Storm Cloud

Third POV:

Rapunzel and Eugene rode out to find the young witch with Max and Pascal. Max pulled the group in a cart as everyone kept quiet. Rapunzel was trying to figure out how to tell (Y/n) the bad news while Eugene was thinking of all the ways this could possibly go wrong.

The cart made it to the edge of the meadow. The couple got out of it and both glanced at each other before starting their walk through the meadow. The couple noticed a small dark cloud pouring rain down onto a slumped over figure. Lightning was striking around the figure and they could hear the thunder emit from the lightning strikes.

As they got closer they realized it was (Y/n). Her clothes and hair were drenched from the rain and they could hear crying coming from the poor girl. She was facing away from both of them and they were able to see Ruddiger placing various random objects in front of the witch.

Ruddiger looking up at the princess and Eugene with sad eyes as he slumped forward as well. Rapunzel went to reach a hand out to the girl only to pull it back to herself as lightning struck next to it as some sort of warning.

"(Y/n)?" The princess asked softly. The witch turned her head to look at the princess. Her eyes were red, puffy, and clouded with tears. (Y/n) quickly wiped her eyes and tried to calm herself down quickly. There was no longer thunder and lightning and the rain seemed to become slightly lighter. She stayed silent as she completely turned herself around to face the two guests of the meadow.

An uncomfortable silence filled the air as (Y/n) wiped her eyes once more. A very small fake smile was plastered on her face as she looked up at the two. "H-hey guys. Wh-What's u-up?" She said through soft hiccups. She tried her best to act like she was okay, but it was obvious that something happened to her.

"Kid...what happened?" Eugene asked as he crouched down in front of (Y/n). "I-I-" She started to say only for her emotions to take over her once more. Tears started to fall down her cheeks and the rain, thunder, and lightning to pick right back where it had left off.

Ruddiger quickly went around the witch. He wanted to comfort her again, but he couldn't get back to her without getting electrocuted. The group looked at the witch with sad eyes.

"(Y/n)." Rapunzel said softly as she crouched down with Eugene. "What happened?" She asked even softer. (Y/n) took a couple deep breathes as she wiped her eyes and brushed her drenched hair out of her face.

"Varian...h-he-" She tried to finish her sentence only to become more upset. Her breathing quickened once more. "Hey, hey, kid, you're going to make yourself sick if you keep hyperventilating like that." Eugene said softly going to reach for her shoulder when lightning hit right next to his hand. He yelped in surprise as he pulled his hand back to him.

Rapunzel guided (Y/n) to take a few deep breathes and she followed. Once she was calmed down enough the rain was the calmest it had been since it appeared.

"What did Varian do?" Rapunzel asked as Eugene rolled his eyes. "What hasn't he done?" Eugene said under his breath receiving a nudge to the ribs from his girlfriend.

"He...he broke up with me. He t-told me he's in love with someone else." (Y/n) said looking down at the ground. Rapunzel and Eugene looked at each other knowing who the someone else was. "He's my absolute everything and...and I'm not his!" (Y/n) said before crying into her hands once more. She lifted her head quickly to her friends with wide eyes. "He said he wanted to marry me one day...was that all a lie?!" She asked her friends only to cry even harder into her hands.

Eugene leaned over to Rapunzel and whispered in her ear. "Looks like Varian isn't a dirty cheater after all. But this doesn't make our situation any better." He said and Rapunzel nodded.

The princess watched the witch with soft eyes before determination shined through. "Nope. There is no way I am letting you stay here and mope about." She said standing up with a determined smile. Instead of getting up and going along with whatever plan Rapunzel just came up with, (Y/n) simply laid down on the ground and curled up in a ball as the rain started pouring down harder.

"Uh, Blondie...I don't think she wants to go anywhere." Eugene said softly to his girlfriend. "She just needs a little motivation. Come on, (Y/n)! Is this really what you want to do? Sit in the mud and cry all day?" Rapunzel asked hoping to get a better response. The witch refused to make eye contact with the princess as she nodded yes and curled into herself more. Her original white dress being covered in grass stains and mud.

Unfortunately for (Y/n), Rapunzel wasn't going to give up so easily. The princess let her hair down and managed to wrap it around the girl's arm. Rapunzel tugged at her arm a few times but she didn't budge.

"Just leave me here to rot." (Y/n) said and Rapunzel rolled her eyes. "You don't mean that." She said and her green eyes met (Y/n)'s serious eyes. "O-Okay...maybe you do mean that. But good friends don't let friends go through a break up alone. And I have a feeling I know how to help you feel better." Rapunzel said with a smile.

"Maybe we should just leave her be. Varian couldn't have broken up with her too long ago. Everyone in Corona knew how close they were. She is probably hurting a lot right now. We don't even know how he broke up with her! He could have done it in a note for all we know! Look, what I'm trying to say is that this wound is way too fresh." Eugene tried to reason with Rapunzel but her mind was made up. The princess managed to pull (Y/n) up with her hair so she was standing and she quickly wrapped her hair around her torso so (Y/n) couldn't sit back down.

A pout was on the witch's lips as she stared down at the golden hair around her waist that was slowly becoming more wet by the second. The rain around her had calmed down. There was no more thunder or lighting and she sniffled before wiping her nose with her arm. Eugene, Rapunzel, Ruddiger, and Pascal cringed at the sight but would never say anything to her about it.

"Come on, (Y/n), let's get you back in good spirits." Rapunzel said as she gently tugged on her hair. (Y/n) reluctantly started walking ever so slowly. Her eyes were glued to the ground as she wiped her red eyes once more. Ruddiger stayed by her side as they walked making sure she wouldn't give up on walking all together.

Now that the rain wasn't as hard as it had been, the others were able to touch (Y/n). They all tried not to hug her afraid that she would break down once more and get struck by lightning.

They made it back to the cart and Eugene helped (Y/n) in. Eugene and Rapunzel both let (Y/n) have her own side of the cart as she curled up on the seat. The only thing coming from her was ragged breathing and sniffles. Ruddiger and Pascal had both curled up next to her to try and make her feel better.

Meanwhile Angry, Catalina, Lance, and Elizabeth were all hiding in the bushes near to where Varian and Rosalie were having a picnic. Elizabeth stared sadly at the princess that she had just gotten the courage to ask out.

"I just don't understand." Catalina said as she stared at the alchemist. "He's dating (Y/n). He would do anything for her, but he's here with her?!" Angry whisper yelled in the bush only to be shushed by the group.

"You know, I think I have a better idea than just sitting and waiting around for answers." Lance said before whispering into Angry and Catalina's ears. Once he told them the plan they both nodded.

"Elizabeth distract Rosalie once the plan is in motion." Lance whispered and she looked at the group confused. "W-wait what is the pl-" "Operation capture the alchemist is a go." Angry said with a smirk.

Lance, Angry, and Catalina all jumped out of the bush and grabbed Varian. "H-hey! What are you-ah! Put me down!!! Seriously this is not the time! Woah! Lance! Put me down!" Varian yelled as he was carried off by Lance with the two sisters not far behind. Rosalie watched confused at what had just happened and Elizabeth took her chance.

She sat down next to Rosalie and stared at where the kidnappers went. "Did...did they just kidnap him?" Rosalie asked not minding that Elizabeth was now with her. Elizabeth shrugged her shoulders and opened the picnic basket that had been left behind. She pulled out a piece of bread and broke it in half handing her best friend the other half.

"Liz you can't just take food like that." Rosalie scolded and Elizabeth giggled. "Do you really think they're going to be bringing him back any time soon?" She asked and Rosalie sighed knowing her friend was right.