Chapter 7

*Chapter 6 has been slightly edited. Thanks and sorry. By the way I don't plan on editing any of the chapters until I get the entire story out. Don't want to lose my momentum. I'll post today's chapter today I just need to fix 6 first*

Three young men sat on a couch across from a young girl in her teens and a young boy. The similarity in their features marked them as related. However the atmosphere in the room was not very friendly.
"'I can't talk even if I wanted to, if you don't believe me ask the twins they don't remember a time when they heard my voice.' It's true neither me or Drew have heard her talk." Artie said after watching some signals from the young girl.
"Oh really, then she used to talk what made her stop?" The voice from Daniel was businesslike, but there was a undertone of mocking present. 
"'Your mother.'" Artie said his voice broke as he kept his sight on his sister. Tears glistening in his eyes.
"My mother, she is your mom too. She carried you for nine months and took care of you for thirteen years of your life and yet you refuse that title! What did our mother do to you that caused this hatred? Better yet what did you do to deserve it! You have been here for so little a time, but you have done nothing but disrespect and lie to us. I have no reason to listen to you. And I refuse to." Daniel shouted, his emotionless mask of a face no longer concealing his anger. 

None of the young men seemed to notice the young boy curling tighter into his sister or the fear present on both the young boy and girl's faces. Daniel took a deep breath before once again concealing his feelings and saying in a cold voice.
"I can't deal with you anymore today. You are to remain in your room until one of us comes to get you. And we will discuss more of your punishment later. And I promise you you will regret you actions."   Delia stood up shaking hands hide behind her back and began to make her way upstairs the Artie walking close beside her.

"Artie we want you to stay for awhile and depending on how truthful your answers are your punishment will be decided." Another young man with brown eyes said his voice gentle but firm. Delia turned around her eyes frantically searching Gracen's for a hint to what that punishment would entail. She didn't get an answer his eyes not revealing anything, ignoring her existence. Evidently he agreed with Daniel and was in no mood to care about his newly found little sister. 

Frightened at the possibility of what they could do to her brother she pulled him behind her. The brown eyes that had been filled with fear now displayed determination beyond her age.
"Delia you are dismissed, go to your room now before we have to use force." Gracen's kind voice had turned harsh in an instant. The temperature in the room seemed to drop a few degrees.

Delia shivered but didn't move an inch.
'Del, we said you weren't doing this alone, go now. I will be fine or do you want them to take the anger you gave them out on me.' Artie had managed to turn her enough to sign those words. She was hesitant, before she hugged him a few tears could be seen dripping out of her eyes. Then with faltering steps she walked up stairs, turning every few steps to stare at her  little brother with worried eyes. Soon she rounded a corner. Her little brother faced Gracen, Hunter and Daniel with a practiced smile hiding fear and frustration. 
"Ask away. I promise to answer honestly." His tone seemed older and more mature than earlier. The young men nodded.
"Did Delia tell you to say the things you did?" Daniel began.
"No." the staccato answer came. "I translated for her and the other responses were my own." Artie continued.
"Do you know why Delia rejects our mom?" Gracen questioned.
"Partly, but some times we weren't present when it happened or to young to remember it." Frustration flashed in Gracen's eyes at the incomplete answer.
"Why is she scared of us?" a soft voice questioned.
Artie looked slightly surprised but still answered Hunter.
"She isn't the only one. Me and Drew are scared of you guys too just not as much." His answer was quiet the last sentence coming in at almost a whisper. That got Daniel's attention.
"Why are you guys scared is it because we are so much bigger than you? Sorry buddy there isn't much we can do about that, but I can promise that we will never hurt you guys." Gracen said his voice upbeat trying to release some of the tension present.
"You made my brother practically pass out from anger and you injured what little trust we had in you not to become one of our many nightmares. Your definition of not hurting is very different than mine." Artie's voice was monotone.
"Stop acting! You guys—"
"No you stop acting! Stop acting, like you know about us. Because if you did you would now that Delia had to raise us all by her self and although she puts up a tough front all she wants is to feel safe. You would know that she never lies. You would know that Drew is the calm one that helps us think clearly. You would know that he love sports and hates meat. You would know that I had to become our spokesperson even though I prefer silence as well. You would now that we all had to face things no kid should ever experience! You would know that even though we tried not to we put a little trust in you, we hoped for a family, protection and safety. And you sure as hell would know that you are shattering any hope of knowing any of us beyond the level of strangers." Artie's face was red with answer and his chest was heaving. The young men stood and shock.
"Punish me as you will, but I'm done talking. Goodnight." With that declaration Artie strode upstairs towards his twins room. Where he sobbed into The arms of his sister as she held both of her little brothers.