Confessions

Third POV:

Varian was working down in his lab with Ruddiger around his shoulders. "Okay Ruddiger! I believe I've done it! Now all that's left to do is add a small itty bitty drop of flynolium and-" "Varian!" "Ahh!"

Varian yelled at Rosalie's sudden burst into his lab making him drop what he was holding into the small beaker on the table.

The contents in the beaker started boiling over. Ruddiger scurried off of Varian and ran behind Rosalie who was at a safe distance. Varian wasn't as lucky. The contents blew up in his face and smoke filled the room.

Varian coughed as he stumbled back. His hair was messy and black covered his face and clothes. "I didn't mean to frighten you." Rosalie said softly and Varian waved his hand at her as he continued coughing.

"I-it's fine. What can I do for you, princess?" Varian asked as he faced her going to lean his hand against his desk but missing and stumbling once more. Rosalie let out a soft giggle before remembering why she came to see him.

She took a deep breathe before walking over to him. "I was actually wondering if you'd like to join me in town near the fountain?" Rosalie said casually, but on the inside she was terrified by how the alchemist would answer.

Varian simply smiled at her. "Sure!" Rosalie let out a soft sigh of relief before Varian continued talking. "We can have Elizabeth and (Y/n) join us as well." Varian said wiping off his cheek with his sleeve. His smile never faltering as he walked around the lab trying to clean himself up.

"A-actually-" Rosalie was cut off by Varian. "I believe both of them are in the meadow." Varian said picking up Ruddiger.

"V-Varian-" Rosalie was cut off again by him. "I also need to tell (Y/n) about-" "Varian!" Rosalie raised her voice causing the alchemist to stop in his place. The princess sighed as she rubbed her temple. "I-I was hoping it could just be the two of us." She said softly and Varian looked at her confused.

"Really? That doesn't make any sense. Why wouldn't we invite-" "I like you Varian!" Rosalie yelled and both were taken back by what the princess had said as an awkward silence crept up on them.

"I-I...I really like you Varian." Rosalie said looking down at the ground. Varian and Ruddiger glanced at each other before staring back at Rosalie. Varian let out a sigh as he rubbed the back of his neck. "I'm really sorry Rosalie, but...I'm in love with someone else. I-I mean madly in love." He said and Rosalie looked up at him with soft sad brown eyes.

"What?" She asked and Varian nodded. "W-who?!" Rosalie asked walking towards him obviously angry at him. Varian held his hands up in defense. "It's (Y/n). I've been in love with her for a long time now. " Varian said not noticing the slight tears in the corner of Rosalie's eyes.

The princess looked back at the ground holding back her tears as she ran out of the lab. "Rosalie! H-hey! Wait!" He said starting to run after her. He quickly lost track of her and Ruddiger chittering in his ear caught his attention.

"She's really upset, Ruddiger. I know I made her upset, but we're still friends. At least I hope we're still friends." Varian said to his raccoon friend before trying to find the princess once more.

Meanwhile two now close friends sat in the witch's quiet meadow. (Y/n) and Elizabeth were both laughing and smiling as they sat in the middle of the meadow while Sunny rolled around in the grass. The witch was shuffling her mother's tarot deck in her hands carefully.

"I have to admit. I've never thought about it that way before." (Y/n) said with a smile and Elizabeth stared at the witch. "Is that a bad thing?" Elizabeth asked with a slight smirk and eyebrow raised. (Y/n) laughed and shook her head no.

"I think having different perspectives makes up who we are as individuals. They also help us connect with others." She said softly as her hands worked around a small wire and a small crystal.

Elizabeth rolled her eyes as she watched (Y/n) work on the new piece of jewelry she was making. "Um...(Y/n)?" Elizabeth asked softly. "Yes?" She asked looking up at the girl across from her.

Coincidentally, Rosalie was watching both girls with tears running down her cheeks. She was about to interrupt them.

"There...there's been something I've been meaning to tell you." Elizabeth said and (Y/n)'s eyes widened softly. Rosalie watched the two silently as she listened in on their conversation.

"What is it?" (Y/n) asked as she stopped shuffling the deck already knowing where this was headed. Rosalie stared at her best friend silently hoping that she wasn't going to do what she had done not too long ago.

"I...I like you...a lot, (Y/n)." Elizabeth said and Rosalie couldn't take it anymore. She stormed off once more with even more tears running down her cheeks.

"I-I....um...wow...uh...I'm flattered Elizabeth, really. But, I fell madly in love with Varian and I find myself falling harder for him every day. We've been dating for quite some time now that I think about it." (Y/n) said softly and Elizabeth sighed and nodded.

"I can't help but feel you have stronger feelings for someone else, emeralds." (Y/n) said softly as she started to shuffle the deck and Elizabeth stared at her with wide eyes before sighing.

"You're right. I...I think I'm in love with Rosalie." "That's great!" (Y/n) said with a smile. "No it's not! Rosalie will only ever see me as...as her best friend. I can't even tell her how I feel because I value our friendship too much. I don't want to lose her." Elizabeth said looking down at the ground.

"I was in the same situation with Varian." (Y/n) said softly and Elizabeth looked up at her. "Really?"

"Yup. We were practically bound together at the hip. Hell, we still are. One day we got into a rather big argument and in the heat of the moment I spilled. I told him that I liked him before running off back here and spilling my heart out on the floor." The witch had a soft smile on her cheeks as she talked.

"The next day, Varian came by and apologized for how he had acted. He even helped me with a project he'd promised he'd help me with. While he was here he said that he felt the same way for a long time. We started dating that same day." (Y/n) said with a smile and Elizabeth nodded.

"What I'm trying to say, is that you should give it a try before you lose the chance to tell her how you feel." (Y/n) said as she pulled one card from the deck. A smile covered her delicate cheeks as she showed her friend the card.

The card that was revealed was the two of cups. It showed a picture of Elizabeth with pure joy on her face and a flower crown made of roses on her head. Towards the right side of the card, you could tell she was holding hands with someone, but the card cut off before you could see who it was. Although, (Y/n) had a feeling she knew exactly who it was.

"So...I just need to take a chance?" Elizabeth asked as she held the card carefully in her hand. "Exactly! Besides, what's the worst she can say? No? And I have a feeling that won't be the case." (Y/n) asked with a soft laugh as she pulled the card back and shuffled it back into the deck.

So many thoughts were swarming through Rosalie's head. "Am...am I not good enough?! Wh-What's so special about her?!" Rosalie yelled out into the woods. "What am I doing wrong? All I wanted was Elizabeth, but she wants (Y/n). And I move on, and guess what?! He wants the witch too?!" Rosalie wiped her tears as she continued towards the palace.

She stormed into the castle ignoring everyone that tried to get her attention as she barged into the room she was staying in. The princess pulled the old beaten up journal from under her pillow out and quickly flipped through it.

"You wanna play, witch? Let's play." Rosalie said as the only emotion she could feel was anger towards the witch. "You take what's mine, I'll take what's yours." She whispered to herself as her eyes locked with the very page she was looking for.

A/n: Hey guys! I'm back and better than ever! I know it's been a hot bit but I'm back! I'm here to update more! And I'm here to give you more of our beloved Varian! See you guys next chapter!!!