Chapter 41

Delia stared intently at her brother. He would disown her and never talk to her again? It would be painful, but with her departure it was bound to happen. The real problem was that he planned to cooperate with her plan. Her plan could succeed even without the twins cooperation, but the chance was much slimmer. Endangering their safety was not a risk worth taking. But telling them could end in the same result. Even if she did tell the truth about the plan she still wouldn't be able to explain some things. She couldn't explain how she knew it was going to happen. She couldn't explain who was helping them in the background. And she definitely couldn't tell them why "those people" were willing to provide them with aid.
'If your willing to not acknowledge me as your family and harm you brother in the process of not following my plan, then maybe you deserve to suffer the consequences of your actions.' Delia decided to play it safe and prodded Drew hoping that the hint would get Drew off her back.
'What do you mean by that? You said we would be safe and now your saying that we aren't?' Artie interjected.
'I said I will make sure you are, but if you guys are uncooperative the chances of one or both of you getting injured rises.' Delia truthfully said, trying to calm the twins panic. The room was completely silent except for the heater humming. The silence wasn't painful only contemplative.
'Fine. If you can't tell us the specifics then you have to answer the other questions we ask as long as they are vague.' Drew compromised
'I agree to answer any questions that won't cause terrible backlash.' Delia agreed.
The twins looked at each other having a silent conversation, while Delia patiently waited for them to finish. Others might be creeped out by the level that the boys could "read" each other's minds, but Delia had witnessed the scene numerous times in her life and considered it fairly normal. Turning they both faced Delia at the same time.
'Does your plan involve you being safe and with us.' Artie questioned.
'Yes and no.' Delia answered bracing for a strong reaction. Surprisingly there was none.
'Why not?' Drew asked his blank face carefully maintained. Delia knew that what he was really asking was did she not plan herself into being safe in with them, because it wasn't possible or almost so or was she getting tired of them and wanted to break for them and this was the perfect opportunity.
'It is possible but the probability is low enough for me to not to risk it and if I tried to stay with you danger would automatically follow. Statistically speaking staying with you only hurts you guys.' My existence is a danger to you everyone I'm around you guys I end up getting you hurt was what Delia meant. Maybe that wasn't true maybe all the circumstance were just coincidences, but when the things happen over and over again it easy to spot the common variable. In this case it was Delia. Delia was the straw that broke her parents marriage. Delia broke apart her family. Delia couldn't be perfect. Delia couldn't protect those she loved. Delia couldn't change her mother. Delia ruined the perfect image her brothers had of their mother. So why not remove herself from the equation?

Hey, sorry this came out late I got home later than I thought I would. I always try to be relatively punctual, but that doesn't always happen. Sorry again and enjoy!