Chapter 14

Delia felt relaxed after the happy evening she was able to share with her family. But when you have been going without sleep for days on end being relaxed makes it easy to fall asleep, especially because Hunter had given her a white noise machine and had her put it on his favorite track it was falling rain. She had decided to listen to it why she drew. She conked out after about the fourth picture or four in the morning.

Warning some abuse and cussing

Delia woke up in the same closet like room on the same ratty mattress she always woke up in, but something was wrong she could feel the tingle she always got in her left wrist, she didn't really understand why, but if it was tingling something horrible was coming. That's when she realized that the clock showed six in the evening and she hadn't done anything she needed to get ready for when her parents returned. There slippers weren't next to the door, their room hadn't been cleaned, their clothes folded and put away, and dinner definitely wasn't cooked. Thirty minutes remained before they arrived. Frantically she set up the slippers and made dinner if luck was in her side the would eat their food slow enough for her to complete the rest of her chores and they wouldn't bother to check their room before they dug in. She was able to get fettechenie Alfredo and garlic bread ready before they arrived: the sauce had been waiting in the fridge. With the slippers in place she now had a chance of surviving the evening with minimal damage.

But like a majority of the time kick was not on her side. Silently Delia watched her younger self wait at the side head down hands in front of her. Delia screamed for her younger self to run lock herself in her room consequences be damned. But even her dreams Delia's voice couldn't be heard and her younger self continued to wait. Younger Delia's ears pricked up, she heard footsteps and voices. But there was more than two voices and footsteps. Delia tried to shove her dream self, but something even worse happened she was now stuck in the body of her younger dream self.

Run you have to run don't sit here like an idiot. The door is going to open soon run away if you don't avoid this you won't be able to speak again! Not speaking is the end of being yourself! But my body wouldn't moved I waited patiently for my parents and Destin's arrival. Mother walked up to me and gripped my chin tilting it so she could see my eyes and I could see the utter disgust in hers. Pulling my hair she dragged me down the hallway father and Destin followed. I didn't try to free
myself from her grip to much pain would come after I did so. She opened the door to her room. Her lingerie and ashes from cigarettes littered everywhere receipts and food liberally sprinkled around as well. Mother was silent and her face impassive. Younger me began to quiver and my breathes speed up almost no space in between them. Destin and father walked in. Destin whistled lowly, "Jake I thought you said you had the little botch trained?" Father's face began to turn red and then he smiled, "Destin do you still have that tool you said I could borrow?"
"Sure, Jake it is in my truck I'll bring it up as long as I'm allowed to watch seeing that pretty little thing writhing and pure hopelessness and again would make my day."
After father nodded I was dragged down to the basement my body twisted trying to escape their grip my eight year old body didn't stand a chance. As we got closer I could feel the panic start to seize me. Basement. Darkness. Chains. Tight. Pain. Tools. My struggle continued and I was tossed down the flight of stairs. My mind was hazy and before it cleared I was dragged and shackled. Destin returned soon after. Younger me with her soft clear voice begged for mercy but it didn't come. Destin brought a long rod, at the end of the rod was a plate the entire nine letter word hard to make out it being backward but when powerful lighters were placed underneath it it turned an eerie orange. They were going to brand me. Red hot metal was going to be shoved on top of my skin and there was no way to prevent. As it pressed on my tightened stomach I screamed in pure agony. The smell of burning flesh made me feel like I could taste it. But soon pain was all I could feel. I thought was over but the metal remained on my skin for an eternity it never stopped.
Warning ended

Jolting upright Delia awoke her mind still stuck with the phantom pain on her stomach and she didn't dare to lift her short least she see the wound still fresh. Dripping down the side of her face was sweat her leggings and sweatshirt that she wore 24 hours began to feel suffocating. But she didn't dare to move them. She didn't dare to move at all, least this what she thinks is a reality become another nightmare.