Chapter 51

"Delia go to your room and remain there until I come and get you." Daniel said his eyes still burning with righteous indignation, but their seemed to be something flickering in his gaze as well. Delia glanced at Artie and Drew with a nod signifying that they would be ok now she herself nodded nonchalantly towards Daniel and began to ascend the stairs in a spritely fashion. After his little sister left Daniel continued to comfort their mother. Awkwardly Gracen was standing beside the twins. Gracen still wasn't sure how he should react to their rejection, he looked towards his Daniel and Hunter. Of course they were both busy, Hunter's eyes were unfocused, as if he had a dream, woken up and couldn't quite remember what it was about. Gracen remained just as clueless as to what he should do in this situation. Honestly he was a stranger to people rejecting him his charisma and cleverness as well objectiveness had made many people male and female fall pray to his designs. 

Not even his brothers could resist him if he were to try his hardest, of course Hunter had always craved attention and validation, even though most of the time he kept to himself so there was no problem their. As for Daniel, him and Daniel had always been a team they worked well together and had the ability to fill in each others flaws. However since they had found out about the abuse of their younger siblings that had changed. Gracen had tried to stick by Daniel and his decisions, but the things he didn't agree with had begun to build up. And the perfect duo was continuously breaking, and if the Gracen's attempts were anything to go by this something that could be fixed. 

Delia had helped open Gracen's eyes in many ways to her revelations about Daniel's attitude and lack of restraint when it came to things around their mother to her accurate evaluation of himself and the way he portrayed himself. She had a way of seeing things clearly no matter what it was or who it involved, it was fascinating and absolutely terrifying at the same time. 

Having someone who could read your actions and body language in such away that they got an in depth view of you and your character is not something people like to think about. Everyone has something in their closet that they would rather not have people around them see, it could be something big or something little like and embarrassing picture when they were a tween, but there is always something. Delia may not be able to read into the specifics of someone yet, but she was already capable of interpreting so much about a person right now and she is only thirteen. 

Not for the first time Gracen began to contemplate who he should react to these situations in the future. Many confrontations between Delia and Daniel's opinions and views had already occurred, but it seemed to be reaching a climax and Gracen still didn't know were he stood. Eventually Gracen came to the conclusion that he needed more information about the situation. If Daniel was right and their mother had no other choice than he might be able to forgive Daniel, but if it came to light that their mother found even an ounce of joy in the pain of her children, Gracen would separate from Daniel and fight for custody of the kids. Gracen cared a lot about his family and wished it to be healthy and complete, but if he had chose between them he would chose healthy. I taking the younger children away from Daniel could bring more happiness to the most people than he would do that. Daniel not properly investigating their mother or defending him would cross the final line in Gracen's heart.