Chapter 55

"I heard shouting, is everything ok?" Gina asked peaking her head into the room. Turning Daniel faced his mother. After Gracen's demand that he left Daniel had been frozen in shock and not moved. 

"Don't worry mom everything is fine Delia just got sick. And I didn't know what to do so I yelled for Gracen, since he is really good at this kind of stuff." Daniel responded a gentle smile on his face. 

"Oh, that must have been very scary for you. Are you ok?" Gina grabbed Daniel's hand to comfort him. Feeling flattered at the amount of attention his mother was given him Daniel's smile widened. 

"I advise you both get out of this room within the next fifteen seconds or Delia won't be the only one physically sick." Gracen's said coming back from her bathroom with a cool washcloth, which he placed on Delia's forehead. Daniel's smile quickly turned into a frown. 

"Come on. Let's leave him alone." Daniel turned and pulled his mom out of Delia's bedroom. Gina followed behind looking at Gracen with a look of longing. Unfortunately for her he didn't turn around to see her Oscar winning performance. 

Gracen looked down at Delia, bitting on his fingernails. It was a bad habit he reverted to when he was anxious. Delia was burning up and he wasn't sure how much health she had been able to gain in the past couple weeks, that could put her even more danger. Gracen knew that Daniel had never taken care of anyone when they were sick, he knew that Daniel hadn't meant to put their little sister in danger by sending her to her room. But the grudge in his heart didn't care, Daniel has been and continues to cause his family to be placed in danger and hurt. And their mother had placed all of her concern on Daniel ignoring her own daughter, who she claimed to have wanted to take care of and protect. Was that enough for Gracen to separate and try to gain custody of all of them? 

Shouts could be heard coming from downstairs. Gracen sighed with relief, Andrew had arrived. A  stampede could be heard thundering up the stairs. Gracen turned to face the new arrivals. Andrew was the first to arrive, closely followed by Hunter and the twins. Andrew looked at Gracen silently asking for him to move. Stepping away from Delia Gracen began to explain the situation. 

"She has a fever, she was unconscious when we found her and so far has been unresponsive." Gracen peered anxiously over Andrew's shoulder to see what he was doing. Andrew just nodded and continued to examine Delia. After several agonizing minutes Andrew finished. 

"She had a high fever but with some medicine she should be fine. The reason she is unresponsive is because of exhaustion, probably from stress or lack of sleep, possibly both." Andrew handed a signed prescription to Gracen.  Sighs of relief sounded inside the bedroom. Gingerly Drew and Artie crawled on top of the blankets and after a questioning glance at Andrew layer beside her. To everyone's surprise Delia's arms moved her arms wrapping around the twins. Hunter silently exited the room as everyone was gazing at the adorable scene. Calmly he walked down the stairs and headed to the living room were muffled talking could be heard. 

"Hello Hunter. Is there something you needed?" Gina asked. Hunter didn't respond and continued to walk towards her and Daniel. When he was about two feet away from both of them and halted. Slightly disturbed Gina took a step back. 

"Hunter stop it your freaking us out." Daniel said sternly. Two sharp slaps loudly resounded in the room.