Chapter 63

"Hey, birdie." Andre said casually. When he noticed the questioning look on her face he explained. "Your hair is tangled like a nest, I debated between calling you a rat or a bird. Any ways Andrew got called back to the clinic, so he asked me to come over and watch over you and make sure you don't overexert yourself." 

Delia shook her head, it was just a fever. Andrew didn't need to get so worked up about it. 

'It's time to eat breakfast.' Drew signed. Delia waved them away she began to shower and get changed. Delia's outfit this time was slightly different then normal, her t-shirt was a pale yellow and she wore leggings covered in sunflowers. Walking towards the dining room Delia couldn't help but rub her bare arms. 

She wasn't particularly comfortable with her scars being seen by others or even herself. The saying "Out of sight, out of mind." proved very true in this circumstance. But her outfit had it's own small role to play in this. 

So while keeping her gait as normal as possible Delia entered the dining room. Everyone was present except for Daniel and Gina. As Delia took her seat both Daniel and Gina entered. Even though chatting between the twins and Gracen, as well as Andre and Hunter, had been going on they halted when the noticed their brother and mother's presence. 

Daniel seemed concerned at the sudden silence, but Gina seemed pleased by the reaction. After all it was the respect and fear she deserved and craved. 

"No need to halt your conversations on my behalf." Gina's voice sounded caring. 

"Oh, Delia my poor teddy bear, why aren't you wearing long-sleeves. Did you not do the laundry? I remember how forgetful you were about that chore." This time the tone was more patronizing, but she still managed to make it sound like she genuinely cared about Delia. However, Gina had just packed a whole bunch of triggers into those three sentences. Delia's hand tightened around the glass in her hand, but she refused to show any other reaction. 

"There was this one time that, Jake wanted her to do the laundry before we got home from work, since Delia was homeschooled. But she must have gotten distracted and lost track of time.  When we got home there was some soapy water in tub, with the pile of dirty clothes just casually sitting there. She is such a silly little booger." Gina reminisced. In one swift motion the glass of orange juice in Delia's hand collided with the grinning Gina. 

"Delia!" Daniel yelled in disbelief. 

Delia's eyes blazed as she stared at Gina. Inside Delia curled into herself full of disgust and fear. But may lightning strike her if she let it show. 

'What she failed to mention is that that was the day after her hubby had targeted my arms, it took me half the day just to clean and wrap them, and I still had to clean the rest of the house, you tell me how I was supposed to submerge them in a tub and clean clothes.' 

"I-I'm sorry, teddy bear, I didn't know you always hide your arms under those long sleeves and you know Jake is in charge of assigning you your chores." Gina said looking at Delia as if asking for forgiveness. A snort meet the tearful declaration, it was Andre. After she sent a grateful look his way she continued.

'Let me guess you had nothing to do with the punishment inflicted on me for my unfulfilled task?' Everyone looked at Gina expectantly. 

"No. I knew. But Delia you have to believe me. I didn't want to participate, it was all Jake's idea and I was powerless to refuse. After all your are a Knill, how could you believe I felt nothing for you." Her tone sounded resigned. Shudders traveled up and down Delia's spin. This was bad, memories were resurfacing, everything began to flicker in and out of focus, as she tried to regain control of her thoughts. Finally she began to get a grip. However the look of conflict on her oldest brothers faces was almost enough to send all the way out of control. They were starting to doubt whether Delia's negative view of her mother was due to her limited view and grudges or if their mother was an actual threat. What mother would willingly harm their child? 

A/N I published this, but the ending wasn't what I wanted it to be so I changes, my apologies if you thought it might be a double update.