94

They both headed outside and joined everyone for lunch. David helped Jihyo pull a chair next to him. Since many eyes are looking at them, Jihyo cannot refuse her partner's kindness, so she takes the seat reluctantly.

"Why don't you get Jihyo her food, part-timer?"

David told Yoongi while pointing in the catering's direction. He probably just wants to annoy Yoongi, but the latter knows he purposely wants him away.

"I already have her food with me."

He answered. It was his first time talking to David that day and judging his expression, it was clear as day that his suspicions have been cleared out.

"Ahh, I see. You're Jackson, right? You do sound like someone that goes by the name Jackson."

The taunting smirk on his face is provocative but didn't affect Yoongi to his dismay. 

"You seem like a new guy, but you also somewhat look familiar?"

One of their co-stars commented.

"He looks like a Korean idol, isn't he?"

"David."

Jihyo barely interrupted him.

"What?"

"Oh, well... no offense but Koreans tend to have similar features and when they look alike, they really look alike."

She added emphasizing the word 'really' to excuse her lack of knowledge about Korean artists, which is also beneficial for Jihyo and Yoongi. They didn't add more to end the conversation about Yoongi's familiar features that his mask cannot hide. Since Jihyo is dining with the other artists, Yoongi has no other choice but to leave her there. The secret lunch date he had planned was easily ruined but there was no helping it.  Still, he remains motivated. There is still plenty of chances to take care of Jihyo as she works, and he will do his job resolutely.

After the lunch break, everyone went back to their waiting rooms, waiting for the director's cue. He brought Jihyo her favorite refreshments and stayed next to her despite scrutinizing eyes of David. 

"After you wrapped for today, let's visit our favorite coffee shop."

Says Yoongi.

"Let's do that! Today's filming shouldn't take too long."

Jihyo happily answered. Because there are a lot of people inside the waiting room, the couple is speaking in a very soft manner to avoid people eavesdropping on them, but the curious David cannot stay still and went to disturb them again.

"What are you talking about?"

"(Korean) Was he always like this? Don't tell me... was he always going around near you?!"

Yoongi blurted out with a hint of jealousy and dismay in his tone.

"(Korean) No, I guess he enjoys teasing you. As soon as he recognized you, he's sticking his nose to whatever we do."

"Waah! Is this how you plan to treat me?! That's cheating!"

David complained. To further annoy Yoongi, he pulls a chair and puts it next to Jihyo. He intentionally put the seats closer so that when he sits down, his shoulder naturally bumps with hers. The latter only looks at him in annoyance but was surprised when Yoongi silently pulled away her chair while she was still sitting on it. 

"Where is your manner? Disrespect Jihyo's space one more time... you're really going to know who I am."

Yoongi said in such a distasteful manner that even Jihyo got goosebumps. It's the first time in a while that she's heard him speak in his deep, threatening voice.

"(clears throat) I'll see you in a while, Jihyo."

After David left, Jihyo pats Yoongi's shoulder and asked him to calm down. It rarely happens but when he is upset, he can be frightening, and he won't bother fixing his expression to appease the people around him. 

"He's just trying to tease you, Yoongi. Don't let him get to you, hmm?"

"I'll make sure that guy can never get close to you anymore. He's dangerous to be left hanging around you. He doesn't have manners and goes overboard with his petty jokes."

"Well..."

She shuts her mouth briefly when he sharply looks at her as if saying he won't accept any disputes or disagreements. She knows better that it will not do good to counter him now, so she sides with him instead just to keep him calm.

"Sure, let's stay away from David unless we need to film the scenes. So, please calm down, okay?"

~~~

The director called it a day earlier than they have expected. Since the sun is about to set and they need to film outdoor scenes with natural lighting, they cannot help but call it a day. While everyone is busy cleaning up the scene, the actors are gradually preparing to depart as well. 

"Thank you for today as well, please have a good day."

Jihyo politely said to the rest of the staff and crew around her. When David's about to approach her to say goodbye, another person approached her first and holds her hand firmly.

"Jihyo, shall we go ahead too?"

~~~