Chapter 67

Daniel ran his fingers through his hair as he sat in the living room. Alone. Sometimes he wondered why he kept doing this. One second he was certain that Delia wasn't someone he could trust the next his gut told him that she was the only one telling the truth. He kept feeling himself slip further and further away. He had constructed his ideal world for himself, where everything was in its place, but whenever the real world collided with his he would try frantically to put everything back in it's place no matter the cost. 

"Hey, Gracen said you should bring teddy bear her sleeping medicine." Gina said softly pacing him a tray with pills and a glass of water. Daniel nodded absentmindedly grabbing the tray and walking upstairs still in deep thought. Why couldn't he accept that Gina was the cause of this all? Why couldn't he crush his illusions for the people he loved? 

The answer was simple. Daniel is scared and selfish. Scared that if he turns around to face reality, that all he will see is a rock waiting to crush him. And selfish because he didn't care that their may be people behind him getting crushed while he continued to ignore their cries for help. 

Daniel politely knocked on Delia's door. It was immediately opened Delia gave him a cursory glance before grabbing the tray. Delia wanted to try to explain himself to Delia to promise that he would change. But he couldn't. No, he wouldn't. Because they both know it would be a lie. 

After giving him a nod she shut the door. 

Two hours later a figure clothed in gray opened Delia's door and creeped in. Seeing an unconscious figure on the bed the figure flashed a large smile. After dragging the body into an office the figure in gray, panted slightly exhausted. shutting the door she stuffed a rag under the door to block out some of the light before switching on the light. After flooding the room with light the figure secured Delia to a a chair with a piece of rope. Satisfied with her work the figure smiled. 

A slap landed on Delia's cheek. "Wakey-wakey." blearily blinking her eyes Delia meet Gina's her pupils dilating in surprise. As Gina wiped her hand on a handkerchief she smiled brightly at Delia. 

"Don't tell me you thought that riling you up and acting innocent was the only way I had to deal with a weakling like you?" Gina a chuckled her dimples showing. "My dumb little teddy bear." A glare meet Gina's comment. "Don't give me that look. Most people would consider that a cute endearing nickname, of course that's not what I mean by it. But it's their thoughts that count, as the saying goes." This time their was no reaction from Delia. "This would be so much more fun if you would talk." She looked at Delia disapprovingly. 

"It was quite easy to get your brothers on my side. Don't believe me? Then why did Daniel let me use his office and give you those pills?" A wounded look crossed Delia's face. Gently tapping her nails on the desk Gina smirked with satisfaction. Turning around she walked around the desk going to sit in the leather chair, for a power surge and a dramatic flair. But suddenly her vision went black. And she heard a bone-chilling chuckle before she went completely unconscious.