Chapter 48

"Why don't we have breakfast?" Gracen asked trying to break up the tense atmosphere. Without a pause Delia turned around and headed back upstairs.
"Delia, where do you think your going?" Daniel asked his voice hard. Their was a slight pause in Delia's step when she heard the question, but she didn't turn around and continued to head upstairs.
"DE—." Daniel began to yell before his mother's hand grabbed his arm.
"It's fine Daniel. She has every right to react this way. I didn't mean to hurt any of you, but she's young it's normal for her not to see the whole picture." Gina excused Delia's behavior while simultaneously downplaying her own past actions and painted Delia as a mossy teenager with a small mind. Their mother was truly brilliant with people. Daniel listened to his mother, but still glared angrily at Delia's back.

Breakfast was a quiet affair. Gina practically hovered adding more food to each of her kids plates. Unfortunately she didn't pay attention to how the twins had been avoiding meat and stacked sausage links on both of their plates. Both of them darted towards the bathroom as soon as it touched their plate. A combination of  the smell of the meat and the presence of one of their key torturers caused the nausea normally present with either of them to multiply. Gina looked confused and embarrassed.
"They just don't like meat it makes them nauseous." Gracen explained. Daniel nodded in agreement.
"Oh." Gina said and plopped down in her seat to begin eating again. Hunter observed the action and frowned, her kids were vomiting because of the food she gave them and she sat down and was able to eat? This wasn't the behavior of someone who cared.

Meanwhile upstairs Delia was up stairs staring at her bedroom ceiling, bored. The feelings and words she said were true, but she was being provocative on purpose. It was dangerous but if she wanted the bear to walk into her trap she had to poke it a couple times. People who feel strong emotions make impulsive decisions which leads to mistakes and more holes to be exploited. Delia's wrist began to tingle, Delia stood up in one smooth quick motion and darted downstairs, vomiting could be heard from the bathroom near the living room, mostly used by guests. Delia didn't pause and walked in. Seeing Artie and Drew vomiting, she grabbed a wash cloth dampened it with cold water and began to wipe their faces and necks while patting there backs gently. Artie stopped heaving first, turning on the sink he washed the vomit down the sink before turning towards his brother still hunched over the toilet and helped Delia comfort Drew. While doing so he explained what had happened. Delia frowned, Gina had known about the twins negative reaction to meat, it had been something she periodically used to "punish" them non-physically. Had their mom adjusted her plans? Gina should still be trying to win over the twins and everyone else. Delia shrugged since the plans had already derailed at least slightly she mind as well stab the bear harder. A small smile crept across her face, as plans began to twirl. Revenge wasn't Delia's style, but since it coincided with her plan she was most definitely going to take advantage of it.