Chapter 31

The twins heard about Delia's plan to paint her room and requested that they be able to do the same. Cautious as Gracen was about the mess they would cause if allowed to, Gracen agreed; as long as they got help from him, Hunter or Daniel. They twins were a little dissatisfied that they couldn't do whatever they wanted to do but soon ran of to the playground in the back to plan it. Gracen wanted to shout for them to not run in the house as they scampered away but they had already slammed the door shut. A slight frown appeared on Delia's face, the twins getting this comfortable and unguarded could cause wrinkles in her plans. Grabbing Delia's hand Gracen lead Delia towards the storage room. Shelves, black and metal lined the walls, cleaning supplies covered most of them but at the back of the room against the walls the aforementioned paint cans could be found.

A half of a hour later Delia had already moved the colors she wanted to her room. Because they didn't have the paint brushes she needed Delia decided not to paint for today, but instead began to us a charcoal pencil to sketch out the design she wanted. Although Delia did plan on painting her room she planned on painting a murals and patterns, not just changing to another solid color. Spending the rest of the day except for meal time in her room, she managed to sketch out her plans for her walls.

After dinner Daniel had given Delia the phone, Gracen had asked him to get her and the tablets he had decided to get for the twins. Delia and the twins thanked him. And the twins even hugged Daniel in their excitement. Daniel didn't refuse the hug and even hugged them back, which successfully shocked his siblings. Hunter was helped them get their devices set up and explain how to operate them. The twins quickly got the hang of it and began to play some approved games on their iPads. Delia took a bit longer to get a handle of her phone since it had more apps and uses than the iPads, but still caught on rather quickly.

Delia stared at the pills in front of her. The sleeping pills had helped her sleep more soundly, but hadn't been able to stop nightmares. Nightmares couldn't be predicted, but Delia still had an inkling that tonight she was going to have another horrible nightmare, so she decided she wasn't going to take it. This task was actually quite easy to accomplish: Gracen had passed Delia of the pills and a glass of water before heading to the game room where the twins were playing with Hunter. Delia tossed the pills down the sink and poured the water afterward before setting the glass in the dishwasher.

Having already refused to join her brothers to play Mario Cart Delia was free to go to her room and explore her new phone, as well as use it to smooth over the roughest parts of her plan.

Delia didn't sleep all night, but was able to smooth out one or two things she hadn't figured out yet, but also discovered some things were more complicated than she thought they would be. Their were a lot of laws that detailed different punishments in different breakages of the law and also what would definitely get her mother in trouble and what would be brushed aside at an excuse from her mom. To Delia's surprise although injuries to the extent she received were considered  abuse their was physical punishment that was found acceptable, called "corporeal" punishment. Also she found an even more disturbing thing her mother if she was diagnosed with a mental disorder could get away with less or no jail time at all, luckily if she was diagnosed she would be put in a mental hospital to help her. This would be helpful because one she would be kept away from Delia and the twins and two of her mother actually did have a mental disorder than she might stop trying to destroy them even if she got out.

The laws and her shallow understanding of them would take some time to work around and improve so that her plan would be able to come into play. Although she did work most of the night and morning, Delia did get distracted on several occasions, she discovered a thing called Pinterest that gave her some more ideas for her room and that some how lead her to watching compilations of cute animals stumbling around. However eventually she got back and on track and decided to do one last thing before the house began to wake up. She had to text "them". Subconsciously Delia hadn't wanted to contact them and had been putting it off, as something unfavorable. But now she couldn't stall anymore so she wrote a message in her language and took a picture of it and sent it to the number she had memorized. It took a couple hours, but eventually the picture was marked as seen. Sighing in relief Delia began to take a shower and went to change her clothes. Her mind wandered as the water rushed down her body. It went back to the first meeting and last meeting with "them". It wasn't a particularly happy memory, however it wasn't one of the worst ones she had.