Chapter 19

Today was the day the officer Kim was coming over to ask some more questions about the situation and see if their was any other useful information. Daniel decided that he would still go to work event though it was the weekend, he didn't see much of a point in sticking around. The visit went smoothly and the police officer got the answers she needed however near the end of the interrogation session, the last two questions, it went down hill fast and the last question was never even asked.
"So now that the twins have left I just have one more question that needs to be answered you just have to simple nod your head 'yes' or 'no'."
Delia nodded not really sure why her brothers had to exit. 
*slight mention and allusion to sexual molesting and rape*
"Did your mother or step father ever touch you inappropriately?" Officer Kim asked gently.
Delia cocked her head to the side in confusion. What did she mean by inappropriately? Seeing Delia's confusion Officer Kim tried to explain as the explanation went on Delia's pupils shrank and her body began to shake, her breathing picked up. She was having a panic attack. Her vision was becoming blurry the edges covered in black and chunks of vision disappeared and her hands became numb. Delia tried to rain in her breathing but she couldn't concentrate on any one thing. His hands rubbing her. No, nobody was touching her. The click of a belt buckle. No that was blood ruching in her ears. She needed to breath. No she needed to hold her breath the stench of his breath was so close to her lips. She wanted to puck. There is no way to explain what she felt. She felt everything, but at the same time she felt nothing. Time spun in a constant never ending loop before finally her consciousness snapped and Delia was asleep.
*Warning ended*
Officer Kim noticed Delia losing focus and immediately tried to get her attention. She shouted for Gracen and Hunter and grabbed ahold of Delia trying to get her attention. Delia struggled against the restrictions. Hunter, Gracen and the twins ran in the twins quickly screamed at Gracen and Hunter to do something. Angry tears steaming down their faces as they watched their sister lose touch with reality.

Delia didn't react to the shouts and kept muttering "No. No. No." at regular intervals while shaking her head her breathing was two fast and oxygen didn't seem to be getting to her lungs she even held her breath for awhile. Eventually she was unconscious. Gracen quickly called Andrew and asking him to rich over as soon as possible, the twins weee hysterical and wouldn't let anyone near Delia except for Hunter. Gracen was sad to see that they didn't trust him but quickly stabilized himself and called Daniel to inform him and ask him to come home. Officer Kim apologized and said that she would leave for the time being and to contact her about Delia's situation. Gracen nodded and asked one of the maids to show her out.

Andrew arrived about half an hour later. He rushed in with a medical bag and rushed towards the couch where they laid her down and covered her with a blanket. Drew and Artie immediately rejected his presence standing in front of her and stare at Andrew with murderous eyes. Andrew had to convince them that Delia needed medical attention for five minutes and only then did they let him reach the couch but they still watched him with a calculating gaze and stayed close enough to intervene if Andrew did anything too suspicious.

Andrew told them that Delia was fine just unconscious for now she should wake up soon. That comment got the twins staring at him again.
"Your lying when Delia falls asleep say accident she doesn't wake up easily." Drew said his quiet nature seemed to recede during this emergency situation.
"What do you mean?" Gracen asked
"Delia doesn't sleep. It's too dangerous." Artie finished matter-a-factly.
"Why is it dangerous?" Asked Andrew. The pair of twins rolled their eyes but still answered.
"Mom and dad could wake up at any time and attack us while we are unconscious, plus Delia gets horrible dreams." Artie replied.
"But she never tells us what they are about." Drew said sadly. The three of them had been through a lot together but Delia still hide stuff from them even bad dreams. Artie pulled Drew into a hug. As they proceeded to watch Delia sleep, they ignored the conversation of the three men. 

"She has insomnia and you guys decided not mention it to me. You know their is medicine to help her sleep?" Andrew said his voice holding anger.
"We didn't know they never mentioned it before." Gracen said.
"And you didn't notice that she never slept? Surely it would have been clear by her behavior or even the bags under her eyes?" Andrew accused. Although Delia hide it well there were still signs. Hunter bowed his head in guilt he was supposed to keep track of the health of his younger siblings but he didn't even notice his sisters inability to actually sleep. He had seen the signs just ignored them and refused to put them together. Carefully Hunter reflected on himself and resolved to observe them even more carefully from now on.
"Whatever it is to late to regret now. Taking into consideration what the twins told us it might be awhile for Delia to wake up." Andrew said placing his instruments back in the medical bag.
"If it is ok with you guys I'll stick around until then in case something goes wrong. It shouldn't, but I have already requested the rest of today off for a family emergency and I won't be able to relax at all unless I know she is ok." Gracen quickly voices his approval and went to go make food and refreshments. Keeping busy was the way Gracen always dealt with situations that caused him worry or fear. And this situation had caused both.