Chapter 40

It was breakfast the next day and all of the Knill siblings had gathered around the dining room table. The mood was not as truthful as it had been in the past. It was gloomy and everyone was silent distracted by their own thoughts. When breakfast finished, Delia walked up to Daniel handed him a piece of paper and patiently waited for the response.

I need to talk to you. This evening, privately. It is important and can not be delayed.

Daniel gave a nod of agreement and strode out of the door brushing past his family, completely distracted. Hunter headed out soon after. Gracen also headed out for the company, the maids in the house were enough to keep an eye on the eight-year-old twins and Delia was already thirteen. It was decided to be the best choice since Daniel had been needing Gracen's help at the company. As soon as the door closed Delia headed to her room. The twins followed. Patiently Delia waited for Drew and Artie to enter before she shut the door, the lock had been removed also the discovery of the abuse and her panic attacks. Sitting on the floor in a triangle shape they began to talk.
'Some things are going to happen in the next few days. Some of them will be very scary, but know that I'll keep you safe as I can.' Delia said diving straight into the main topic. It wasn't good to delay it. Her brothers had already been tipped off that something was going on and there were something things they would discover as her plan began. It was best to tell them now.
'What about you? Will you be safe?' Artie asked.
'I'll end it as quickly as possible and make sure you guys are somewhere safe.' Delia continued ignoring the questions.
'Del you'll be safe right? Our brothers will protect us right?' Artie questioned the anxiety clearly seen in his eyes.
'I'm not sure exactly where that will be, but it will be up to you when the time comes.'
'We want to be anywhere as long as it is with you, and we are all safe.' Drew added.
'You guys will probably feel betrayed, but you'll be fine. We are a strong bunch of kids.'
'Delia promise us you'll be safe and stay with us?' Artie signed, his breathing and gestures becoming more erratic each second.
'You guys have to trust me, otherwise—.'
""Delia!"" They both screamed, their eyes reddened with unshed tears. Delia finally seemed to see them.
'I can't promise you that Artie.' Her expression displaying her resignation.
'Then at least tell us what is going on.' Drew signed.
'I'm sorry that is not going to happen either.'
"No you have done this for far to long. We aren't little kids anymore. Gina and Jake aren't here. You are not doing this alone anymore. Delia Ann Rebecca Knill, you better tell us what is going on right now. Or I swear I'll disown you as my sister and never talk to you again." Drew's voice was hard and sure as he talked. Delia shivered she knew he wasn't joking. But she couldn't tell them, could she?