Chapter 42

Arthur, Drew and Delia remained holed up in her room for the rest of the day only coming down when it was time for lunch. The conversation consisted mostly of the twins trying to get Delia to spill everything about the plan. Not responding or only cryptic answers kept the twins relatively in the dark. But in the end the twins promised to cooperate and act normal. However, both Artie and Drew shared a glance that sealed their promise that when the time came they weren't going to let Delia leave.  Halfway through the afternoon Delia kicked them out of her room.

Once Delia knew her brothers had left she began to organize some of the equipment she would need. Delia carefully removed the back of her phone. "Their" letter had said something about possible tracking devices in and on her phone. The apps were pretty easy to disable, but for the possible one in her phone she decided to remove it herself. After that was done Delia reached under her bed grabbing some of the things she had be stashing. There was some sticky putty, a key to the garden shed, some rope, a pocket knife that she had found in the "junk drawer", and a small shovel.

Grabbing the sticky putty Delia began to work on her mural again, it was almost done. However most people wouldn't think so when they looked at it. Their were several blank sections and blocked out part as well as some section that were extremely detailed. Going toward her closet Delia grabbed some clothes before heading towards the bathroom for a shower. Passing the mirror Delia glanced it before staring at it intently. Her body began to shake and her eyes widened as her mouth opened slightly. The next second her face was expressionless. Acting was a key part of her plan. It wouldn't do for others to find out that she had planned the actions that were pulling reactions from them.

By the time her practice session, shower and changing clothes were done it was almost time for dinner. Delia grabbed her phone and drifted towards the living room downstairs. Delia frowned slightly as she noticed that Daniel was sitting on the couch. Deciding to avoid him for the moment, Delia turned to the right to head towards the kitchen.

"Delia." Daniel called. Delia didn't respond and just slipped into the kitchen one of the maids was cooking since Gracen had been working most of today. Delia felt something heavy settle in her chest — disappointment. Realizing that she had automatically searched for Gracen when she was in a uncomfortable situation, Delia scolded herself. Two more days. That's all she had left so she should start adapting herself to their absence as soon as possible.

"Delia! Get back here!" Daniel yelled quick footsteps could be headed towards the kitchen. Calming herself, she walked towards one of the stools by the counter. Settling some in the one farthest from the door, she waited.

"Why did you ignore me when I called you? Gracen and Hunter keep telling me that your a good kid and that I should give you a chance, but you seem bent on proving them wrong." Daniel said his tone biting. Delia stared at him silently. 
"What? Answer me Delia! Communicate with me!" Daniel said his tone slightly breaking. Cocking her head Delia continued to watch and listen. His voice may have been breaking because of how desperate he was to make up lost time with his only sister. But Delia highly doubted it. If something is important to someone they will fight for it. Delia was very clear about what was important to her biological oldest brother. Some part of Delia found this scene amusing the same part that makes people laugh at dark humor. The situation so horrible, but unexpected and strange. Maybe the talk after dinner would be just as entertaining? Hopefully it would be more useful. A fake Daniel was funny, but she needed him to show his true colors that be red or yellow, passion or cowardice.