Chapter 22

"Hey, Lia. What's happening with you? Do you know that my own twin, Andrew the calm rational dependable one, was crying yesterday, the big baby, I had to spend half the night consoling him and the other half searching for the lease to make sure we wouldn't get penalized for the water damage his river of tears caused. And after all my effort he didn't even tell me that he meet you! Could you do me a favor? Sock him the arm super hard, 'cause that was a jerk move. Speaking of jerk moves, I know we shouldn't have left without saying goodbye. I guess we thought that the sooner we no longer existed in your life the better. Maybe it was better for you, but we sure missed you a lot and kept thinking of you for the past three years. Ahh, what fond memories. Me teaching you how to swim so you could sneak into the pool and I could convince Andrew that the thing grilling his legs was the vengeful spirit that was hanged on the willow tree. Lake Wanto was a fun place to hang out. Oh, you know that rock you found shaped like a heart? Well Andrew the big softie paid a jeweler to have it made into a pendant. So if you beat him don't aim for his chest because he wears that darn thing everywhere. Trust me that thing is tough, one time when we were wrestling I elbowed him, aiming for his throat, don't stress I missed, anywho he nearly broke my elbow..." Andre continued to ramble on and on sometimes commenting on Delia's imagined words, although they didn't keep in contact they still spent almost everyday with her for two years. Everyone seemed tired relax as Delia's muscles began un-tense. Andre was thirty minutes away and it took him awhile to arrive but the entire time he talked with Delia keeping it lighthearted and away from possible saddening topics. The truth was most of the memories she created with the older twins were happy some spats happened, but it never stopped them from being buddy buddy in a couple hours. Also the older twins didn't know much about her because for the first year or so it was difficult to communicate with her, it wasn't until they taught her sign language, which took a short time of a year, that they actually began to have complete conversations with her. They had tried writing, but responses were to delayed not to mention because Delia didn't have formal education or the help of her parents her handwriting, grammar and vocabulary was severely lacking. And even after they could properly communicate Delia would avoid or clam up about anything related to her home life.
"I'm pulling up to this address it appears to be a... castle? What the flying fluffy fish guts is this massive place? There are guards and gates! Lia don't worry your Prince Charming is here I shall enter this dangerous place and rescue from the person who held you captive and then we shall proceed to raid the enter place for precious treasures... what that isn't how the story goes. Oh well, fairy tales are overrated anyways I'd much rather write my own. The butler dude showed me were to park I'm now walking towards the castle. Is my Anaconda ready?" Andre talked as proceeded towards the front doors. Delia who hadn't moved suddenly bolted towards the door, causing everyone, except for Andrew, to gasp or shout in surprise. After messing with the dead bolt for an unnatural amount of time she managed to open the door she immediately sprung into Andre's arms. Andre seemed to have braced himself as he barely moved backward on impact. She squeezed him tightly, exaggeratedly he began to gasp for air as if she was squeezing breath of him.
"How you been Anaconda?" Hugs were a special form of greeting for them and since every time Delia would try her best to squeeze the life out of him, causing Andre to dub her Anaconda.
"What he doesn't get a kick in the shin? Lia we talked about this you can't play favorites." Andrew stated seriously. After she was back on he feet looked at Andrew before nodding firmly she turned around and promptly tried to smash Andre's shin with her foot. Andre promptly howled, in fake or genuine agony. No one could tell. Smirking at his older twin Andrew politely introduced Andre to all of Delia's brothers, "This adorable dolt is my brother, Andre. A majority of what he says is nonsense, but it usually has some sort of reason to it."
"Dear brother why don't you inform them of my profession?" Andre asked playfully
"My genius brother decided that he would try to participate in as many careers as he possibly could, because having a career path is too 'boring'. I honestly stopped keeping track of them after his job as a circus clown." Andrew said tiredly.
'Male Barbie' Delia signed. Andrew chuckled and nodded.
"What did she say?" Gracen asked in curiosity. Andre looked puzzled "Who in this new world are you?"
Quickly Andrew signed to him explaining that these were newly discovered brothers and and guardian.
"Please stop signing since we can't understand what you are you saying. You wouldn't want us to think your cursing us out behind our backs would you?" Daniel said.
'They are her guardians and they haven't bothered to learn sign? Don't the twins use it a lot too?' Andre asked.
'Hunter, the one with blue eyes has learned a few signs, but no they haven't seriously studied it.' Andrew responded.
"You guys are awfully rude." Gracen whispered under his breath. Andre did a sign back at Gracen. Delia gasped and looked shocked before looking at Andre in disapproval.
"What did you just say?" Gracen asked
"I think it was 'thank you'?" Hunter answered
Delia's lips curved up slightly. The word looked similar to 'thank you' but it had a vastly different meaning it was equivalent to the meaning of the middle finger. (A/N if you would like you could look up the two signs. They really do look similar.)
Delia thought she had given up that she wasn't going to ever fight her situation again, but her family didn't need her to. Her family would love, protect and guide her to be the beautiful, individualistic, confident human being she had always wanted to become. As long as she gave them the chance