Chapter 38

She won't leave? Will she? These thoughts were still running through Hunter's head as he left Delia's room. After he had calmed down, Hunter feeling embarrassed hadn't stuck around for long, before he left her room to go to his room. Hunter wasn't really sure why he got so upset. He knew that people sticking around him wasn't likely at least not for long. Gracen and Daniel were the only exceptions that he knew of and since they were both usually busy with the company they didn't hang out with him often. Grateful though he was, for they hard work, he sometimes wished they were just his brothers again not his parental figures or providers.

Maybe he was so upset because it wouldn't be the first time that Delia had left? Maybe he felt guilty because it was her fault that she did? Or maybe it was that in the time he had meet her he had begun to see her as his sister and someone irreplaceable in his life? Unsure Hunter continued to ponder his predicament, inside his own head he didn't notice where he was going and smacked into someone.

Daniel glared at his brother. What was the little booger so focused on that he didn't notice his eldest brother? Noticing who he ran into Hunter slightly panicked, he wasn't scared of his brother hurting him, but the lectures weren't something he wanted to listen to right now. Also it was likely that Hunter's thoughts would run back to his earlier questions, he wouldn't pay attention and get in even more trouble when he was caught. And Hunter would get caught he had no doubt, Daniel was very observant when he wanted to be.
"Hunter, how many times have I told you to look where your going. One of these days your going to fall and hurt yourself or worse you'll hurt someone else." Daniel scolded a slight frown creasing his eyebrows as he pictured the incidents he mentioned.
"Sorry. I just got distracted for awhile. I'll pay attention now." Hunter explained before moving forward to pass Daniel and continue on his way to his room, which was sounding really appealing right now.
"What were you thinking about so much?" Daniel questioned, causing Hunter to groan softly under his breath. So close.
"Something I'll probably never figure out." Turning around he tried to escape once more. The break down he had earlier in Delia's room had really worn him out. All wanted to do right now was curl up on his bed and scroll and watch YouTube and TikTok videos.
"Try me. You never know I might see something you didn't." Daniel said.
"No thanks, but I appreciate the offer."Hunter responded calmly. He wasn't about to have any of his weaknesses discovered especially when it involved Daniel and Delia.