Chapter 61

Gracen was lying. The lawyer had said that there is a chance for it, but it wasn't particularly likely and if Daniel decided to fight it, the chance became even lower. But this wasn't something kids should be worried about. Gracen was snapped back into reality by to bodies smashing into him. It was Artie and Drew. A smile grew across Gracen's face, but he felt slightly puzzled, why were they so excited about this? He got that they wanted to be far away from their mom, but he had seen some of the idolizing looks the twins had sent Daniel's way, especially early on in their visit. He had expected more hesitation and some convincing on his and Delia's part. 

What he had failed to realize was that although they were young they weren't idiots who blindly followed others even when they hurt them and their loved ones. And although they respected and even looked up to all three of their older brothers, the person they appreciated and respected the most was Delia. Anyone who wanted to change that was the equivalent of attempting to get a pregnant camel to fit through the eye of an embroidery needle. Impossible. 

This was the first time that he had been hugged by the twins, and for some reason he felt as if something had clicked into place when they did so. But it still felt as if something is missing, instinctively his gaze shifted to Delia. She seemed on edge she was crouching as if prepared to launch herself anywhere the next second. Gracen's heart began to ache, and he couldn't quite understand why. 

Andrew seemed relaxed but there was worry in his posture especially as he looked at Delia, probably restraining himself from scolding Delia for moving or threatening her. It was if a light bulb had suddenly went of in his head. 

"Hey Delia we still haven't had or tea party." Andrew said calmly. Delia shifted her focus slightly, but didn't move from her crouch. She seemed to be excited at the idea though. 

'Really that would be really fun--" Her hands halted for a moment as she stared intently at the door. Something she noticed seemed to shift her mood because suddenly her enthusiasm dropped from a 200 to negative eleven. Giving Andrew an apologetic smile she continued where she left off. 

'Not today though, I still don't feel very good. In fact I think a nap you guys should go do whatever you want to I probably won't be doing anything until tomorrow.' The last part was also directed at the now untangled Drew, Artie and Gracen. Andrew translated it for her. 

"Nope. I understand that you are tired, but you need to eat dinner, but you haven't ate anything all day." Gracen scolded. Andrew looked at Delia with concern. 

"You didn't anything! Why didn't she eat anything?" The last part was directed at Gracen. Gracen awkwardly scratched the back of his neck. What could he say? That she didn't want to eat with their mother in the room so she skipped breakfast? Andrew would just ask why they hadn't brought her her meal. Was he supposed to say that Daniel had gotten angry at something Delia did even though their was no evidence she did so and was planning on making her skip lunch? Or that after he insisted that she needed to eat Daniel found her collapsed on the floor of her room? None of them would end well. None of them were good enough excuses. 

A/N Hey Readers!

I just have had a couple things that I thought you guys may want to know. I did start this book as something fun, I can't believe how many people actually enjoy reading this! I read all of your comments and enjoy them thoroughly. I do understand that my chapters are short I figured that out pretty early on, I began writing my stories with a minimum of 500 words, then when I realized how little that actually was I tried upping it to 1,000. However after several chapters I realized another problem, when I start a chapter I have a general trajectory of how the chapter is supposed to do, but usually it is only a singular point. I would end up reaching that singular point to early in my chapter and have to invent a whole new trajectory, but that messed with the flow of the story so I decided to put the requirement back at 500 words. I also want to finish this before I go back to school, so I think I may start publishing double chapters on days that I don't have activities, of course that doesn't mean the double chapters will happen all the time, but it should speed up the story. I feel so proud that my story is appreciated, please keep up the comments and such. I don't like it much when other authors leave a ton of notes which is why I have been keeping it to only a couple. Of course if you have questions feel free to leave them here and I will do my best to answer them. 

Happy Reading, 

BookwormwithaQuill