Chapter 9

Gracen brought the paper and pen and then followed the twins as they reluctantly retreated to what Gracen called a game room. Delia began to write, silence penetrated the atmosphere, but neither Daniel, who had been required to stay, nor the police officer disturbed the quiet. It took almost an hour for Delia to finally finish. While the police officer began to read the detailed explanation of what went on in the house and where they could find the evidence. Daniel stared at his little sister. His gaze complicated, he wanted for it to be true that she had not lying to him. But not at the expense of her torture and the image of his mother collapsing. Daniel's image of his mother was at the pinnacle of his admiration: because life got so much more difficult without his mom in the house to him she was the key to returning to the simpler time where he could just be a kid instead of taking care of his siblings. He would never admit it nor was this image of his mother a conscious decision, but Delia shaking that image wouldn't and hasn't gone well. If there was proof that the woman he created his mom to be was fake and in fact a terrible person with little to no humanity there is no telling what his reaction will be. 

The police officer relayed the information to officers who had gotten a search warrant and they were going to retrieve the physical evidence. Luckily for the persecution there was plenty of evidence. Officer Kim walked to the side to continue her conversation with her comrades and superiors. Daniel now had the paper of what Delia had written. It didn't take him long before his face turned ashen.

The paper began with confirming what the twins said. However that was only a couple of sentences out of the page and half she had crammed full of writing.

*The following section is what was written on the paper. This is a warning, torture methods are mentioned however most of just details the weapons and what the were used for. Most of the specific memories Delia has will not be discovered until later in the book. Viewer discretion is advised. Asterisks are placed at the end of the paper*

Often my punishments take place in the basement. A whole slew of devices can be found most of the time they tools are not cleaned so it's great evidence. After you go into the basement at the end of the stair handrail there is a button pressing it will unlock the sliding bookcase. Behind the case is a rack full of our parents tools, not including the belt. The belt is kept inside my parents' room's closet. To the farthest left there are cuffs and chains they are attached to the farthest left corner of the basement to hooks embedded on the concrete wall. The cuffs have blood on the inside because of their roughness and how tightly the are on. Just right of it is another set of chains these are normally swung at my back and chest although sometimes it is wrapped around my neck there may not be much blood on them since most of the damage is bruises, fractured ribs and internal bleeding. The third item is a small knife it is Gina's favorite tool for carving patterns and words, on me of course. On a small shelf next to that are different types of lighters and cigarettes which are lite and then pressed onto different places. The last ones are needles some of them are simply poked into me, some draw blood and sometimes various drugs are stuck into me to see my reaction. Both Gina and Jake take pride in what they do, videos and pictures can be found in the study on the first floor. Most of them are on the shelves, but the "special ones" are kept on a USB port locked into the bottom right of the desk. I don't know where the key is, so a locksmith will most likely have to be used.

*End of paper*

Daniel continued reading the paper, blocking the images of the tools in action. Officer Kim returned asked if there was other things they should know. Delia shrugged grabbed one of the extra sheets of papers and wrote 'I don't know those are the things that provide most of the evidence. It doesn't really cover everything that they did just the things that have evidence that is not cleaned up or excusable.' Officer Kim nodded explained that the questioning would may continue later but for now they had all they needed. Daniel took a picture of the paper before passing the actual copy to the police officer.

"Delia... I'm sorry. If I had known I— sorry." Daniel's voice was soft and weak. Delia nodded and slid a paper over, 'Am I dismissed? I would like to check on the twins.' Daniel quickly nodded, "could you ask Gracen and Hunter to come down please." Again Delia nodded before walking quickly in the direction of the game room. Since she wasn't sure which room it was of the three doors in front her she listened carefully. Soon shouts could be heard she pushed open the first door on the right. A large TV hung on the left wall and her four brothers sat on a large couch directly in front of it there were remotes in their hands and shouts of effort rang almost continuously. Delia took her time before she interrupted them. For her to see her baby brothers safe and happy felt amazing. Soon the game ended with boos coming from all of them except for Gracen, who apparently won. Delia knocked on the wall all four spun around quickly Delia signed that the police officer had left and that Daniel was looking for Gracen and Hunter and he should still be in the living room. Delia was surprised when it was Drew who translated for her. His voice still loud and boisterous from the game, although it quickly quieted once he noticed Delia's flinch slightly. Gracen smiled and Hunter nodded at her before they left. Excitedly the twins began to explain the game they were playing called "Mario cart".

The relaxed expression of Gracen quickly tightened when he saw a pale Daniel crouched with his hands over his face. After noticing their entrance Daniel didn't say anything but passed them the picture of the paper. Gracen managed to make it to the bathroom before throwing up. Hunter spun around and directly punched a wall, the anger clear in his eyes and his body trembling.
"What do we do now?" Daniel asked