Chapter 30

Drew woke in his room, rubbing his eyes you he woke up and turned to wake up his siblings. But they weren't there. It took Drew's sleepy mind a couple of minutes before he remembered that they had been sent to their separate rooms and today they would be what their extra chores were going to be. Drew was worried about how the punishment would be, if there would be anything added or if something would have changed overnight. But at the same time Drew felt sort of excited, puzzled Drew to figure out why as he changed his clothes and washed his face. Dismissing the thought for later Drew walked towards Artie's room. When he opened the door his brother was still asleep. Drew sighed, Artie had a habit of sleeping anywhere anytime and every time he did it it was very hard to wake him up without sending him into a panic attack.

"Tabime tabo wabake abup brabothaber." Drew whispered into Drew's ear. Drew and Artie had created their own language when they were fairly young, they did it because they had discovered that Delia had created her own language and they wanted to do the same thing. Unfortunately they didn't have the patience, luckily they found a solution to it.

Delia knew about it and how to communicate using it, but because she couldn't speak it was more of a thing that the twins used. They mostly used in public when they didn't want people staring at them strangely if they signed, especially with their looks of pity. The language wasn't so much a different language as a coded language, but since people automatically think that it's a different language they don't try to figure it out. Artie didn't move a muscle so Drew tried again, "Habuntaber mabade chabocabolabate pabancabakes!" At mention of chocolate Artie jolted. Realizing that he was awake and his brother's smirk, Artie glared. His own brother lied about his favorite food! Drew dashed out the door after he came to the conclusion that his brother may possibly kill him for joking like that. Sprinting towards the kitchen Drew managed to stay ahead of Artie, luckily Gracen was there so he had a shield. Shocked Gracen stared behind him where Drew was hugging his waist and had yanked him to face the entrance to the kitchen. Artie stalked in, his eyes locked on the liar, who was blinking innocently while peering around Gracen. Coming to his senses Gracen held onto Artie, before he could reach Drew.
"Arthur what is going on? Why are you chasing Drew?"
"That jerk told me you made chocolate pancakes, just to wake me up. But when I did he was smirking, he lied and he woke me up! It wasn't even time for breakfast yet." A whining tone seeped into Artie's voice still groggy from sleeping.
"Drew. Is that true?" Gracen turned his head to ask. Tapping his foot on the floor while staring at it, Drew nodded, admitting that was the case.
"Drew, are you supposed to lie?" A mumbled response followed Gracen's question.
"What was that?" Gracen asked waiting for a clear response.
"No." Drew answered, the answer was obviously shorter than before, but Gracen ignored the fact.
"So you are aware that your not supposed to lie especially to family?" Gracen said his tone still stern.
"Yes, but I couldn't wake Artie up and I knew telling home that you made your delicious chocolate pancakes would wake him up super fast. Besides it's not that early, your up and I was lonely." Throughout the explanation Drew's eyes had gotten progressively larger and by the end Gracen knew in his heart that those puppy eyes were going to be the Drew's greatest weapon.
"Drew no matter how much you flatter me, I will not accept your course of action as a responsible reaction." Gracen stated seeing the confusion clearly on Drew's face Gracen explained, "What you did was not a good thing and the reason that you did it does not make what you did right." Drew nodded vigorously. Satisfied Gracen decided to wrap this whole thing up, "Drew apologize to your brother and promise you won't do it again. Then go get the plates and silverware to set the table. Artie please go get Delia." Still upset about the way the whole event was brushed off, Artie listened to Drew's apology, before stomping up the stairs to get his sister. Quickly he returned with Delia trailing behind him, smelling something he had been thinking about since he had woken up, Artie dashed into the dining room. There sitting in the middle of the table were large stacks of chocolate pancakes. A wide smile broke out on Artie's face as he plunked down and stared at the pancakes that only a fellow food lover would understand.

Breakfast was quiet, except for the occasional all hums of happiness from the enjoyment of the pancakes. But even though breakfast was quiet some of the table members could feel something off. Drew sneaked glances at his older sister. Something was bothering her. Delia noticed Drew's attention to her, but she just gave him a small smile, nothing was wrong, and as far she was concerned nothing in their world ever would be.

After breakfast Delia followed Gracen to the kitchen and helped him clean up before asking some questions.
I was wondering if I could get a phone? I have been wanting to explore around more, but I want to contact you guys if something goes wrong.
Gracen thought about before nodding, "It should be fine, I'll talk to Daniel about it later."
Great! One more question. Am I allowed to move stuff in my room, maybe paint or decorate it more?
Gracen grinned, Delia was finally accepting this as her home.
"You can do almost anything you like just no actual damage to the walls. If you want we can even do some online shopping for decorations? Oh, I think we have some paint leftover in the storage room if you wanted to see if their were any colors you liked." Delia listened to his excited spiel and gave a bitter smile. He thought she was making this her home.

A/N
Hey so last chapter was a little hectic, I'm not sure how much of that I will continue incorporating it depends on the response I get for or against it, if you haven't commented your opinion please do!