Other Friends

(Y/n)'s POV:

Cassandra told everyone the story of how Mother Gothel abandoned her as a child. She was abandoned because Gothel refused part with the Sun Drop. How she remembered this after so many years of living without it.

"You saw all of this in the House of Yesterday's Tomorrow's?" Rapunzel asked and I squeezed Varian's hand. "I saw everything, Rapunzel." Cassandra said her body illuminating the room. "Cass, if what you're saying is true-" Cassandra shot her eyes towards me and so did Rapunzel. I swallowed the lump in my throat and stared at Cass. "Sh-she not lying." I said softly and Rapunzel looked back at Cass. "It means-" "It means that I'm Gothel's daughter!" Cassandra yelled as more black rocks formed around her. "And you're destiny belongs to me." Cass said stepping forward.

Rapunzel did the same. "Cass. We are friends. In fact, being Gothel's daughter, that...that makes us closer than friends, it makes us sisters!" Rapunzel said and I bit my lip. 'Saying you're sisters is only going to make matters worse.' I thought to myself. Cassandra laughed and blue electricity came from the stone and surrounded her body. "Sisters?! My own mother chose you over me. My whole life, I've been cast aside for you! No more." Cassandra said glaring daggers at Rapunzel.

"So, what did we miss?" Lance said as he pushed the double doors open revealing himself, Max, and Adira. "Lance, not now." Eugene said softly to his best friend. "Cassandra, please! Let me help you." Rapunzel said reaching out for Cass only to have her back away slightly. "Stay back!" Cass said and black rocks separated the two. Rapunzel, however, stood her ground.

"Cassandra, you've got to give me the Moon Stone! It is too dangerous!" Rapunzel said with authority and concern. "The whole world is at st-" "I said stay back!" Cassandra yelled and quickly sent black rocks right for Rapunzel. The golden hair quickly wrapped itself around Rapunzel's body protecting her as she was shot back to the doors of the room. She fell at Eugene's feet and he held her only for Rapunzel to flinch in pain.

"Cassandra!" Eugene yelled and Cass stared down at the blue electricity covering her hands. Adira was quick to reach and started slicing the black rocks left and right. "Wait! This isn't a good idea!" I called out, but it didn't stop Adira's advances. Adira was able to force Cassandra back onto the rocks behind her. "Release the Moon Stone, short hair! You don't know what you're dealing with." "Neither do you!" Cassandra said and the electricity around her body shot Adira back. She hit the black rocks hard and Lance ran to her.

Adira's sword landed in front of Cass and she easily picked it up and placed it in her back. "Cassie, please, you don't have to do this!" Varian said walking to stand in front of her. He tried to reason with her only for her to charge right towards Rapunzel. "Oh, no, you don't!" Eugene said as he moved in front of Varian. "Eugene, no!" Rapunzel yelled and Varian moved out of the way right before Cassandra struck Eugene with the rocks. "Cassandra, wait!" Rapunzel yelled before running after her.

'Wait...I know this...' I thought to myself before looking back to where Cassandra once stood to see the large dark shadow with glowing green eyes and large ram horns. 'Please no...not now.' I watched as the shadow crept across the wall and was directly behind Varian. He didn't notice it as he was staring at where Cass had run off with Rapunzel following her. The shadow slowly reached down with its long claws towards Varian. "No!" I screamed. Before I could even think, my body was already charging towards him. I shoved him aside and I watched as he fell to the ground before quickly turning to look at me.

I was about to tell him to run, but a sharp pain going from my shoulder blades, down my back, and finally ending at my waist, made me stop. The pain felt like I was on fire. Every second that past, it felt like it became deeper and deeper. As if I was being scratched over and over in the same exact spot. I fell onto my hands and knees from the pain and felt tears starting to fill in the corner of my eyes. I looked up and saw Varian not too far from me. He was looking behind me absolutely terrified. The blue orbs I've come to know and love met mine, but only for a split second.