Chapter 45

With an aching body Delia began to get ready for the day. It wasn't that she was sore from exceeding it was just that she hadn't slept in several days and it was starting to hit especially with all the mental energy she had to use to plan and the emotional energy she had been forced to spend. Closing her eyes Delia decided to rest for a couple seconds before the daily intrusion of the twins. The bonus besides some rest for her eyes is that Artie and Drew would worry less about her sleep. It wouldn't do for them to mention any suspicions to Andrew.

Andrew was coming to check in on the kids as well as advise some new materials in their diets. Right on cue the twins slammed open her door.
"Delia we have a visitor." Drew said.
'Of course we do. Gracen already told us about this, did you forget?' Delia signed absentmindedly
"It's not Andrew. Delia it's mom." Artie said. Delia wasn't to shocked Gina wasn't supposed to arrive this early, but it wasn't outside the realm of possibilities in fact it was pretty likely. It hadn't stopped Delia from hoping that the woman to give her nightmares was going to be living in the same house as her and attempt to place all the bad she things she did onto Delia. What did shock Delia was her brothers responses.
'Don't look at us like that your aren't the only one who lived with that woman. We may not be precise as you about reading people and their future actions, but mom isn't too hard.' Artie signed disgust at the mirror mention of their biological mother.
'Her qualities include an unflinching devotion to money and a blatant disregard for human relationships and trust. I suppose considering these things it's not surprising especially with all the hints I provided you guys with.' Delia responded nonchalantly. But after the signing Delia placed her hands behind her back. She didn't want her brothers to see them shaking. It is one thing to bravely declare that's person no longer holds sway over you and that you no longer fear them, but years of abuse can't be erased with a couple weeks of semi-acceptance from a group of people who were essentially strangers. It didn't help that now the plan that's failure or success determined the safety of her little brothers as well as herself, Hunter and Gracen. Again Gina doesn't regard human relationships as relevant, if she could emotionally and physically cripple the children she had raised since they were born until now it would hardly surprise the three if she seriously harmed the biological sons she hadn't seen in nine years.

Delia nodded to her brothers before striding out her bedroom door and heading downstairs to see her mother. Delia heard laughter coming from the doors leading to the kitchen. It sounded like Gracen's and Daniel. Halting in front of the door Delia tried to work up the courage to open the door. As Delia was remiss ting her fingers trying to psych herself up enough to push it open, Artie took pity on her and impatiently opened it before walking through. Delia and Drew scrambled to follow what they witnessed in the dining room caused a sense of disappointment and accomplishment in Delia. Her prediction appeared to be correct, but her prediction appeared to be correct. All her older brothers was going to be lead by her mother.