Chapter 70

"What do you mean nobody knows where Delia is?" Gracen asked angrily after he had questioned all of his brothers, except for Daniel, who was currently be escorted to the police station for further questioning. They had searched the house, but couldn't find her. 

""She left."" The twins said in realization. 

"That's what she was hinting at. That's why she kept avoiding questions about our future." Artie said. 

"Especially if it involved all of us together." Drew added, both of the twins eyes looked at each other in mortification. Why didn't they see it sooner? She kept her space from them, gave them space, but let them make their own decisions and learn from their mistakes. She was helping them prepare for when she wasn't going to be there.

"No, she wouldn't just leave."Hunter said. Gracen nodded in agreement. 

"It isn't like she can either, we will just have the police find her. She is under age it's illegal for her to do this." Gracen stated logically. 

"Excuse me. Officer, our sister is missing could you ask the officers to tell us if they see her." Gracen asked one of the police officers who was still around. The police officer looked puzzled. 

"What sister?"

"We have a sister, Delia, thirteen years-old, dirty blond hair, about this high." Gracen said gesturing to Delia's approximate height. 

"Oh, you mean her. I just got confused because you said she was missing." The officer smiled and turned around. Gracen grabbed the officer's shoulder, getting frustrated. 

"What do you mean 'You got confused, because I said she was missing'? She is missing." Seeing how upset Gracen was getting the officer showed his palms in a placating manner. 

"Sorry, it's just from our intel your sister moved out three days ago to live with her aunt." Seeing how shocked they all seemed by his revelation the officer stood patiently. 

"We don't have an aunt. The only one we did have died ten years ago." Hunter said. 

"Well, I don't know that's just we were told. Daniel passed over the custody of Delia a week ago and it was legalized and everything." 

After much arguing, it was discovered that an aunt that didn't exist had full custody of Delia, but the police didn't give out the address since it was stated on the form that she had requested that their be no contact between them or Delia. 

To everyone except the Knill brothers, Delia had been handed over to an Aunt with her guardians consent and had been leaving with her Aunt for several days already. 

Eventually the police left and the remaining members of the Knill family gathered in the living room. They all sat in silence not knowing what to say. 

Suddenly. Hunter jumped up, "The shed keys!" Delia had handed Hunter the shed keys, before dinner without any explanation. He thought she had found them laying around and wanted him to put them back, but maybe there was a clue in the shed. Maybe Delia left some parting words.

A/N: Hey readers!

So, the next couple chapters are going to explain what each member of the family received from Delia. After that there will be a short epilogue that leaves space for a sequel to this book. However, I am not totally sure if or when the sequel will occur. I have school starting back up soon so I wanted to give everyone a possible ending, but I know there is so much more to explain so I left space for a book two. Also, I really want to fix this book first, because there may be some changes that effect book two. I know that a lot of you enjoyed my book and that makes me very happy, but the story isn't up to my standards, it's a first draft, and although I had a good idea of where I wanted the story to head it wasn't complete and my characters weren't developed yet. So it felt bumpy and uncoordinated. 

May the blessings of beautiful books be upon you, 

BookwormwithaQuill