Chapter 65

Throughout the day Delia, drifted in out off feeling present and feeling disconnected. Sometimes she felt completely whole and present, like when the played freeze tag around the trees, her adrenalin pumping as Andre almost snagged her before she swerved behind a tree. Or when they played Obo-ski-wattin-tottin, a game which Andre tough them and required quick reflexes and a silly rhyme. (A/N In case your wondering it is an actual game) Delia felt her check get sore from all the smiling. But other times everything seemed faraway and out of reach. 

Lunch they picked up McDonald's, something Delia, Drew and Artie had never tried, although Drew and Artie had witnessed their classmates eat or talk about it. Of course Andre had gotten permission to take them out from their guardians. They all decided to order happy meals, with chicken nuggets and fries and go-gurts, because Drew and Artie agreed that they were the "superior choice" along with some lemonade. The food was pretty good. The day had been pretty good. 

After they got Delia home, left for her room, she needed to recharge some before the coming confrontation. To Delia's surprise Gina hadn't been as confrontational as she had thought she would be. If Gina followed her usual pattern then that meant the situation would be significantly less volatile then she had planned and since Andre wasn't staying for dinner that further brought the level down further. If everything went perfectly most of the "explosion" would happen at night just between her and her mom. The less her family knew the better it would be for everyone. Delia remained in her room resting until after everyone was home. When Daniel, Gracen and Hunter had arrived home, it was time for Andre to leave. 

He hugged Drew and Artie and then turned towards Delia. Walking towards him she felt a heavy weight in her chest. 

"Ouch, I know I call you anaconda, but if you pop one of my lungs and I die, I will sue you." Andre said seriously in mock pain, as Delia hugged him. Delia giggled silently, trust Andre to get her to giggle when she wanted to cry. Although Andre and Andrew didn't know any of the specifics of the plan, they knew that something was wrong and Delia didn't plan on staying with the twins they just hoped that she would trust them to help her out if she got into any trouble. 

After their goodbyes Andre left. But not before making a signal his fingers crossing as he made a small circle at his side and Delia had nodded in confirmation. Nobody else nodded a rectangular shape now in his sweatshirt pocket. 

As dinner was almost ready the whole family had gathered in the living room. Delia stood leaning against a wall so that she could have a full view of the situation in front of her. Suddenly Gina stood up and stood in the middle of the room, while nervously twisting her hands as she took a deep breaths. 

"I know that you guys may not believe me. And that's ok, but I want you guys to know my side of the story even if you never forgive me." The last sentence was said towards Delia and the twins, but Delia saw her subtle glances towards her three older brothers to observe their reactions. Shaking her head Delia snapped her fingers grabbing Artie and Drew's attention and then made sign with her hand, the twins simultaneously and headed towards the stairs. 

"Where are you guys going your mother is talking!" Daniel said.