"

He complained. They are now in the seventh chapter and they have counted at least five kissing scenes already.

"We can fake the kissing scenes, you know. Plus some of them are just attempts."

"The directors can still change their mind and make it into real kissing scenes."

"I will play a teenage girl, it'll only be a peck on the lips, for sure."

"Huh! It's an American series, a peck in the lips is the last thing you can assume."

"Hey!"

"Negotiate properly with them and have it changed! No! I'd rather come with you and talk to them myself."

"You won't do that, rule number three... we will not influence each other's work."

"I never agreed to have a kissing scene in all our music videos but you have done it several times in your musicals and now in your tv series too? Have mercy on me, Jihyo."

"(laugh) I promise to negotiate and have it reduced, otherwise to make sure it will be a fake scene, will that work now?"

"Not until you come back to me with a confirmation."

"Well, I need to accept the offer first and set a date for the negotiation. But what can you say? Isn't it well written?"

"If they will exclude the kissing scenes, I will say yes."

"Tsk! It's drama, Mister. You have to accept that it'll be the highlight of the episode if not a development in each character's relationship."

He didn't say anymore but he obviously still sulking. Before Jihyo finds it hard to persuade him and sometimes they will argue about it too but nowadays, she just finds him cute. Sometimes she even wants to see him complain about the couple interactions in her script and probably be disappointed if he will not react the same way as he is showing now. She is so used to it that it becomes endearing. 

"Promise me to negotiate with all your might. You have to get rid of most of it."

"Or make it a fake scene... we have two options, Yoongi."

"(sighed) Yeah, at least bagged one out of the two, okay?"

"Sure, now let's review the contract."

"Wait, why not sign a contract with me too?"

"Huh?"

"On our next album, you have to feature in our music video."

"Your music videos don't suit a female lead."

"I'll make a song you can feature!"

"(laugh) Easy for you to say, you need your company's approval first."

"I'll make a song they cannot refuse! Don't laugh at me! Watch me have my way, Jihyo. You're going to sign that contract no matter what!"

"(still laughing), Yeah, yeah... for now, let's focus on this contract I have, okay?"

"(pouting) That will be my first kissing scene in a BTS MV."

"Tsk! Alright! I'll humor you, Min Yoongi. Make a song no one can refuse and let's do that first kissing scene in your career!"

Yoongi looks at her with displeased expression but after seeing her grinning, his mood immediately changes too. Jihyo's happy expression is contagious that Yoongi cannot help but smile as well.

"Where are we again in this contract of yours?"

~~~